PDA

View Full Version : Pennington sucks.

Punker
09-11-2005, 04:28 PM
end of thread.

lu_hawk
09-11-2005, 04:30 PM
yes he embarassed himself today. but in all fairness the jets strong point is supposed to be their defense and they embarassed themselves too.

brettbrettr
09-11-2005, 04:35 PM
Our D, sans David Barrett, wasn't really all that bad. Our offense missed way too many opportunites. Chad and Laverneus played really poorly.

Jack of Arcades
09-11-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yes he embarassed himself today. but in all fairness the jets strong point is supposed to be their defense and they embarassed themselves too.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what happens when you lose your best defensive player.

brettbrettr
09-11-2005, 06:53 PM
Ferg?

hoopsie44
09-12-2005, 10:29 AM
Same old deal with this team, this coach, and this organization. A month ago on this board I read the Law acquisition puts the Jets over the top, what an upgrade Fiedler is at back-up QB, blah, blah, blah. Bottom line Edwards doesn't have this team ready to play well early in the season. Come Oct. 1 they're always chasing the wild card spot. They have a short armed QB who is coming off major surgery.Every year Jet fans buy into the pre-season hype that they are a Super Bowl contender. Granted, it's one game. But this team looked so disorganized yesterday you wonder what they were doing the last 7 weeks preparing for this game. They couldn't even execute a goddamn shot gun snap from their All-Pro center.

McGahee
09-12-2005, 10:42 AM
I have to say I'm shocked they're not going to be 16-0...
I mean, according to every Jets fan I've ever spoken to, Paul Hackett was single-handily responsible for every game the Jets have lost for the last 8 years.

hoopsie44
09-12-2005, 10:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have to say I'm shocked they're not going to be 16-0...
I mean, according to every Jets fan I've ever spoken to, Paul Hackett was single-handily responsible for every game the Jets have lost for the last 8 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hackett was the convenient scapegoat for the Jet fans and Herman Edwards. Edwards blew that Steeler playoff game with his ultra conservative play calling.This a week after seeing Marty Schottenheimer do the same thing against the Jets.I wasn't crazy about Hackett's play calling but all the Jet problems didn't go away when he was fired, contrary to all the negative Hackett comments flowing from the Jet organization.

Jack of Arcades
09-12-2005, 11:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ferg?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yessir.

Jason Ferguson was the biggest reason the Jets schooled opposing running backs last year.

Jack of Arcades
09-12-2005, 11:16 AM
The funny thing was Heimeleimadingdong was even more conservative with the Titans than Hackett was.

lastsamurai
09-12-2005, 12:36 PM
This guy came off of shoulder surgery. For all you fantasy geeks to picked this sleeper up be ready for a LOOOONG season.

brettbrettr
09-12-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ferg?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yessir.

Jason Ferguson was the biggest reason the Jets schooled opposing running backs last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ferg was def valuable but there was no single reason we stopped the run last year. Whenever a team stops the run there's no single reason. If its an ILB its b/c the D-line lets him run free. If its a DT it because the other DT and DE's occupy guys too. Put Ferg on an O line minus J Abe, Ellis and Robertson--ie, when they can get a center and guard on him on every play. He doesn't stop the run by himself. No one does.

brettbrettr
09-12-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The funny thing was Heimeleimadingdong was even more conservative with the Titans than Hackett was.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to go with a straight "no" here.

brettbrettr
09-12-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bottom line Edwards doesn't have this team ready to play well early in the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was true until last year.

[ QUOTE ]
Come Oct. 1 they're always chasing the wild card spot

[/ QUOTE ]

So what? You beat the Pats.

[ QUOTE ]
They have a short armed QB who is coming off major surgery.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.

[ QUOTE ]
But this team looked so disorganized yesterday you wonder what they were doing the last 7 weeks preparing for this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

We had too many key players not pracitcing. QB should have ahd more time with the new O. Surgery diudn't help. Abraham's holdout. Law late into camp.

Truth be told I didn't expect to win in Kansas City anyways. That's one of the toughest places to play and when you have an unsettled O you're just going to have a hard time there. I owuld of course liked to have seen a better effort.

But you guys are getting carried away. It was only one game.
If this is the way you react to one bad game then I'm not sure why people aren't calling for Culpepper to be benched.

FishHooks
09-12-2005, 03:00 PM
I picked him has a back up, hopefully he'll come around...

Bill C
09-12-2005, 04:06 PM
Two years ago about now, the New England Patriots, on the heels of some heavy personnel changes, lost their opening game to Buffalo, 31-0. For the rest of the season, they only failed to cover in one other game, and won that thing at the end, the whatchamacallit... The Super Bowl.

Maybe it's a little early for draconian pronouncements.

bc

brettbrettr
09-12-2005, 04:10 PM
Thank you, Bill.

JayLear
09-12-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Two years ago about now, the New England Patriots, on the heels of some heavy personnel changes, lost their opening game to Buffalo, 31-0. For the rest of the season, they only failed to cover in one other game, and won that thing at the end, the whatchamacallit... The Super Bowl.

Maybe it's a little early for draconian pronouncements.

bc

[/ QUOTE ]
So what you're saying is that the Tennessee Titans are going to win it all this year?

brettbrettr
09-12-2005, 04:12 PM
He's just saying that one week does not a season make.

JayLear
09-12-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He's just saying that one week does not a season make.

[/ QUOTE ]
I hope not, because I'm a Bears fan. But I have a feeling in my case, that statement is wrong... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Jack of Arcades
09-12-2005, 08:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ferg?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yessir.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ferg was def valuable but there was no single reason we stopped the run last year. Whenever a team stops the run there's no single reason. If its an ILB its b/c the D-line lets him run free. If its a DT it because the other DT and DE's occupy guys too. Put Ferg on an O line minus J Abe, Ellis and Robertson--ie, when they can get a center and guard on him on every play. He doesn't stop the run by himself. No one does.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said there was a "single reason." I said there was a "biggest reason" and that was Jason Ferguson.

Or maybe he wasn't... but he played a huge role and he's gone, which shifts responsibilities to other people.

imported_CaseClosed326
09-12-2005, 09:48 PM
Don't worry, this may just be the deluted Bear fan inside me talking but...you remember dan marino's rookie season?