PDA

View Full Version : Playing in a Kill game

peak_007
04-29-2003, 01:05 PM
I've found myself playing in a kill game more frequently. The kill button comes into play when the pot reaches 15 big blinds, and the kill posts 1.5 times the big blind. I notice that winners of large pots tend to loosen up tremendously. Sometimes it appears to the table that the kill players is simply playing the "rush" yet you often see 2-3 pots taken down in a row by the same player.

How do people vary play when playing with the kill button? If raised you are putting in another 1 bet to see a flop for a pot which will have 7 bets if there are two other callers. Given 7-1 odds on matching the raise from the kill it seems like this is a good call with a lot of hands. I also notice that the kill button tends to do a lot of loose raising.....sort of to defend the kill button and maximize the chance of taking down a couple of pots in a row.

My question:

1) How do you play differently as the kill?
2) How do you play differently when someone else is on the kill button?

Regards,
Peak

DaBartman
04-30-2003, 11:37 AM
I played a half-kill such as you described a few months ago in Nevada. I haven't much experience in these games, but will share what worked for me.

1. When I am the kill and a normal blind is also out I loosen up with my calls just slightly, adjusting from where the raise came from.
2. If no one has opened and I'm the kill, I'll almost always raise. This assumes the other players are semi-rational.
3. If I'm not the kill and I'm first in, I loosen up a bit. I'll reach a little deeper to raise as I want the blinds.
4. I limp less. More inclined to raise or fold.

Bart