PDA

View Full Version : Chris Shenkel dies

Toro
09-11-2005, 05:51 PM
You guys probably remember him for doing the PBA bowling broadcasts but I fondly remember him doing the New York Football Giants games back in the late fifties/early sixties when I fell in love with football.

sublime
09-11-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You guys probably remember him for doing the PBA bowling broadcasts but I fondly remember him doing the New York Football Giants games back in the late fifties/early sixties when I fell in love with football.

[/ QUOTE ]

in related news, my neighbor when i was 6 died last week.

Toro
09-11-2005, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry it's such a mundane post but it brought back memories and he really was a fine football announcer.

sublime
09-11-2005, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry it's such a mundane post but it brought back memories and he really was a fine football announcer.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, i was just joking that 95%+ of us will not know who he is /images/graemlins/grin.gif

IHateKeithSmart
09-11-2005, 06:52 PM
Adrian Karsten (ESPN sideline guy) also died this week of an apparent suicide. He was supposed to report to federal prison for tax fraud/evasion.

andyfox
09-11-2005, 07:11 PM
An affable boob of an announcer.

Phat Mack
09-12-2005, 03:31 AM
Sorry to hear it. I liked his Giants broadcasts as a kid, and his NCAA broadcasts with Bud Wilkenson. He was from an era before the announcers realized that they were the real stars.

MicroBob
09-12-2005, 04:06 AM
very classy guy. he was one of my all-time favorute announcers.

also did college football on ABC including the 1971 'game of the century' between Okla and Neb.

His bowling announcing was terrific (seriously)