PDA

View Full Version : TP, mid kicker, BD flush - should I be done when the ace hits?

DrewOnTilt
09-11-2005, 08:28 PM
CO is a TAG - overly tight but aggressive when he holds a hand. I don't know how he plays flush draws, though. MP3 is an unknown.

I coldcalled on the flop with the BD flush and the slight possibility that my hand was best at the time. But who dumps this on the turn? Obviously the river was a clear fold, but should I have been gone when the flush disappeared and the overcard hit?

Comments on all play appreciated.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

River: (12.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: 13.75 BB

molawn2mo
09-11-2005, 08:52 PM
fwiw, i dump it on the flop when it's 2 back to me.

ya really gotta dump it on the turn, though.

JacksonTens
09-11-2005, 09:07 PM
I'd raise preflop, and if 3-bet, think about capping with 6 players in. This might seem aggro but QJs is a topnotch multiway hand. This is a clear turn fold, and maybe even a flop fold, in a situation like this sometimes its better to check the flop and evaluate the action behind you, with a 3betPF and six players I want to know how heavy its gonna be till my TP3K c/r's them.

JT /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Harv72b
09-11-2005, 09:57 PM
You should be done when CO 3-bets the flop.

Since the top flop card is a club, there's no way he could be 3-betting with top pair + flush draw. The only flush draw he could possibly hold which a TAG might face the field with 3 cold with would be A/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif, and he would certainly have 3-bet with that preflop (I don't think he 3-bets the flop with that hand anyway). So when he coldcalls preflop &amp; 3-bets the PFR's flop raise, that means one of two things: he either has AQ, or he flopped a set. You're drawing nearly dead to a flopped set, and to 3 outs vs. AQ (2 if someone is on a flush draw), which makes this an incredibly easy fold.