PDA

View Full Version : joeriver--Luckiest man on Earth?

LondonBroil
04-29-2003, 03:00 PM
I was bored last night so I decided to watch a little 20-40 at Paradise. When I opened up the table there was joeriver going all-in on a hand. I don't know how much he started with but he ended up winning his all-in hand and had around $640.

From the next hand on, this guy saw at least 75-80% of the flops, even if there was a raise in front of him. At showdowns, his hands hardly qualified as good starting hands. I saw him limp in with 57s, 10Jo (UTG), 22 EP after a raiser, and various other trash hands. The wierd thing is that he ALWAYS seemed to pull his cards. I saw him pull the nut straight time and time again with his 57, 64, 23, etc.

After about 30 minutes he had gone from ~$600 to over $3300 and was putting a few people at the table on tilt.

Just thought I'd warn you to NOT PLAY WITH THIS GUY! He very well may be the luckiest man on earth. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Hung
04-29-2003, 04:06 PM
Watch out for em_nga at UB.
He's a friend from Belgium. I told him to give UB a try. I openened an account for him. I maled UB and asked them to transfer $50 to his account so he could get started. He's one of the weakest players I have ever met. He has 0 experience when it comes to limit poker. He plays at my homegame every Friday and he's a consistent loser. I like the guy, but still, he's a loser.
He got $50 and started playing sit & go for $5. He won a few. Moved up to the $10 sit&go"s and won again. Now he had more then $100. He played a $20 multitable tournament. Limit hold'em. He has never played the game before. He does not even know what pot odds mean. He won the tournament and got $600 !!! Can't believe it. Then he played a NL tournament about 120 players and got 3rd. Won $300 something. Isn't this guy lukcy or what? He starts playing big games and big tournaments and loses a few hundreds. This week-end he tried the $5-$10 limit hold'em and won $500. He had more then $1000 now!! I couldn't believe it. I asked him to mail UB to withdraw the money. He did. Because we both know he's a gambler and he'll lose it all. So yesterday he mailed UB. And he asked them to put $500 on my account so I could witdraw a bigger amount. (cheaper for us, only one cheque to cash out) But by the time that UB could transfer the money he had lost it all...
He lost $1000 in one or two hours...
No need to say he hardly slept last night.

RiverMel
04-29-2003, 04:16 PM
Thanks..your story actually makes me feel better about how terribly I've been doing lately.

J.R.
04-29-2003, 04:54 PM
Sounds like a great opponent. Isn't joeriver's recent run the reason why you keep a bankroll adequate for the level you are playing, because the money follows the +EV plays in the long run?