PDA

View Full Version : Good Evening! Opponent RAISES the BULL on 4th...

SittingBull
04-29-2003, 03:26 PM
It's 3-way action on 4th Str. when the BULL's hand is
(10 A) 10 2 and LENNY is showing (X,X) Xc Xc --All live cards--Do not remember LENNY's ranks
OTHER PLAYER hand was perceived as not being a threat to the BULL's hand.
On 3rd,the BULL fired 6 from the get-go /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif and was up against OTHER PLAYER and LENNY on 4th. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
The BULL fires away 5 on 4th and LENNY comes over the top,making it 10 to go! /forums/images/icons/confused.gif OTHER PLAYER folds,and it's heads up --The BULL vs. LENNY
LENNY was playing quite loose this session,playing any pair,any 3-Str,,and 3-flush--even for a raise. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
However,he was NOT a reckless player. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif He needed some kind of a hand to continue to play on 3rd. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif
When he raised the BULL,I put him on one of the following hands:

(1) 4-flush
(2) 2 under-pairs
(3) set

Assuming that LENNY has one of the above hands,how should the BULL play 4th?? /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif
Pot size: about 25
Happy pokering, /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
SittingBull

patrick dicaprio
04-29-2003, 03:40 PM
it is tempting in this situation to think that the player is making a free card play. but at lower limits many players never make this play, so it is possible that he has two pair.

you obviously should not fold. you have two options. the first is to raise again so that if he has two pair he will not bet out if he is high, allowing you to take a free card if you want. i would make this paly against a tight or weak player for sure. against this player, who you describe as loose, i think the best play is to call and bet right out if he catches bad. if he raises again you might have to do some poker playing.

Pat

SittingBull
04-30-2003, 04:04 PM
I folded after he raised on 4th.
My opponent successfully bluff-raised me with a 4-flush. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif he showed me his cards.
However,I believe that my play was psychologically correct. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
My explanation for this play in this spot is in the "Psch Forum Section" titled"ALWAYS Play The Money Favorite..NOT ALWAYS". I was definitely a "money favorite" altough NOT the favorite to win the pot.

Happy pokering /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
Sitting Bull