PDA

View Full Version : Week 1 FF Bitching/Bragging

mmbt0ne
09-11-2005, 03:55 PM
Can someone cover Steve Smith please? Maybe?

Also, the Steelers scoring like a hundred and Ward not catching a TD pass should be grounds for the death penalty. FUCOWHER.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-11-2005, 04:01 PM
How the [censored] did KC score 27 and Trent Green only got me 2 points?

Ogre
09-11-2005, 04:14 PM
I have trent green too /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Macdaddy Warsaw
09-11-2005, 04:15 PM
It's cause Priest Holmes got me 10 starting and Larry Johnson got me 17 on the bench.

Punker
09-11-2005, 04:27 PM
Seconded but at least I had Palmer on the bench racking up a zillion points. I'd also like to add that Pennington is really incredible sucky, and that suckiness infected his whole team (including Curtis Martin, who I also had). That game was a thorough kick in the balls to watch for me.

Edge34
09-11-2005, 04:28 PM
[censored] Daunte Culpepper. That is all.

Soul Daddy
09-11-2005, 04:34 PM
This Holmes/LJ saga is going to give me an ulcer. Is it wrong to root for injuries?

klagett
09-11-2005, 04:36 PM
yeah I started mcgahee/portis, and johnson got me 24 points on the bench the same as my starting rb's combined...

Should I start him for one of them next week? McGahee had a good game he just couldn't finish in the endzone.

Voltron87
09-11-2005, 04:36 PM
shockey just caught a td, how much is that worth? hes my TE.

Vince Young
09-11-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
shockey just caught a td, how much is that worth? hes my TE.

[/ QUOTE ]
6 I would imagine.

Cancer Merchant
09-11-2005, 04:52 PM
F U refs, for calling back two Wiggins TDs. My team still has 0 TDs with only my RBs left to go.

Russ McGinley
09-11-2005, 04:53 PM
My feature league is a mega-deep 18-teamer.

Taking out Warrick Dunn for Willie Parker makes me look like a genius. Of course I had to settle for Chad "Fumblitis" Pennington as my starting QB. SIX fumbles?? How is that even possible?

UncleRemus
09-11-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Also, the Steelers scoring like a hundred and Ward not catching a TD pass should be grounds for the death penalty. FUCOWHER.

[/ QUOTE ]

Already put out a contract.

Also:
How does Hass have such a good 1st half and such a bad second half?
How does Coles drop an EASY ~35 yard touchdown that would have been good for 12.5 points for me?
Good game, Plummer.

bugstud
09-11-2005, 05:07 PM
I need to start both KC rbs looks like. [censored].

2+2 wannabe
09-11-2005, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[censored] Daunte Culpepper. That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

mmbt0ne
09-11-2005, 06:08 PM
This is bullshit. Now McCardell is over 20 points also. I'm so [censored].

mblax10
09-11-2005, 06:28 PM
I'll join in the common themes of this thread, Larry Johnson & Keenan McCardell sitting the same bench for one of my teams while Andre Johnson, Mike Anderson & Donald Driver are in the lineup.

Punker
09-11-2005, 06:48 PM
A big thank you to all the FF web sites that indicated JJ Arrington to be a great RB pickup. Here's hoping he gets back to 1yd/carry average by the end of this game.

z32fanatic
09-11-2005, 07:07 PM
I just traded William Parker for Deion Branch and Thomas Jones in a standard league. The issue I'm facing is, I would need to drop someone to do this so who should I drop out of these players or should I tell him to not include Jones.

QB Brady
QB Roethlisberger
RB Tomlinson
RB Westbrook
RB L. Jordan
RB Stephen Davis
WR L. Coles
WR S. Moss
WR A. Lelie
WR Rod Smith
WR Braylon Edwards
WR D. Stallworth
TE Shockey
K Graham
DEF Washington

I think Branch and Jones for a guy i just picked up off waivers is a great trade. Who would you drop or would you just turn down Jones?

bugstud
09-11-2005, 07:08 PM
drop braylon no way you'll ever use him

KingCon
09-11-2005, 08:45 PM
Good News---I started WIllie Parker and Cadillac

Bad News--I alos started Culpepper and Mike Nugent

Worse News--I benched Jimmy Smith and played against Steve Smith and K McCardell

I hate Fantasy Football

CD56
09-11-2005, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This Holmes/LJ saga is going to give me an ulcer. Is it wrong to root for injuries?

