PDA

View Full Version : is it possible to get high off whipped cream?

blaze666
09-11-2005, 10:36 AM
im reading the ingredients on a can of whipped cream, it says that the propellant is nitrous oxide. does this mean i could get high is i smelled the gas that comes out of the whipped cream can?

if not i can hook it up to car.

and besides, my freinds dad is a dentist, free NoS

gorie
09-11-2005, 10:38 AM
yes, but it only works for stupid people. try it and see.

Lazymeatball
09-11-2005, 10:49 AM
Hold the can straight up, put mouth on nozzle, press and inhale. Yeah, you should get a buzz while killing multiple brain cells in the process. I don't know if this works any differently than straight Nitrous oxide from the dentists, if anything it works just by cutting off oxygen to your brain.

InchoateHand
09-11-2005, 10:56 AM
This guys has so many extra brain cells. Breathe deeply my friend.

09-11-2005, 10:57 AM
http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/5683/tattooguy1bm.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
I wonder how many tattoos this guy has?

InchoateHand
09-11-2005, 10:59 AM
In which this guy continues to suck.

mblax10
09-11-2005, 11:04 AM
About a year ago, a friend of mine kept trying to find ways to get high from regular foods, I guess he found a book on the subject. I remember one time him eating like 2 packages of Cool Whip. I could never tell if he was high or not cause he was always pretty out of it during that period of time.

touchfaith
09-11-2005, 11:22 AM
Wippets

Go listen to No Cure For Cancer.

Sponger15SB
09-11-2005, 11:45 AM
To do it right, you need a case of whip cream chargers and this little metal cracker thing. You can either discharge them into a ballon which is wayyyyyy better, or just put your mouth around the metal thing. Although beware of that cause you could kill yourself by getting frostbite in your lungs when the air gets supercooled.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/nitrous/images/archive/nitrous_cracker2.jpg

Sponger15SB
09-11-2005, 11:48 AM
Btw, doing this is extremely dangerous and stupid. I've probably done it like 20ish times in my life (yeah... I'm a real rebel...pffft), and then I started to read about all the problems that were associated with habitual use of the drug. Its not pretty. Have fun losing control of your bladder and having to wear a diaper around. Errr, or suffering permanent brain damage due to lack of oxygen to the brain.

Basically, there are many more drugs out there that you should take before you decide to break into a dentists office in the middle of the night to get high.

touchfaith
09-11-2005, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Btw, doing this is extremely dangerous and stupid. I've probably done it like 20ish times in my life, and then I started to read about all the problems that were associated with habitual use of the drug. Its not pretty. Have fun losing control of your bladder and having to wear a diaper around. Errr... or suffering permanent brain damage due to lack of oxygen to the brain.

Basically, there are many more drugs out there that you should take before you decide to break into a dentists office in the middle of the night to get high.

[/ QUOTE ]

For everyone that asked why the penalty for crack is so much stiffer then for coke, the last few posts should tell you why.

If you can't see it, ask a straight friend to explain it to you.

ethan
09-11-2005, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hold the can straight up, put mouth on nozzle, press and inhale. Yeah, you should get a buzz while killing multiple brain cells in the process. I don't know if this works any differently than straight Nitrous oxide from the dentists, if anything it works just by cutting off oxygen to your brain.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you press the whipped-cream nozzle far enough that actual cream starts coming out, you've pushed it too far. Just go slightly to the side until you hear/feel gas coming out, but don't have any solids coming along with it.

....so I've heard.

This is also a horribly ineffective way of obtaining nos. One can of whipped-cream is enough to get you half-high for about 2 minutes, and is somewhat pansy-assed compared to getting your own tank.

I don't recommend getting your own tank, however, largely because you'll become generally useless until you get rid of it again.

Luv2DriveTT
09-11-2005, 12:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Btw, doing this is extremely dangerous and stupid. I've probably done it like 20ish times in my life (yeah... I'm a real rebel...pffft), and then I started to read about all the problems that were associated with habitual use of the drug. Its not pretty. Have fun losing control of your bladder and having to wear a diaper around. Errr, or suffering permanent brain damage due to lack of oxygen to the brain.

