PDA

View Full Version : Home tournament help

rebling777
04-29-2003, 06:27 PM
We're hosting a limit holdem tourney with a $20 buy in this weekend. It looks like we're going to have about 12 guys so we were going to start out with two tables. We will distribute 800 in tounrey chips with the blinds starting out at 5-10 and going up every 30 minutes. My question is, what's the best way to combine tables. We don't want the tables to be lopsided. We also don't want one table sitting there while we wait for the other table to drop down to 4 players or whatever. Any advice would be appreciated.

cferejohn
04-29-2003, 07:13 PM
Well, the way it is handled in live tournies I have been to is to move someone when the tables are unbalanced by more than one person. As to whom to move, I've seen it done a couple ways:

*High card the person to be moved and move him to a predetermined seat at the other table.

*Move the person who is about to be big blind into the big blind at the other table (waiting until the blind hits an empty chair). In a home game, I suppose you could also just slide some chairs around and stick him in between two players.

Good luck!

pudley4
04-30-2003, 12:08 PM
Easiest solution - If you start with 12 players, when you get down to 10 players, combine into one table /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

When we have more players what we do is only move a player when the difference between tables is 2 players. We look at the chip counts and move the player who has the middle total. If there are 2 players with the same total, the player closest to the big blind moves. If there 2 or more spots at the new table, put him as close to his current position in relation to the big blind as possible.