[/ QUOTE ]

no

Matt Williams
09-11-2005, 08:57 PM
I'm happy. I have Buffalo's D which was 19 pts. Collins and Bulger combined for over 50 pts. Barber was good for 10 pts or so. Ended up w/ 125 pts w/ Clark yet to play(tonight) and David Akers playing tomorrow night.
BTW- My league has 2 starting QB's for those wondering.
Scored the most points in my league so far.

Drew16
09-11-2005, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stellastarr
09-11-2005, 09:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's cause Priest Holmes got me 10 starting and Larry Johnson got me 17 on the bench.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen.. Do we start them both now?

kerssens
09-11-2005, 10:00 PM
Jimmy Smith on the bench. Andre Johnson and JJ Arrington starting. I'm an idiot.

Jack of Arcades
09-11-2005, 10:06 PM
Domanick Davis + Curtis Martin? 7 points, good sir!

freehat
09-11-2005, 10:07 PM
I love Willie Parker

mmbt0ne
09-11-2005, 10:10 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

I started Eric Moulds and Hines Ward for a total of 6 points. Keyshawn sat on my bench and earned 18 points.

Jack of Arcades
09-11-2005, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I started Eric Moulds and Hines Ward for a total of 6 points. Keyshawn sat on my bench and earned 18 points.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still won thanks to Courtney Anderson.

ucfryan
09-11-2005, 11:59 PM
Niners win yey

2+2 wannabe
09-12-2005, 12:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Jimmy Smith on the bench. Andre Johnson and JJ Arrington starting. I'm an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

jimmy smith NOT sitting

him and jax defense are the only reason i have a chance this week

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-12-2005, 12:03 AM
I need Alge Crumpler to catch 5 TDs tomorrow night.

2+2 wannabe
09-12-2005, 12:06 AM
i need warrick dunn to tear apart philly's d, and t.o. to play like a hack

bugstud
09-12-2005, 12:08 AM
I need westbrook under 16 points, which means some yardage and no tds.

mmbt0ne
09-12-2005, 12:17 AM
I need Crumpler, Duckett, and Westbrook to combine for 53 points.

The saddest part is, I think I'll end up with the 2nd highest total points in the league this week. No worse than 3rd. And I still won't get within a dozen points of this guy.

QB P. Manning (Ind - QB) 20
WR S. Smith (Car - WR) 19
WR T. Houshmandzadeh (Cin - WR) 7
RB C. Williams (TB - RB) 20
RB L. Johnson (KC - RB) 24
TE B. Watson (NE - TE) 5
W/R K. McCardell (SD - WR) 24
K S. Graham (Cin - K) 9
DEF New England (NE - DEF) 4

Total - 132

kerssens
09-12-2005, 12:20 AM
I need Vick to have less than 200 yds and 1 TD, or less than 300 yds and 0 td.

Punker
09-12-2005, 12:26 AM
I need Crumpler to score at least 1, and for the Atlanta kicker to boot a few. Wouldn't hurt if Atlanta could score enough to push Philly defence into negative numbers, and if TO were to die.

vulturesrow
09-12-2005, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I need Vick to have less than 200 yds and 1 TD, or less than 300 yds and 0 td.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kerssens,

sounds like you and I had similar days. I also had Jimmy Smith on the bench. I am currently leading my game by 20 but the guy I am playing has Vick and Crumpler. /images/graemlins/frown.gif Hopefully they dont go off tomorrow night.

pryor15
09-12-2005, 03:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is bullshit. Now McCardell is over 20 points also. I'm so [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

looks like my much maligned RB tandem of C. Williams and LJ didn't do so bad after all. i'd be surprised if the chiefs don't give him at least 10-15 touches a game this year.

could be worse. i had to sit Gates.

eh, it's not so bad, it's just variance. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Hal 2000
09-12-2005, 04:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I need Crumpler, Duckett, and Westbrook to combine for 53 points.

