PDA

View Full Version : Allergies

Terrabon98
09-11-2005, 08:01 AM
I get very bad allergies in the fall due to ragweed (I think). For the past few years, I have taken allegra so that I could actually have a life during this period. But for some reason, even with the allegra, my allergies have just been out of control this year. I live on a college campus in an old house, so it could be that the house is old/dusty, etc. My main problem is when I go to sleep, I literally can't breathe through my nose and I stay awake...anyone have any suggestions of anything I can do to ease the situation a bit?

unreal_nh
09-11-2005, 09:29 AM
do breathe-right strips work?

mblax10
09-11-2005, 10:15 AM
I've had the same problem of and on my whole life. Some years worse than others. Allegra didn't do much for me and I think it's expensive. I used to take Teldrin, was a 12 hour pill that worked wonders, but can't seem to find it anymore. Chlor-Trimeton worked well too. This year I've been taking Benadryl Cold & Sinus and it's worked surprisingly well for short periods.

Other suggestions for sleeping, take a hot shower, with lots of steam in the bathroom before you go to bed. Drinking hot tea helps too. If it's an option trying to sleep somewhere else might be worth a try to see if there's something in your room bothering you.