PDA

View Full Version : Airplane

jokerthief
09-11-2005, 05:02 PM
I just turned off this movie. Is this movie really this boring or is my ADD flaring up?

MrWookie47
09-11-2005, 05:03 PM
Must be the ADD, dude, because that movie kicks ass.

Cancer Merchant
09-11-2005, 05:04 PM
Do you like gladiator movies?

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-11-2005, 05:08 PM
Have you ever been to a Turkish prison?

IggyWH
09-11-2005, 05:10 PM
Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

09-11-2005, 05:17 PM
is that the movie where some dude is boring people to death with his sob story and they are resorting to suicide? Maybe I have my movies mixed up.

MrWookie47
09-11-2005, 05:17 PM
That's the one.

newfant
09-11-2005, 05:18 PM
Joey: I think you're the greatest, but my dad says you don't work hard enough on defense. And he says that lots of times, you don't even run down court. And that you don't really try... except during the playoffs.

Roger Murdock: The hell I don't. LISTEN KID. I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at UCLA. I'm out there busting my buns every night. Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes.

Dynasty
09-11-2005, 05:18 PM
I'm going to keep pointing out posters for Clarkmeister to put on ignore.

You're the latest.

Dynasty
09-11-2005, 05:21 PM
I can't count the # of times I've quoted this.

First Jive Dude: [censored] man, that honky mus' be messin' my old lady... got to be runnin' cold upside down his head. You know?

Second Jive Dude: Hey home, I can dig it. You know he ain't gonna lay no mo' big rap up on you man.

First Jive Dude: I say hey sky, s'other s'ay I wan say?

Second Jive Dude: UH...

First Jive Dude: Pray to J I get the same ol' same ol'.

Second Jive Dude: Eh. Yo knock yourself a pro slick, gray matter live performas down now take TCB'in man.

First Jive Dude: Hey, you know what they say... See a broad, to get that booty yak 'em.

First Jive Dude, Second Jive Dude: Leg 'er down 'n smack 'em yak 'em

First Jive Dude: Cold got to be. You know? Shiiiiit.

Cancer Merchant
09-11-2005, 05:22 PM
lame.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-11-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't count the # of times I've quoted this.

First Jive Dude: [censored] man, that honky mus' be messin' my old lady... got to be runnin' cold upside down his head. You know?

Second Jive Dude: Hey home, I can dig it. You know he ain't gonna lay no mo' big rap up on you man.

First Jive Dude: I say hey sky, s'other s'ay I wan say?

Second Jive Dude: UH...

First Jive Dude: Pray to J I get the same ol' same ol'.

Second Jive Dude: Eh. Yo knock yourself a pro slick, gray matter live performas down now take TCB'in man.

First Jive Dude: Hey, you know what they say... See a broad, to get that booty yak 'em.

First Jive Dude, Second Jive Dude: Leg 'er down 'n smack 'em yak 'em

First Jive Dude: Cold got to be. You know? Shiiiiit.

[/ QUOTE ]
Excuse me, ma'am. I speak Jive.

This is one of the best exchanges of all time.

jokerthief
09-11-2005, 05:36 PM
Judging by all the quotes this thread has generated, one needs to be old and lame to enjoy this movie.

Dynasty
09-11-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Judging by all the quotes this thread has generated, one needs to be old and lame to enjoy this movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah. You just need to be ignorant and lame to be unable to enjoy it.

MrTrik
09-11-2005, 05:42 PM
You just picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-11-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You just picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

[/ QUOTE ]
POTD

09-11-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Woman4 : Cut me som' slac' jak! Chump don wan no help, chump don git no help. Jive ass dude don got no brains anyhow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dynasty
09-11-2005, 05:52 PM
You've gotta give the whole thing.

Randy: Can I get you something?

Second Jive Dude: 'S'mofo butter layin' me to da' BONE!
Jackin' me up... tight me!

Randy: I'm sorry, I don't understand.

First Jive Dude: Cutty say 'e can't HANG!

Jive Lady: Oh stewardess! I speak jive.

Randy: Oh, good.

Jive Lady: He said that he's in great pain and he wants to know if you can help him.

Randy: All right. Would you tell him to just relax and I'll be back as soon as I can with some medicine?

Jive Lady: Jus' hang loose, blood. She gonna catch ya up on da' rebound on da' med side.

Second Jive Dude: What it is, big mama? My mama no raise no dummies. I dug her rap!

Jive Lady: Cut me some slack, Jack! Chump don' want no help, chump don't GET da' help!

First Jive Dude: Say 'e can't hang, say seven up!