[/ QUOTE ]

about time someone discusses one of my former vices.... I used to go through a box of whippets every weekend. Me and my dusted friends (no joke) would sit in Thompson Square Park in NYC blasting sweet leaf by Black Sabbath getting [censored] up beyond belief. I am still paying the price for some of what I did... here are the downsides:
1) Brain damage. Yes, the high is literally killing brain cells. Lovely eh? I was a lot smarter before I started using this crap.
2) Frozen lips/lungs/fingers. Frostbite isn't fun, its even worse when you are on whippets and can barely feel the burn. Try going to a hospital to explain this one...
3) Kidney failure /back pain. I suffered through this one for years. My back hurt so bad, I didn't know why. Then it was explained to me what nitrous does to your kidneys... uh oh.

I was just a dumb kid when I was using this crap, as you get older you (hopefully) become smart enough to know that although the temporary high is fun, its not worth the long term damage you are doing to yourself. Don't make the mistake I made in the 80's... be a better man than me.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

smokingrobot
09-11-2005, 01:48 PM
wait you mean to say you've never heard about this before?

the whipped cream will NOT get you high. and i figure someone else has already elaborated on how to.

smokingrobot
09-11-2005, 01:50 PM
i certainly dont miss the "wah-wah's"

Sponger15SB
09-11-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I used to go through a box of whippets every weekend. Me and my dusted friends (no joke) would sit in Thompson Square Park in NYC blasting sweet leaf by Black Sabbath getting [censored] up beyond belief.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't not post this picture...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/Sponger15aa/sohigh1.jpg

09-11-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Have fun losing control of your bladder and having to wear a diaper around. Errr, or suffering permanent brain damage due to lack of oxygen to the brain.

[/ QUOTE ]

thank god you stopped before the brain-damage thingy happened.

wacki
09-11-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not true. As long as you remember to breath "some" oxygen, medical and most food grade N02 is pretty much harmless.

newhizzle
09-11-2005, 05:26 PM
that [censored] gets you [censored] up, you can also buy nitrus at your local head shop or keybord duster does the trick too, but thats got some exta sketchy chemicals in it too

Luv2DriveTT
09-11-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is not true. As long as you remember to breath "some" oxygen, medical and most food grade N02 is pretty much harmless.

[/ QUOTE ]

You litterally can forget to breath when your high on whippets.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

lighterjobs
09-11-2005, 06:58 PM
wippets are the nuts. i don't reccomend it.

mosch
09-13-2005, 08:29 AM
You kids should've heeded the warning label...

http://prettygeneric.titanresearch.com/stuff/nitrous_warning.jpg

diebitter
09-13-2005, 08:30 AM
Yeah. Suck 37 cans in a row, you'll get some kind of sensory modification, I'm sure.

Rduke55
09-13-2005, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

about time someone discusses one of my former vices.... I 1) Brain damage. Yes, the high is literally killing brain cells. Lovely eh? I was a lot smarter before I started using this crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't really true. While you can kill brain cells with it the overwhelming majority of the time you're not killing anything.
I lump this up there with the always fun "Dude, every time you get drunk you kill like XXXX brain cells."

sleight
09-13-2005, 02:26 PM
Are you #$@!*&% kidding me? I’m gonna lump you in with people who speak on subjects without knowing anything.

Hmmm, let's compare "overwhelming majority of the time you're not killing anything" to how my neuropsychology teacher described it, which was "wholesale brain-death".

The biggest difference between this and drugs is that Nitrous is not a drug. Drugs have effects on neurotransmitters in your brain, while all nitrous does is take up space where oxygen should be absorbed in your lungs. This effect can be accomplished many ways, huffing all kinds of solvents/gases is one, drowning is another. Nitrous just happens to be the safest/easiest way to do that, since the drowning method would involve all kinds of equipment and the requisite screaming of “Don’t give up on me now, damnit!”, which, as you know, gets old.

Rduke55
09-13-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you #$@!*&% kidding me? I’m gonna lump you in with people who speak on subjects without knowing anything.

Hmmm, let's compare "overwhelming majority of the time you're not killing anything" to how my neuropsychology teacher described it, which was "wholesale brain-death".

