PDA

View Full Version : avatar question

sleepyjoeyt
09-11-2005, 10:01 AM
I have a picture of Deniro in Goodfellas leaning against the bar smoking a cigarette with a couple of goombas (spelling?) in the background. Deniro's contemplating whacking somebody. great image but I can't find it on the internet.

I want to download it onto my desktop and use it as my avatar for a fantasy football league but I can't figure it out.

When I go into properties on my desktop the wallpaper is just listed as "internet explorer".

How do I get this picture so that I can use it as an avatar?

Thanks.

InchoateHand
09-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Uh

lucas9000
09-11-2005, 12:24 PM
draw it in ms paint.

09-11-2005, 09:06 PM
You say you "have a picture" but Properties indicates "IE."

It sounds to me like you don't actually "have" the picture, you
just have a link to a picture.

Go to the Internet page with the picture. "Right Click" over the
picture. This should give you a menu with the option of "Save
Target As." (or something like that) "Left Click" this option
and you'll then open the window to download the file. The Default
is probably your "My Pictures" folder.

IggyWH
09-11-2005, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have a picture of Deniro in Goodfellas leaning against the bar smoking a cigarette with a couple of goombas (spelling?) in the background. Deniro's contemplating whacking somebody. great image but I can't find it on the internet.

I want to download it onto my desktop and use it as my avatar for a fantasy football league but I can't figure it out.

When I go into properties on my desktop the wallpaper is just listed as "internet explorer".

How do I get this picture so that I can use it as an avatar?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like you saw the picture, right-clicked on it and "Set As Background", correct?

When you do this, it saves the picture but renames it to "internet explorer wallpaper". The full filename is internet explorer wallpaper.bmp (or whatever extension it is). Different machines will save it in different places depending on default settings. To find it easily, do this :

1)Right-click on your desktop
2)Select PROPERTIES
3)Select DESKTOP tab
4)Scroll down to Internet Explorer Wallpaper
5)Click the BROWSE button

That will take you right to where it's located on your computer. Just copy it from there and paste it to somewhere you'll know where it's at.