Jive Lady: Jive ass dude don't got no brains anyhow! Hmmph!

jokerthief
09-11-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah. You just need to be ignorant and lame to be unable to enjoy it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see every joke coming from a mile away. I like comedy that catches me off guard. It's also too over the top, it tries to hard. Lame as hell. Please put me on ignore now Dynasty.

lem45216
09-11-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Rumack :You'd better tell the Captain we've got to land as soon
as possible, we've got to get them to the hospital. . .
Elaine : A hospital . . what is it?
Rumack : Its a big building with patients, but that's not
important right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love airplane.
I love Monty Python: Search For the Holy Grail and Spinal Tap slightly more, but Airplane is up there with the best of them.

jokerthief
09-11-2005, 06:24 PM
Since you love Spinal Tap, I think I'll give this flick another try.

Clarkmeister
09-12-2005, 11:20 PM

09-12-2005, 11:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just turned off this movie. Is this movie really this boring or is my ADD flaring up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

ThaSaltCracka
09-12-2005, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]you lost all credibilty. Any retort by you will equal an ignore list addition, which is equal to dying.

jokerthief
09-12-2005, 11:34 PM
Do your worst. My collar bone is killing me and I don't give two shits about anything right now. If I don't do something diffrent every five minutes to shift my attention, I might just kill someone. I need more vicodin!!!

Off to newgrounds.

09-12-2005, 11:37 PM
[Thinking to himself]
Ted Striker: I've got to concentrate...
[his thoughts echo]
Ted Striker: concentrate... concentrate... I've got to concentrate... concentrate... concentrate... Hello?... hello... hello... Echo... echo... echo... Pinch hitting for Pedro Borbon... Manny Mota... Mota... Mota...

ThaSaltCracka
09-12-2005, 11:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do your worst. My collar bone is killing me and I don't give two shits about anything right now. If I don't do something diffrent every five minutes to shift my attention, I might just kill someone. I need more vicodin!!!

Off to newgrounds.

[/ QUOTE ]ok, so clearly you are mentally unstable, that explains some things. You are given a second chance.

_2000Flushes
09-13-2005, 12:07 AM
A hospital? What is it?

-2kF

gunt
09-13-2005, 12:14 AM
surely you cant be serious

MD2020
09-13-2005, 12:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A hospital? What is it?

-2kF

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a big building with doctors, but that's not important.

09-13-2005, 12:45 AM
For obvious reasons, whenever I read these exchanges from Airplane I'm reminded of this gem from Naked Gun 2 1/2:

Frank: It's the same old story. Boy finds girl, boy loses girl, girl finds boy, boy forgets girl, boy remembers girl, girls dies in a tragic blimp accident over the Orange Bowl on New Year's Day.
Jane Spencer: Goodyear?
Frank: No, the worst.

Dominic
09-13-2005, 12:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Surely, you can't be serious.

ChipWrecked
09-13-2005, 01:14 AM
It's a good thing you don't know how much we hate your guts.

Blarg
09-13-2005, 01:17 AM
Have you ever been held down and kicked in the HEAD? With an IRON BOOT? No, of course not. That never happens. I'm sorry. I don't know why I brought it up.

TheBlueMonster
09-13-2005, 01:23 AM
I think it's your ADD. It's really funny.

GMan42
09-13-2005, 01:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost feel dirty being the first to put in the obvious reply to this one, so I'll ignore it and put something else instead.

Oever : Roger!
Murdock : Huh?
Tower : Re-quest Vector, over!
Oever : What?
Tower : 2-0-9er clear for vector 2-3-4.
Murdock : We have clearance Clarence.
Oever : Roger, Roger. What's our Vector Victor?
Tower : Tower's radio clearance, over!
Oever : That's Clarence Oever! Oever.
Tower : Roger.
Tower : Roger, over.
Oever : Huh?

KDawgCometh
09-13-2005, 01:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am serious, and don't call me shirley

Blarg
09-13-2005, 01:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rumack :You'd better tell the Captain we've got to land as soon
as possible, we've got to get them to the hospital. . .
Elaine : A hospital . . what is it?
Rumack : Its a big building with patients, but that's not
important right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love airplane.
I love Monty Python: Search For the Holy Grail and Spinal Tap slightly more, but Airplane is up there with the best of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Airplane started a whole style of comedy. It's definitely huge, and blew everybody's doors off when it first came out. It holds up very well, too, even though by now it has been imitated so many times that it doesn't seem as completely crazy and revolutionary and unexpected as when it was new. But it's still rock solid and great fun.

You know they were originally considering the lead to be Barry Manilow? Ugh.

touchfaith
09-13-2005, 01:29 AM
The red zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only, there is no stopping in the white zone.