PDA

View Full Version : One last hand

Homer
04-29-2003, 03:26 PM
Same game as other posts. I'm dealt 9 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif in the BB. Three players limp to me and I check my option.

Flop - 7 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif K /forums/images/icons/club.gif

I bet, three players call.

Turn - A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

I bet, loose and fairly passive player raises, I call.

River - 8 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

I bet, opponent calls.

Comments? Should I have reraised the turn? This opponent seemed unlikely to raise me without a flush as he was fairly passive plus I was running over the table at this point, so there was probably some intimidation going in. Should I have gone for a checkraise on the river? I feared it getting checked through and also wanted to be raised by a high spade so that I could three-bet.

Results below
Obviously my straight flush was good. My opponent had K7d for two-pair. So much for being intimidated! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

-- Homer

rtucker5
04-29-2003, 03:34 PM
I would have 3 bet the turn because he probably doesn't give you the flush because you bet the flop. If he 4 bets you have to call him down. Once you only call the turn raise you have to lead at the river because he will check any non-flush holding.

marbles
04-29-2003, 03:38 PM
Man, that's the one thing that makes me zany about those loose-passive players... When they wake up and bet/raise, all you know is that they THINK they have a great hand... That never guarantees they actually have a great hand.

I wouldn't reraise the turn either. Good bet on the river.