PDA

View Full Version : AA - what do I do 25PL

Swedebubba
09-11-2005, 11:42 AM
Ok here are two AA hands that came up recently that I think are kind of interesting. Keep in mind this is Pot limit so preflop raises aren't as big as NL so once in awhile you get more callers then you like.

Hand 1: Party Poker (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>. Hero bets 1.60 and gets 4 callers

Flop: 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero bets 4, Villian 1 bets 20.20 Villian 2 calls 11.35 (All-In), BB folds, UTG+2 folds, Hero folds.

Turn: 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot:

Ok in PL it gets dangerous b/c you can't always push people out preflop and so I get 4 callers - not good.

Flop comes down with possible st8 and a flush draw so I bet ~3/4 pot $4. Villian 1 immediately goes all in (semi loose player, thus far has been fairly solid), Villian 2 immediately calls his stack off (typical calling station).

At this point I feel I am way behind and fold. Thoughts?

Hand 2:Party Poker (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>. Villian raise .50, 2 Calls, Hero raises 2.35, Villian calls.

Flop: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP3 folds. Hero bets 5, Villain calls

Turn: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks. Villian bets 5, Hero Calls

River: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks. Villian bets 2, Hero calls

Final Pot:

Ok this hand was very strange. Villain is a typical tighty 20/4/1.

I get him heads up on the flop. Not too bad of a flop. The turn was the worst card to hit. Now if he called with the K he made trips or now has the flush. I check like a wuss and he fires $5. I think I got reasonable outs and just maybe he has QQ and took my check as weak. The river leaves me slightly confused. He bets $2 in a pot over $25. Very strange.

xcrack999
09-11-2005, 12:57 PM
Hand 1: You raised to 6BBs and still got 4 callers? That must be one hell of a game. I thinking I'm folding this. You're getting 2 to 1 on your call, but you have to give villain 1 credit for at least a monster draw. So you're way behind some of the time and coinflipping the others, and who knows what kind of crazy hand villain 2 has that might already be beating you. If I had the A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, I might call.

Hand 2: I would lead out on the river. If villain really is a rock, he would probably check behind a lot of lower pocket pairs that he might call a bet with.

djoyce003
09-11-2005, 01:03 PM
In PL I go for the limp reraise with aces almost every time. I like the fold as well.

In hand 2 - No idea on this one. stack sizes would be nice. If villains stack isn't much more than the $2 I probably push. I doubt very seriously he has the last king in the deck. He probably has a flush but he might call a push from you. As long as his stack or my stack is $10 or less I go ahead and push the river. IF he has the case king, oh well, i'll reload. I think he'll call with any pair here, and possibly with a flush.

Swedebubba
09-11-2005, 01:40 PM
I like the limp reraise too but the game was so passive I would be taking a big risk on in not getting raised at all and then I'm in big trouble.

Malachii
09-11-2005, 02:48 PM
Hand 1 is meh. I would actually call here. If Villain 2 had a full stack you could fold for sure, but Villain 1 could be pushing with anything and Villain 2 could be calling with a draw or a smaller overpair like 88-JJ. Given that he has a short stack, there's a higher probability that he's a donk. Getting 2:1, I call.

Hand 2 is weird, but you have to call on the end for sure.

Swedebubba
09-11-2005, 07:13 PM
Hand 1 Results
Party Poker (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>.

Flop: 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, villian 2 calls 11.35 (All-In), BB folds, UTG+2 folds, Hero folds.

Turn: 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot:

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
CO has Jc Jh (one pair, jacks).
villian 2 has 9d 9s (one pair, nines).
Outcome: villian 2 wins . </font>

Ok hand converter is messed up but villian 1 won with a pair of Jacks. I don't like to be results orientated but I think I made the right move given the action and the flop.

Hand 2 Results
Party Poker (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>.

Flop: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP3 folds.

Turn: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks.

River: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks.

Final Pot:

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ah Ad (full house, kings full of aces).
villian has Kh Qd (four of a kind, kings).
Outcome: </font>

Villian played it like he had a flush especially with the weak bet on the river fearful of a boat. I sensed a trap and only called saving 1/3 of my stack, maybe in this kind of situation I should have been all in on the river?