The biggest difference between this and drugs is that Nitrous is not a drug. Drugs have effects on neurotransmitters in your brain, while all nitrous does is take up space where oxygen should be absorbed in your lungs. This effect can be accomplished many ways, huffing all kinds of solvents/gases is one, drowning is another. Nitrous just happens to be the safest/easiest way to do that, since the drowning method would involve all kinds of equipment and the requisite screaming of “Don’t give up on me now, damnit!”, which, as you know, gets old.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, you seem angry.
OK. I'm at a research I university. I am a researcher and teacher in the neurosciences. My doctorate is in neurobiology. I have been working in the neurosciences (specifically neuropharmacology) for a decade.
I don't know why you're so hostile to me but try not to say anything about someone not knowing anything if you don't know who you're talking to. Christ man, it says "Scientist" in my profile.
While your definition of a "Drug" is inaccurate, I'm going to leave that alone.
NO2 does act on neurotransmitter receptors in the brain. Several different ones. And that pleasurable effect? That's mediated by which organ? Hmmm? (hint - not lungs)
Sorry to be a jerk but you started it

And now I'm going to punch myself in the groin because I said I'd never put my qualifications to trump someone in an argument.
welcome to OOT I guess.

sleight
09-13-2005, 09:15 PM
I apologize for my rudeness. The problem is your post didn't convey any authority or knowledge of the subject, but instead a rather flippant attitude that suffocating yourself is "ok" (Now that I read that sentence for the 20th time I can’t tell if you’re really supporting the sentiment or not). If you had alluded to your credentials and/or made your post sound like something other than what some dumb teenager would say I would not have gone off. I still don’t see the point of suggesting that huffing things is not horrible.

Also, it’s not like I’m going to check someone’s profile every time they make a strange remark to see if they’re qualified to make said remark. Even if I had checked your profile I probably could not have reconciled Scientist with what you said.

So, what is Nitrous classified as? Antagonist/Agonist of what NTs?

How is the lack of oxygen for an extended period of time not leading to massive brain death?

How is it different than other cases where the brain is denied oxygen for a while?

I would honestly like to know, since I’m wrong, and you’re the expert.

gorie
09-13-2005, 10:05 PM
the worst experience of my life happened because of nitrous oxide at the dentist before getting my wisdom teeth pulled. i am still very traumatized by it. i posted about this before, but basically i thought i was dying/dead and i'm still surprised sometimes that i am not. i hate thinking about it.

people who mess around with this for "fun" are incredibly retarded.

Sponger15SB
09-13-2005, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the worst experience of my life happened because of nitrous oxide at the dentist before getting my wisdom teeth pulled. i am still very traumatized by it. i posted about this before, but basically i thought i was dying/dead and i'm still surprised sometimes that i am not. i hate thinking about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I was [censored] loving it when I got my wisdom teeth taken out. When the doctor was asking me how I was feeling I told him "I wouldn't even care if the building was on fire right now". I was taking the biggest breaths I actually had to have him turn it down cause I was tweaking so much.

Many of my friends told me they experienced the same thing.

edit-
Btw, the stuff they give you in the dentists office is incredibly safe especially compared to whippets. Obviously. Although I'm sure some people get messed up by it like you did. Sorry gorie.

gorie
09-13-2005, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I was [censored] loving it when I got my wisdom teeth taken out. When the doctor was asking me how I was feeling I told him "I wouldn't even care if the building was on fire right now". I was taking the biggest breaths I actually had to have him turn it down cause I was tweaking so much.

Many of my friends told me they experienced the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

umm yeah my experience was nothing good.
do a search for the near death experience thread if you want to hear my story. /images/graemlins/frown.gif
my heart starts to pound just being reminded of it.
and while i know what happened to me is not your typical nitrious experience, i wouldn't wish what happened to me on anyone. i can't think of anything more terrifying.

Rduke55
09-14-2005, 12:59 PM
OK, no problem.
I've seen it classified as an NMDA antagonist and it's been thought to have effects on a couple others but those probably are downstream effects.
And the lack of oxygen for an extended period of time will kill stuff. "Extended" being the important term there. Most of the neurotoxicity studies on NO2 have exposure to insane amounts of it for insane amount of time. The short time it's in you it won't cut off O2 to that extent.
To clarify, YES it CAN kill neurons, but for the most part if you use it it won't. Although the major difference is that in medical procedures it's mixed with O2. It's not mixed with O2 in the balloon.
If it was 1/10 as bad as people make it out it would never get used in medicine.
It's better to huff this than, say, MI.
Nice avatar.