PDA

View Full Version : I have returned to other topics!

01-17-2002, 03:17 PM
SPM has sent me a few e-mails. I won't tell you what he has said in any of them. Just that he sent me a few. I have not replied to most of them. Why? Because...because.....because I am lazy. No that's not the whole reason. Because when the SPMnds you an e-mail you just don't reply. You must reply in kind. You must have the full power of your wits with you. I have only had half my wits lately. O.K. maybe longer than lately. But still even my half wit hasn't been fully there. So I haven't had even half the heart to reply to the master loqutionary SPM. But I will.

For about the same reasons I have not posted here on the other topics forum with my other beloved posting friends for some time. I have posted a few things on the mid limit forum but was told today perhaps there should be a diary forum for stuff like mine. The truth may hurt others. Not me of course. But in the interest of forum clutter I have decided to return to the other forum topics where all of my garbage posts must remain because after all th is is the place of the "OTHERS".

Included in my ramblings I will share with you my experience at the tables here in Vegas and elsewhere if I ever get there. For those of you that didn't want to read stuff like this I say to bad for you. This is other stuff that I feel like posting so tuff luck buddy.

Yesterday I played a Mirage $25 Limit Holdem Satelite. My strategy worked perfect. We got down to 4 players and I was ready to move. The blins were 50-100. I was in the BB with T275. Every one folded to the SB who raised. Me with K,Q reraised and he put me all in. He showed A,Q. I foolishly said "Your'e way ahead" The flop came K,,K,9. I foolishly said "You're way behind." The turn was a T and the river a J and I went to the O'rleans to play in the $20 limit Holdem tournament.

71 people entered. They paid 9 places. I finished 17. I had pocket Aces twice. Both times someone flopped a small set. The second time the set was all in before the flop and I played another player for the side pot. He made a straight on the river. But I accepted it like a man and only cried. The first time I tossed the cards rather sharply to the middle of the table. I was disgusted with myself for that and immediately thought of Tom Haleys recent remarks concerning my demeanor. Anyway I settled in and recovered a little. Then with the blinds at 150-300 and with T675 I picked up K,Q utg. I raised. A,9 in the BB called and I left for bed.

Well I am back posting here for better or worse. John Cole will just have to put up with my !!!'s. too bad for you John. At least I know that Mary loves me!

Vince

01-17-2002, 03:42 PM

01-17-2002, 04:20 PM
We gotta have more of you and a Poker News forum. I've enjoyed your posts for a long time and one day hope to shake the hand that shakes the Johnson....

01-17-2002, 05:23 PM
Vince,

Well kiss my grits, your back, but I will not shake your Johnson....

2+2 has been not up to par since your untimely disappearance. Some of the boys and girls have gotten a little out of hand on occasion. Now that you are back, I know that problem is solved.

z, has been ignoring me as of late, so when I write, I don't get chastised. A load off my mind.

Can't wait to see your next post, as always...

SPM,...play long and prosper...

01-17-2002, 07:09 PM
the place just has gone to hades since you have been gone, but even a half-wit vince is better than a full wit just about anyone else,,,,how about a reeeeeel story..one from the gut...gl

01-17-2002, 07:23 PM
with such a long post i see now you have been in cahoots with that spm character. between the two of you, my bill for the extra bandwith that you take up on this forum is enough to pay for a full remodel of my out house. please post less and save me some money i can use it for good purposes.

spm sends me email also and he has to even put in it, saying to read all the way to the bottom. just to show you how long it is.

besides without you and spm people would have more time to read my fishing posts. i hate competition.

01-17-2002, 07:25 PM
Vince,

I always enjoy reading your "daily diary" type----"everyman in LV" stories.

Abe

01-17-2002, 07:28 PM
Vince,

Looks like you are having fun in Vegas. Don't play the Mirage satellite. I think it is a ripoff for $25. Let's face it, the tournament is only $120.

Did you knock out any players at the Orleans to get some of those $5 chips back?

Good Luck

Mark

01-17-2002, 10:26 PM
Hey Vince,

I read you almost got into a fight with someone ten years younger and thirty pounds heavier. Now the ten years younger I can certainly believe, but you're streching the known limits of credulity when you claim someone could be thirty pounds heavier than the world's greatest mid-limit poker player.

John

01-18-2002, 03:01 PM
Although I knew you weren't RIGHT!!!!!!!!!

RCP