PDA

View Full Version : UB 5/10, huge pot - What do we have?

Homer
04-29-2003, 02:48 PM
I'm dealt TT on the button. Loose EP limps, CO raises, I three-bet, BB caps, CO folds and the rest call. Four to the flop with 14 sb's in the pot.

Flop - 9s Td 8c

BB checks (hmm..), EP bets, I raise, BB three-bets, EP coldcalls, I cap and both call. 13 bb's in the pot.

Turn - 8s

BB bets, EP folds, I raise, BB three-bets and I cap. 21 bb's in the pot.

River - Qc

BB bets, I raise, BB three-bets and I call. Total pot size is 27 BB's.

What did we have and did we play the hand well?

-- Homer

J.R.
04-29-2003, 03:06 PM
You had TT, BB had a big pair (hopefully not QQ). Cutoff tried to isolation raise in the wrong hand. EP had a small piece of the flop and a backdoor draw.

BB's check-raise on the flop screams over-pair. On the turn BB says he has two pair with a big overpair. BB either overplayed AA on the river (and arguably on the turn as well) or got lucky with a QQ the BB overplayed up to the river. You played fine, although I could see capping the river as well.

I doubt BB had a hand like QJs or JTs because his cap pre-flop is more likely to drive people out than build a big pot, and BB is also left out of position with a drawing hand.

CrackerZack
04-29-2003, 04:47 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you had TT on the button. With that action I'd think the BB had to have 99 or 88 and hopefully for you, 99. QQ is reasonable too but I think he leads at the flop with that.

CrackerZack
04-29-2003, 04:48 PM
Actually QQ would be overplayed on the turn so I'm going back to 99 or 88.

Bob T.
04-29-2003, 06:46 PM
Well, I would have put in one last bet on the river. If I got beat by either pocket 88s, or Queens, I could live with it, but I think that I am still ahead, and since it is online, he can't 5 bet me. I hope that the BB has AA, and is way overplaying it.

Ulysses
04-29-2003, 07:21 PM
What did we have and did we play the hand well?

You had TT and played well until the end where you should have tossed in one last raise. Sure, he might have QQ, but there are many more ways to have KK or AA and it's easy to overplay them.

BB had AA and played well until his river 3-bet.

EP had KJo or AJo and played OK.

Homer
04-29-2003, 08:58 PM
Despite knowing that I was only beaten by 88 and QQ and that my four-bet could not be re-raised, I only called the three-bet with TT. My opponent showed 99.

Good guesses everyone...

-- Homer

Tyler Durden
04-29-2003, 10:51 PM
I'm going to guess you had pocket tens for tens full. Only hand that makes sense.

Has this joke been made already?

Homer
04-30-2003, 09:37 AM
What joke? I don't get it.

-- Homer

Tyler Durden
04-30-2003, 10:51 AM
Well in your original post you state that you have pocket tens. But then you ask to be put on a hand.

Homer
04-30-2003, 12:08 PM
God damn it! That was an accident, which I guess makes it all the more funny. I was wondering why everyone was able to put me on that so easily. I'm an idiot.

-- Homer