The saddest part is, I think I'll end up with the 2nd highest total points in the league this week. No worse than 3rd. And I still won't get within a dozen points of this guy.

QB P. Manning (Ind - QB) 20
WR S. Smith (Car - WR) 19
WR T. Houshmandzadeh (Cin - WR) 7
RB C. Williams (TB - RB) 20
RB L. Johnson (KC - RB) 24
TE B. Watson (NE - TE) 5
W/R K. McCardell (SD - WR) 24
K S. Graham (Cin - K) 9
DEF New England (NE - DEF) 4

Total - 132

[/ QUOTE ]

Who the f**k is on your opponent's team???

mmbt0ne
09-12-2005, 08:37 AM
/images/graemlins/confused.gif

The people I listed.

wjmooner
09-12-2005, 10:50 AM
Mike Anderson is not a steal when he gets hurt in the first quarter.

Javon Walker is not a top five receiver when he tears his ACL.

-WJ

BottlesOf
09-12-2005, 11:25 AM
My bench blew up in the 2+2 league and my starters sucked.

Baltimore D, thanks a lot.

Roy Williams, you suck, play football better.

Brett Favre, wtf 2 POINTS&lt; 2 POINTS!???????????????

JayLear
09-12-2005, 11:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just traded William Parker for Deion Branch and Thomas Jones in a standard league. The issue I'm facing is, I would need to drop someone to do this so who should I drop out of these players or should I tell him to not include Jones.

QB Brady
QB Roethlisberger
RB Tomlinson
RB Westbrook
RB L. Jordan
RB Stephen Davis
WR L. Coles
WR S. Moss
WR A. Lelie
WR Rod Smith
WR Braylon Edwards
WR D. Stallworth
TE Shockey
K Graham
DEF Washington

I think Branch and Jones for a guy i just picked up off waivers is a great trade. Who would you drop or would you just turn down Jones?

[/ QUOTE ]
Drop Stallworth. Hopefully you'll never find yourself in a situation where you'd consider playing him anyway.

BottlesOf
09-12-2005, 11:29 AM
I rock for drafting Willie Parker in the last round.

JayLear
09-12-2005, 11:40 AM
QB: Favre (waits until I draft him to get old...how nice)
RB: Tomlinson (a TD...ok, great, but come on!)
RB: R. Brown (I hate Sammy Morris for reasons to plentiful to explain here)
WR: Javon Walker (NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! And they take away the catch to boot?!?)
WR: Andre Johnson (coming into his own...puke)
TE: Gates..whoops, Cooley (and they take away his TD)

One week and it's back to the drawing board.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-12-2005, 11:45 AM
Anyone who didn't know Favre is old isn't paying attention and is getting what they deserved.

JayLear
09-12-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who didn't know Favre is old isn't paying attention and is getting what they deserved.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was paying attention to his 30 TD passes last year.

CCass
09-12-2005, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can someone cover Steve Smith please? Maybe?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just defend Steve Smith once or twice!!! And I still would have won if I had started W. Parker instead of M. Anderson.

vulturesrow
09-12-2005, 12:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention the fact that he lost 2 of the best O-linemen in the game.

UncleRemus
09-12-2005, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I need westbrook under 16 points, which means some yardage and no tds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mind if he gets no TD's, as long as he gets 121 AP yards, 6 catches, and doesn't fumble.

vulturesrow
09-12-2005, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I rock for picking him up off waivers. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-12-2005, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I forgot to mention this. He's returning to his early career form and it's not unlikely that he'll throw more picks this year than TDs.

JayLear
09-12-2005, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I forgot to mention this. He's returning to his early career form and it's not unlikely that he'll throw more picks this year than TDs.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're basing this on what? The Packers have shuffled receivers, o-linemen, and backs in and out of that offense for years. Did he have a press conference that I missed letting everybody know he'd be returning to his "early career form?

thatpfunk
09-12-2005, 12:33 PM
Carson Palmer... All I have seen are highlights and his stats. For anyone that watched that game, how good did he look?

