PDA

View Full Version : Online Railbird Beggars

Roy Munson
09-11-2005, 12:57 PM
Does anyone give these lowlifes money? The funny part is that they ask for incredibly small amounts.

Are they so broke that they can't deposit any money or are they just running a scam?

Sponger15SB
09-11-2005, 01:02 PM
I once gave a guy like 90 cents on UB because he claimed he was short on buying into the $1-2 A-5 TD game. He said he was going to join and then just dump it back to me.

He never showed /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Bradyams
09-11-2005, 01:03 PM
I love messing with their heads.

They are usually underage, and just want a couple dollars to play the penny tables or a $5 sit and go.

Go Blue
09-11-2005, 01:32 PM
What I don't understand is people at pokerstars tournies asking for $5 or something like that. Doesn't one need to have the buyin for that tourney in his account in order to chat as an observer? If so, why would they be asking for $5? Just to be funny?

Scotty O
09-11-2005, 02:04 PM
Kind of funny, min transfer is $1

[ QUOTE ]
I once gave a guy like 90 cents on UB because he claimed he was short on buying into the $1-2 A-5 TD game. He said he was going to join and then just dump it back to me.

He never showed /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

theben
09-11-2005, 02:14 PM
no scam. just kids who cant deposit

theben
09-11-2005, 02:15 PM
how? i can only xfer 1$ or more

Sponger15SB
09-11-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Kind of funny, min transfer is $1

[/ QUOTE ]

oops, yeah I guess it was $1 then?.

Its not like I'd make this up or something. Maybe it was that he was 90 cents short and I had to transfer him $1 for it to go through?

Brainwalter
09-11-2005, 04:21 PM
Give them a break, most of these are just folks that got munsoned.

theben
09-11-2005, 04:33 PM
got munsoned? what is that

MicroBob
09-11-2005, 04:45 PM
i don't know about UB.....but on Stars you can transfer $0.01.

There was a guy on here asking to be 'staked' for some Stars tourney and I transfered $0.01 to him I believe.

When he only got 2 or 3 other 2+2'ers to join in her decided that he didn't generate enough interest and thus, wasn't going to make it.
A couple days later he actually transferred my $0.01 back to me.

Other than that guy...I have certainly never given any money to online-beggars before. But if they came to my table asking for a penny I might consider doing it.

KneeCo
09-12-2005, 01:55 AM
I hit the high hand jackpot on party last weekend (not a big amount, just over 2k, nothing like the bad beat jp). I guess because the dealer announces it to all tables or something, but I got attacked from all sides by people asking for a handout, it was kind of annoying. Didn't give any to anyone and logged out.

Python49
09-12-2005, 05:41 AM
coincidently.. i just gave out a donation today for good karma. was at the final table of an MTT and told a guy if he could bring me enough luck to win i'd give him $50. I figured if i won id be happy enough to just have won, so when i did i transferred him $50.

lefty rosen
09-12-2005, 05:54 AM
Play live the begging is worse. Especially if the players know your at least a bust even, marginally winning player. Or better yet bet at the track and hit for triactor, every degenerate cockroach wants anywhere from 2 bucks to splitting tickets to cockamamy pools where all the money is yours but their is 50/50 split........... /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

theben
09-12-2005, 07:03 AM
lol, dont do that. all that teaches him to do is mooch more and it might work once in a while. its like poker welfare, why do you think so many in the country sit around and do nothing, rob liquor stores, mug people, drive by, etc

OrcaDK
09-12-2005, 07:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You've missed a great movie.

Phill S
09-12-2005, 09:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
lol, dont do that. all that teaches him to do is mooch more and it might work once in a while. its like poker welfare, why do you think so many in the country sit around and do nothing, rob liquor stores, mug people, drive by, etc

[/ QUOTE ]

Because morons like you dont understand why black people commit more crime in american and why they have no jobs.

Phill

jman220
09-12-2005, 09:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because morons like you dont understand why black people commit more crime in american and why they have no jobs.

