PDA

View Full Version : Misplayed or Bad Beat (I think I know the answer!)

Tommy The Tuna
04-29-2003, 01:31 PM
Dealt A /forums/images/icons/heart.gif J /forums/images/icons/heart.gif in MP. All fold to me and I call (probably the biggest mistake). SB limps and BB checks. Flop comes 10 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif SB checks, BB bets, I call, SB folds. I have 2 over cards and a nut flush draw, but I don't usually put the BB on a big hand when they check the flop, so I wanna keep him inthe game and i just call. Turn comes J /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif BB bets and I call. I know, prime opportunity for a raise, but I feel at this point he has the confidence to stay in based on his post flop hand, and now has no idea that I just got help on the turn. River comes 8 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif I missed the nut flush, but still feel good with my top pair with A kicker. He checks. A-ha! I got him. Didn't make his gut shot straight perhaps. I bet. He calls. Calls - ok now i know I've got him. He flips over J /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 2 pair. I lose! Suppose I shoulda played it more aggressive early?

Homer
04-29-2003, 01:34 PM
I think you know the answer.

Joe Tall
04-29-2003, 01:47 PM
First to act with AJs in MP or later...raise. Two of your suit on the flop RIP-IT up value bet. Top pair - top kicker on the turn...raise - now if you get reraised here, you can be sure the BB has the JT (one of my favorite nomanclatures to play) and then just call looking for your 12-outer on the river. I know the turn reraise would be aggressive but given the situation I do it everytime!!

'...just love the action' - RIP-IT UP THEN!!