PDA

View Full Version : Is this ok?

09-11-2005, 11:51 AM
10+1 on Party, level two, 8 players left, I have 665, villian, who is on button is the chip leader with 2k+. I get delt AKo in MP with one EP limper. I min raise to 60, 4 callers, co, button (villian) and BB and EP. 250ish in the pot

Flop is <font color="blue">A J 3 diamonds</font>
I bet 50, Villian makes it 100, folds to me, I make it 200 he calls. turn is the brick of bricks and i push....

I decided I wasnt going to give anyone at the table credit for the flush, was that right? What hands would you put the villian on? Is it ok to think he would do min raise a weak bet with AQ AT JK JQ or a one card draw.

Karak567
09-11-2005, 11:57 AM
Your first mistake was min-raising and this was made very obvious to the amount of people who called you. Min-raising preflop, please take no offense, is just pretty stupid MOST of the time. You need to adapt a raising strategy of a base of 3x-4x BB and add 1x BB for every limper in ahead of you.

This will change the entire structure of the hand and assuming that I am heads up or against two opponents on that same flop? I am probably going to the felt with it. But I honestly don't know for sure because I don't know how the hand would have played out.

The min-raise preflop is where you killed yourself with this one.

09-11-2005, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
]

[/ QUOTE ]

09-11-2005, 12:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

You may really want action with this hand, I don't blame you, AK is a strong hand. However you do not want too much action (for instance 4 players seeing the flop). You really should thin the field with a decent sized raise preflop. You will probably still get a caller or 2.

I raise to 100 preflop, bet the flop, and am willing to get all my chips in most of the time. Although one of the players probably have a flush draw, you will still win 2/3 of the time. There is the odd chance that someone flopped a flush, and if so, tough break. It happens. But not often enough for you to fear it (especially on party with small stacks).