Phill

[/ QUOTE ]

These are two separate issues. I agree with you (although not the tone you took). But you still shouldn't give to the online poker beggars, these aren't people begging to go buy themselves food, they're begging for gambling money. If you want good karma, take that $50 and give it to the red cross or something.

RollaJ
09-12-2005, 09:48 AM
Never Give Them Money! It just keeps them coming back.

Always pretend you will give them money, just to waste their time. This will discourage them from begging

Toro
09-12-2005, 09:56 AM
I love the beggars. They amuse me. I love it when one of the players jerks them around. Kind of sadistic but it's harmless fun and they put themselves in that position.

otter
09-12-2005, 10:25 AM
x

Phill S
09-12-2005, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Phill

[/ QUOTE ]

These are two separate issues. I agree with you (although not the tone you took). But you still shouldn't give to the online poker beggars, these aren't people begging to go buy themselves food, they're begging for gambling money. If you want good karma, take that $50 and give it to the red cross or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you btw. That wasnt the point i was trying to make.

I wouldnt give someone begging on a poker site money. If they can afford to have the internet why do they need my money?

Phill

trainslayer
09-12-2005, 06:27 PM
I looked up a buddy on stars one time and, try as I might, I couldn't get his attention. He either had chat turned off or was otherwise distracted and didn't notice my chat. Finally I just typed in "can you loan me 20 cents." I think it actually put a couple the other players on tilt. They were ranting about that being why I was there. It was hilarious.

Bobby Cannoli
09-12-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Phill

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said anything about race?

Moron

theben
09-12-2005, 07:24 PM
lol. you asked for too much!

Quicksilvre
09-12-2005, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Who said anything about race?

Moron

[/ QUOTE ]

AAmaz0n
09-12-2005, 07:39 PM
I can't imagine anyone giving them money for nothing in return. If I was going to ask for money from other players, I'd at least offer to "chat dirty" with them. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Shauna

znup
09-12-2005, 08:09 PM
How much does that run.

Just curious....

memphis57
09-12-2005, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.urbandictionary.com/

def of munsoned:

[ QUOTE ]

1. munsoned link send redefine 15 up, 1 down

to have the whole world in the palm of ur hand and then piss it all awayman he really munsoned that one
Source: Alex Leighton, Jun 2, 2003
2. Munsoned link send redefine 9 up, 1 down

Figure of speech. Incapable. Damned. Helpless 'up Creek without a paddle'Being on 'a Gravy train with Biscuit Wheels', and falling off

Having your monthly record shattered by some punk

Not having the balls to tell your old folks you didn't have what it takes to make the big tour
Source: aka the Trevors, May 11, 2004
3. munsoned link send redefine 2 up, 1 down

To be violently attacked in the wilderness, up the creek with no paddle, to have sugar put in your gasoline, etc."I hope he's not out in the woods by himself he might get munsoned".

'See the movie 'Kingpin'.
Source: Anon, Apr 29, 2003
4. Munsoned link send redefine 2 up, 7 down

When you come into contact with a really annoying person. Usually someone with a high opinion of themself.

Named after a really annoying guy with the name of Munson.I just got munsoned by this guy at the bar.
Source: Fred Quimby, Jan 19, 2005

[/ QUOTE ]

webmonarch
09-13-2005, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldnt give someone begging on a poker site money. If they can afford to have the internet why do they need my money?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. While we're on the subject, the same thing applies offline. Don't give street people money, EVER.

If you want to help, most major cities have small cards that list resources for street people to find food, clothing, and career help. They are usuaully available from the city's Chamber of Commerce or similar.

I used to pass those out. You would be absolutely amazed at how many of the beggars scoffed at the idea of seeking help. In attempting to do it for about 3 months I had 90% of the people outright decline it, and about one who took anything more than a cursory glance. Very interesting.

Army Eye
09-13-2005, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Give them a break, most of these are just folks that got munsoned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, even though Kingpin's one of my favorite movies, I never thought to use munsoned to describe a poker player who went bust.. it's perfect though.