PDA

View Full Version : Movie recommendation for Klepton....

TheMetetron
09-11-2005, 07:44 PM
... linky (http://www.netflix.com/MovieDisplay?movieid=11519642)

IggyWH
09-11-2005, 07:47 PM
Worst [censored] movie ever

thirddan
09-11-2005, 07:48 PM
thats actually a really good movie...

jason_t
09-11-2005, 07:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

scrub
09-11-2005, 07:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Italian Neorealism: more about saying you've seen it than enjoying it.

scrub

TheMetetron
09-11-2005, 07:51 PM
Yeah, I've never seen it. It just showed up on my Netflix recommended list and thought it was kind of funny.

I'll apparently now add it to queue.

Sponger15SB
09-11-2005, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, its a great movie.... to write a 5 page paper in intro to film class.

Otherwise, it not that great.

IggyWH
09-11-2005, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be a HUGE mistake. These people who are saying it's good are saying so because some movie snob told them so.

The movie sucks and it's in Italian (how can you watch a movie when you're busy reading subtitles). Easily one of the lamest movies I've ever had to watch.

TheMetetron
09-11-2005, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be a HUGE mistake. These people who are saying it's good are saying so because some movie snob told them so.

The movie sucks and it's in Italian (how can you watch a movie when you're busy reading subtitles). Easily one of the lamest movies I've ever had to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to consider listening to your recommendation until that came up.

I'll trust jason_t saying it's good.

WillMagic
09-11-2005, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The movie sucks and it's in Italian (how can you watch a movie when you're busy reading subtitles).

[/ QUOTE ]

aahahahhahaha wow. You don't say this kind of thing if you want people to care about what you think.

Will

thirddan
09-11-2005, 08:15 PM
yeah, i watched it in a film history class, but that doesn't mean i didn't actually enjoy it..actually its one of the only films i didn't leave half way through...the other was "man with a movie camera" an insane movie...

lucas9000
09-11-2005, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i knew this movie was going to be in the post before i even opened the thread. too obvious.

InchoateHand
09-11-2005, 08:16 PM
I enjoyed it. Rabid anti-intellectualism is fun---I mean, how could anyone enjoy anything if they had to read or think? Clearly, anything besides spoonfed entertainment (which I also enjoy, but OBVIOUSLY for different reasons) isn't worth the time.

Jesus Christ, its netflix--add it, watch it, and see what you think.

IggyWH
09-11-2005, 08:42 PM
I hate trying to explain myself to people who obviously have no clue what I or themself are talking about, but oh well, I'm bored :

If you don't know what this movie, it is about a guy who gets a job where a bicycle is required. He uses all of his family funds to finish paying off a bike which is soon stolen. He can't hold this job without the bike so the movie is then about his inner struggle and ultimately trying to steal a bike himself.

Not only is this movie supposed to be great because of the inner struggle, it goes a lot deeper in sort of documenting the time in which it took place, the way the movie is filmed, the different "shots" it uses... all revolutionary stuff.

So, when I say how can you enjoy a movie when you have to read subtitles, what I mean is how can you appreciate the things that's supposed to make this movie great, the visual aspects of it, when you're busy reading the subtitles to keep up with the story.

I personally still don't believe it's a good movie simply because the guy is plain retarded in trying to steal a bike. It's over dramatised and not nearly as hard to steal a bike, especially in those times as this movie tries to make it out.

ADDED :

and when watching it I wondered why the hell it took him so long to beat the crap out of his kid. Damn that little bastard was annoying.

WillMagic
09-11-2005, 08:46 PM
"I personally still don't believe it's a good movie simply because the guy is plain retarded in trying to steal a bike. It's over dramatised and not nearly as hard to steal a bike, especially in those times as this movie tries to make it out."

So because the character WHO HAS NEVER STOLEN A BIKE IN HIS LIFE doesn't do as good a job of stealing a bike as you think he should, you don't like the movie.

Oh, and the subtitles. Forgot about the subtitles.

Will

IggyWH
09-11-2005, 08:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So because the character WHO HAS NEVER STOLEN A BIKE IN HIS LIFE doesn't do as good a job of stealing a bike as you think he should, you don't like the movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, I don't see it as realistic. All the places that he passes in the movie where bicycles are just sitting there without anyone really watching them that he could easily take. Does he? No... he makes a whole elaborate process out of it and then when he finally decides to steal one, he does a horrible job at it.

It just isn't realistic to me at all. I put myself in that situation, I might have struggled with the decision, but once I decided to do it, it would have been no problem stealing a bike.

Sponger15SB
09-11-2005, 09:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Exactly, I don't see it as realistic. All the places that he passes in the movie where bicycles are just sitting there without anyone really watching them that he could easily take. Does he? No... he makes a whole elaborate process out of it and then when he finally decides to steal one, he does a horrible job at it.

It just isn't realistic to me at all. I put myself in that situation, I might have struggled with the decision, but once I decided to do it, it would have been no problem stealing a bike.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dough: In episode 2F09, when Itchy plays Scratchy's skeleton like a xylophone, he strikes the same rib twice in succession, yet he produces two clearly different tones. I mean, what are we to believe, that this is some sort of a [the three nerds chuckle] magic xylophone or something? Boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

June: Uh, well, uh...

Homer: I'll field that one. Let me ask you a question. Why would a man whose shirt says "Genius at Work" spend all of his time watching a children's cartoon show?

Doug: [embarrassed pause] I withdraw my question. [starts eating a candy bar]

Eurotrash
09-11-2005, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dough: In episode 2F09, when Itchy plays Scratchy's skeleton like a xylophone, he strikes the same rib twice in succession, yet he produces two clearly different tones. I mean, what are we to believe, that this is some sort of a [the three nerds chuckle] magic xylophone or something? Boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

Homer: I'll field that one. Let me ask you a question. Why would a man whose shirt says "Genius at Work" spend all of his time watching a children's cartoon show?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol nice, I love that exchange.

jason_t
09-11-2005, 09:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice!

bwana devil
09-11-2005, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to consider listening to your recommendation until that came up.

I'll trust jason_t saying it's good.

[/ QUOTE ]

and not to mention the dreadful thing is in black and white. how can people be bothered? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif