PDA

View Full Version : Pokeroffice or pokertracker?

09-11-2005, 11:38 AM
I only play SnG and i now use pokeroffice which is very easy but dont give you so much to analys. It is recomended to buy pokertracker as well? What is the difference?

09-11-2005, 02:36 PM
?

09-13-2005, 05:36 PM
or is it any other program which is good for SnG players?

citanul
09-13-2005, 05:39 PM
depends what you want to do. there's lots of products out there. some free, some expensive. look at them, decide which best fits your needs, not some set of needs that a person who would respond to your post has, then get the one you like best.

citanul

microbet
09-13-2005, 05:48 PM
Yeah, but a lot of times software has all the features you want (+maybe a lot that you don't want) and still sucks and there is no way to find out without trying it or getting a recommendation.

I wouldn't butt in, except I will soon be purchasing one or the other of these and can't decide myself.

People who have used both: Which one pwns?

zambonidrivr
09-13-2005, 05:49 PM
i have both. but the screen overlay stuff that is in poker office is huge. especially if you see the same faces all the time. i have over 125K hands stored and it runs like a top.

one vote for office!

zambonidrivr
09-13-2005, 05:53 PM
tracker has more features, which i don't use. i like PO more mostly due to the screen overlays

citanul
09-13-2005, 05:56 PM
for the record, i know many people who love pokeroffice, including several top players on this forum.

personally i'm not a big overlays guy, but i may give it a shot at some point. i use pokertracker, and to the extent i use it, i like it, though i wish it's hand queries system was more useful/usable. eh, i guess i wish the whole thing were better and did exactly what i want, but i doubt any software currently commercially available does.

i know that pokertracker has a trial version, so you can try it out for yourself. i dont know if pokeroffice does.
citanul

ZeroPointMachine
09-13-2005, 05:58 PM
Aren't the screen overlays exactly what Party has been cracking down on? I know they didn't interfere with Poker Prophecy until they started to implement overlays. Am I confused?

microbet
09-13-2005, 06:19 PM
There are a few things I want and overlays would be cool except for worrying about how party reacts to them, but what I really want (like you) is to be able to make complex queries and get customizable reports - as well as track roi and such.

KramerTM
09-13-2005, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't butt in, except I will soon be purchasing one or the other of these and can't decide myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am utterly shocked that you don't own either yet. And I included you as one of the masters... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

KramerTM
09-13-2005, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Aren't the screen overlays exactly what Party has been cracking down on? I know they didn't interfere with Poker Prophecy until they started to implement overlays. Am I confused?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under the impression (albeit not a very informed one) that PP didn't care about screen overlay. /images/graemlins/confused.gif