(this is just a question as a fan, not a FF owner)

vulturesrow
09-12-2005, 01:15 PM
If I remember correctly, that O-line was the same for a several years, and had some top notch linemen in it. Losing two of them, one of whom is regarded as one of the top guards in the league, is not going to help the production of a guy who already has tendency to throw picks already. I also saw an article somewhere saying basically the Packers were going to run a lot more short passing plays in an effort to keep Favre healthy. Sorry but this wasnt the year to pick up Favre, at least not as your 1 or 2 QB.

JayLear
09-12-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I remember correctly, that O-line was the same for a several years, and had some top notch linemen in it. Losing two of them, one of whom is regarded as one of the top guards in the league, is not going to help the production of a guy who already has tendency to throw picks already. I also saw an article somewhere saying basically the Packers were going to run a lot more short passing plays in an effort to keep Favre healthy. Sorry but this wasnt the year to pick up Favre, at least not as your 1 or 2 QB.

[/ QUOTE ]
This would have carried a bit more weight had you said it on any number of the threads that were posted prior to week one. It's pretty easy to sound smart when you say it after yesterday's game.

We'll see. I hope you're wrong, even though I hate the Packers.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-12-2005, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Not to mention the fact that the last year or two, there has been more and more focus on running. If the announcers weren't talking about Favre's thumb, his parents dying, or how they'd like to suck his dick, they were talking about how the team is becoming more of a running team than in the past and that it's not as Favre-centric.

pokerdirty
09-12-2005, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Carson Palmer... All I have seen are highlights and his stats. For anyone that watched that game, how good did he look?

(this is just a question as a fan, not a FF owner)

[/ QUOTE ]

a bungles fan? do these exist?

vulturesrow
09-12-2005, 01:44 PM
IM not really concerned with whether it carries weight or not. Its either true or it isnt and based on 1 game sample size, so far it is. And Im not saying anything off the wall here, many sites I visit have variations on this theme. FWIW I wouldve picked Favre up if he had stuck around to later rounds in my draft.

lacticacid
09-12-2005, 03:00 PM
I was offered a trade of:

J. Lewis &amp; J. Shockey for L. Johnson and A. Gates

I declined and countered:

L. Johnson and L. Coles for J. Lewis and T. Owens.

Probably not a fair trade for him, but the only person on his team I really want is TO. What may be a better trade, assuming he wants L. Johnson and to get rid of J. Lewis. In case he declines.

His WR/RB are:
C. Martin
J. Lewis
B. Westbrook
T. Owens
H. Ward
B. Stockley
M. Pittman
R. Williams
P. Buress

My WE/RB are:
M. Anderson (DEN - RB)
T. Barber (NYG - RB)
M. Clayton (TB - WR)
L. Coles (NYJ - WR)
D. Davis (HOU - RB)
J. Horn (NO - WR)
D. Jackson (SEA - WR)
L. Johnson (KC - RB)
A. Lelie (DEN - WR)
W. McGahee (BUF - RB)
C. Williams (TB - RB)

Thanks.

bosoxfan
09-12-2005, 03:51 PM
[censored] Walker. I love losing one of my starters for the year in the first week.

09-12-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto here, and I drafted Bettis as well. Started Parker and Dillon. Benched Fred Taylor and Ahman Green. I rule.

vulturesrow
09-12-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto here, and I drafted Bettis as well. Started Parker and Dillon. Benched Fred Taylor and Ahman Green. I rule.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were you Id seriously consider trading Ahman Green before people realize what a weak year he is going to have.

09-12-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were you Id seriously consider trading Ahman Green before people realize what a weak year he is going to have.

[/ QUOTE ]
Been workin' on it. Most people in my league are pretty savvy. /images/graemlins/frown.gif I do want to see how GB does the next 2-3 weeks before I do anything TOO rash...

vulturesrow
09-13-2005, 01:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Kerssens,

sounds like you and I had similar days. I also had Jimmy Smith on the bench. I am currently leading my game by 20 but the guy I am playing has Vick and Crumpler. /images/graemlins/frown.gif Hopefully they dont go off tomorrow night.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lost by one effing point. If I had played jimmy smith or my other QB I wouldve won.....aargh. Whats even worse is that I had the second highest total points for the week lol.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-13-2005, 01:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I need Alge Crumpler to catch 5 TDs tomorrow night.

[/ QUOTE ]
This did not happen.