PDA

View Full Version : So partypoker is rating players now, regarding the bonuses

09-11-2005, 08:16 AM
Since different players got different bonuses this month at partypoker, presumably partypoker is now rating players and giving us different bonuses depending on how much we bet or what level we play at or whatever else.

Any theories as to exactly how they're doing this? I'm wondering if it's now better to leave some money in one's partypoker account, or whether completely cashing out would be fine, etc.

BigBiceps
09-11-2005, 08:52 AM
If they are in fact rating players it is probably based on how much rake you are contributing, not how much money is in your account. Just my guess.

bpb
09-11-2005, 09:47 AM
Online sites will often send out various promos to randomly selected groups of customers. They then analyze the response rate to those promos to see which promotions were most effective. I'm assuming this is what party did last month.

Frankly, I don't think Party is intelligent enough to tailor bonus offers to a players specific history.

Tk79
09-11-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Frankly, I don't think Party is intelligent enough to tailor bonus offers to a players specific history.

[/ QUOTE ]

theben
09-11-2005, 11:42 AM
i think they just did a week ago

Thythe
09-11-2005, 12:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think they just did a week ago

[/ QUOTE ]

And you base this on ONE time that Party gave out different bonuses? It could be any one of a hundred different reasons.

09-11-2005, 12:46 PM
So, I guess we have to wait to see if they do it again next month, and if we tend to get the same bonuses again.

I tend to question whether the bonuses we got were truly random, though. Did anyone get the highest bonus who was only an occassional .50/1.00 player?

09-11-2005, 01:20 PM
Don't wanna hijack the thread but I just signed up on empire and would like to know when the next reload bonus will be so I can cashout and then deposit again when they announce it.

Thanks.

theben
09-11-2005, 02:09 PM
maybe this is just a one time thing. however, i highly doubt the bonuses were issued at random.

UATrewqaz
09-11-2005, 02:39 PM
Did someone compile a list of all the different bonuses offered?

I got the "REALCHANCE" one, it was 25% up to $150, 7x hands.

Thythe
09-11-2005, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So, I guess we have to wait to see if they do it again next month, and if we tend to get the same bonuses again.

I tend to question whether the bonuses we got were truly random, though. Did anyone get the highest bonus who was only an occassional .50/1.00 player?

[/ QUOTE ]

People are also forgetting the whole purpose of a reload bonus. If anything, Party should give the highest bonus to the lowest limit player. The bonuses have never been a reward for playing lots, in fact, all the bonuses of the past (account specific ones) have gone to those people who haven't played at all in the last few weeks or months.

smartalecc5
09-11-2005, 02:41 PM
just withdraw it now dude.

ncboiler
09-11-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't wanna hijack the thread but I just signed up on empire and would like to know when the next reload bonus will be so I can cashout and then deposit again when they announce it.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

First Thursday in October. I'm so ashamed of myself

hhughes
09-12-2005, 07:10 PM
What about the folks(like me /images/graemlins/frown.gif ) who didnt receive any kind of reload bonus??? Ive had an account at PP for at least 2 years and play there often...If they were rating players, why not give a reload to their long time customers?

FWIW

MyTurn2Raise
09-12-2005, 08:55 PM
I got the big one "GETTHEMOST"-I played almost 10k hands at 2/4-"The August Bonanza" was a sweet promotion

getmoney111
09-12-2005, 11:57 PM
I got the $100 bonus, I'm a blue member .25nl, 10sng, 1/2 6max, 2/4 full player.

Synergistic Explosions
09-13-2005, 01:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What about the folks(like me /images/graemlins/frown.gif ) who didnt receive any kind of reload bonus??? Ive had an account at PP for at least 2 years and play there often...If they were rating players, why not give a reload to their long time customers?

FWIW

[/ QUOTE ]

They are using reloads as 'player retention incentives'.
That means hoes who only play there part time will get them because we are off and on. They hope by giving us incentives like this it makes us stay on.

If you play there all the time, theres no incentive for them to give you anything, since it wouldn't matter as you are loyal and retained.

bkholdem
09-13-2005, 06:04 AM
Yeah, I recently cleared a bonus that was announced as a pop up when I log on. I stopped playing there as my main site about 2 months ago or so.

I haven't played there much since clearing the bonus either, I'm curious to see what happens in coming months. Maybe I should withdraw even more money from there, I've read about players getting boni becasue they have no money in their accounts.

09-13-2005, 08:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

FWIW

[/ QUOTE ]

They are using reloads as 'player retention incentives'.
That means hoes who only play there part time will get them because we are off and on. They hope by giving us incentives like this it makes us stay on.

If you play there all the time, theres no incentive for them to give you anything, since it wouldn't matter as you are loyal and retained.

[/ QUOTE ]

But, I got the $100 bonus (deposit $500, play 7X hands) and I had been playing about 100 hands a day at partypoker for the previous month and a half.

jaydub
09-13-2005, 10:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

FWIW

[/ QUOTE ]

You are the control group.

It is not based on play. It is a program with multiple offers to determine how people react to different bonus amounts. Basically a marketing experiment.