PDA

View Full Version : Wierd players atTruePoker!

Bubmack
04-29-2003, 06:23 PM
Strange Stats at True. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif You get a juicy 45-50% seeing the flop in many games. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif However, In those same games - the average pot size is only about 4-5x the Big Bet. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif It almost like we have a new breed of player...The loose rocks?

I won about 20 big bets over a 5 day period and got the hell out of there. I want to play there, but I just don't know if the players are as loose as most think.

Anyone else notice this - or did I just catch True over a couple of strange days?

Bubs

Your Mom
04-30-2003, 01:57 AM
The tables I play at mostly are half fish, a fourth decent, and a fourth good. It seems that the breed you are talking about is are the players who will never bet or raise a hand other than the nuts. Sometimes I just see downright silly play like flop top set and never throw in a raise. I just laugh. One time player flopped top pair, hit trips on the turn, and just kept calling heads up with another player who kept betting into him. After the hand, I typed, "The raise button is on your right." That got a couple of laughs. Hang aroung though and you can make some good money. I'm up 600 in ring games mostly 1/2 and a little 2/4 in the two weeks since I signed up. I find most of the games ideal for my style. Players play pretty straightforward and passive i.e. raise with big hands, just call with middle pair, draws, overcards, etc. Pretty easy. G/L. My screen name there is cubsker, so say hi if you stick around.

Lunamondo
04-30-2003, 09:48 AM
They are not profitable as such, without making a difference of at least who are the aggressors and who are not (and who are more or less calling stations, and who are more or less loose before the flop). Try to stick around when there are one or more calling stations (not too many), they are a major source of profit, if you don't get unlucky. You also will have to adjust your bets and raises on the flop and turn depending who are there; vs. some people it's much like showdown poker (e.g.: bet-call, check-check, check-check) and in other cases a semi-bluff takes the pot (either there or after another bet or check-check, check-check). Also note the pot-limit games of Truepoker.

MS Sunshine
04-30-2003, 01:27 PM
It seems that players LOVE to call with big pairs preflop at True. That helps the flop average.

The games seem soft, but I can't win there.

MS Sunshine

lefty rosen
04-30-2003, 03:48 PM
Actually I have seen that before at other sites half the guys are in pre-flop and if a king or ace hits the board everybody believes the guy betting into the king or ace. Why would the same player who will call ace or king anything in any position play like this I will never know...