PDA

View Full Version : 1st post

09-11-2005, 04:42 AM
Hello all. I am new to 2+2 and have been playing poker for 4+ years now. I have looked around and read some post here and there for a while now. Sadly, I have lost my entire bankroll. I started out prolly as most of you did playing the low limits and worked my way up. I dominated the low limit games and got board so I moved up and then moved up again ect. Until I was playing 10/20 NL. Tonight I sit down at a table with my last 2K hoping to do well and well I started of great pickintg up 9s my first hand and hit my set and made about 1200 on that hand. I felt good and was going really well. I was up to about 6500 until I look down at Kings another gentleman who I thought to be a good player had about what I did in front of him. Si I make a raise and he re raises me and I just call. Flop comes KKA...I almost crap my pants as I am first to act and check my quads and he bets into me pretty heftily (sp?) and I just call. Turn comes something like a 4 or 5 so I make a marginal bet into the pot to see what happens he pushes back all-in and I could get my chips in fast enough. Then he slams his Aces down on the table screaming boat and I gengerly lay my Kings over saying QUADS!!!! River comes the case Ace and I go broke. No bad beat Jackpot no nothing now. I think I am going to call it quits with poker as my total loses only eqaul out the original 200 I started out with and I told myself that if I lost that I wouldnt play again. This is not a bad beat post if you think it is. I know its frowned upon here but I just wanted to share my poker story here and also let off some steam I guess.

I guess I can share the best moment of my career while I am here too. About two years ago I played in a 125 dollar buy-in tournament...there I started out with I think 4000 in chips and made a nice run. There were around 1000 or so people in the tourney. Anyhow I made my way through the large field (This was right after the large poker boom) and I was sitting at the final table. There I had an enormous chip stack and took out 5 of the 10 people until it was heads up. We ended up only playing heads up for around 30-45 mins when I picked up AK hearts and he picked up AK diamonds. Flop came A /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif I bet he pushed and I called and made the flush on the turn and the rest is history. I felt great and I played really well after that for a while. Poker was a great source of extra income as I bought a new truck with so of my winnings and a down payment on a new home. However, time caught up with me and now I have nothing as far as a bankroll goes. Luckily I still have a great job where I have insurance ect and will be fine. However, I dont think I will play cards again. Thanks for listening and good luck in the future.

x2ski
09-11-2005, 04:49 AM
I'd say if your play helped buy both a vehicle and a home that I'd throw in another $200 and see where that took you this time.

But that's just me.

Klepton
09-11-2005, 06:34 AM
so how long until you ask us for money?

La Brujita
09-11-2005, 11:47 AM
Odds the quads over quads hand actually happened?

Alobar
09-11-2005, 01:55 PM
sorry to hear about how things went down. Its obviously for the best tho, as it definately sounds like you dont have the discipline to play winning poker. good luck in life

jman220
09-11-2005, 02:40 PM
nh

09-11-2005, 04:58 PM
I figured there would be a few smart ass replys but hey what do you expect from a bunch of young spoiled brats that play poker all day long. I am not here to ask for money I just wanted to vent and also share my story. The quads hand really did happen and I am sure that I could cover whatever bet you are willing to make. Thanks for your time and ears. Take care.

Alobar
09-11-2005, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I figured there would be a few smart ass replys but hey what do you expect from people who actually play winning poker, when they are always confronted with posts by losing players whining about some sob story. I am not here to ask for money I just wanted to vent and also share my story. The quads hand really did happen and I am sure that I could cover whatever bet you are willing to make. Thanks for your time and ears. Take care.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

ncboiler
09-11-2005, 05:59 PM
Why are you playing 10/20NL with only $2000 bankroll?

09-11-2005, 06:07 PM
Yeah, I hate it too when people whinge about downswings and playing badly.
My advice? Keep playing, if you have to sell your car to create a bankroll don't worry about. I know someone who can sell you a bike real cheap. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jman220
09-11-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I figured there would be a few smart ass replys but hey what do you expect from a bunch of young spoiled brats that play poker all day long. I am not here to ask for money I just wanted to vent and also share my story. The quads hand really did happen and I am sure that I could cover whatever bet you are willing to make. Thanks for your time and ears. Take care.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm quite confident that I am older than you are. As for maturity, well, we'll see how the rest of this thread plays out and what you type, but I'm betting this issue will be resolved pretty quickly.

09-11-2005, 07:22 PM
Well...I had a very large bankroll and was very successful for a while at 10/20. However, I went into a downswing and never really came out of it. I know variance is part of poker and nor am I complaining about what has happened. Oh and by the way I know "EVERYONE" here plays "winning" poker. No one loses money that posts on 2+2. Anyway, I'll say it again...I just wanted to share my story to get it off my chest. Money isnt an issue here because I could easily sit down with about 80-100,000 and be comfortable and as I said before I sat down with my first 200 and promised myself if I lost that I wouldnt play anymore. Its just that simple. If you dont have anything usefull to add to this thread then dont be a putz and say something like a smart ass just to look cool to a bunch of people you have never seen before on a poker message board.

cookie
09-11-2005, 07:29 PM
This thread sux, as does the OP ...

jman220
09-11-2005, 07:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well...I had a very large bankroll and was very successful for a while at 10/20. However, I went into a downswing and never really came out of it. I know variance is part of poker and nor am I complaining about what has happened. Oh and by the way I know "EVERYONE" here plays "winning" poker. No one loses money that posts on 2+2. Anyway, I'll say it again...I just wanted to share my story to get it off my chest. Money isnt an issue here because I could easily sit down with about 80-100,000 and be comfortable and as I said before I sat down with my first 200 and promised myself if I lost that I wouldnt play anymore. Its just that simple. If you dont have anything usefull to add to this thread then dont be a putz and say something like a smart ass just to look cool to a bunch of people you have never seen before on a poker message board.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a fair number on these boards who are not winning players. But they are working on improving their game, and mostly have a general willingness to accept that they are not that good, but that they should listen to what the others on this board have to say in criticism of their play, and improve from it. You don't seem to have this quality. You may be good enough to be a winning poker player, but I am nearly 100 percent certain, you are not even close to good enough to beat the 10/20 game online. And your bankroll for that game, by the way, needs to be at a minimum, forty thousand.

09-11-2005, 07:40 PM
At what point did I ever say I was a great poker player and never needed improvement? At one point I had a bankroll of over 350,000 dollars. Besides I could still whipe my ass with 40k and 50k if I have had chili.

09-11-2005, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This thread sux, as does the OP ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Proves my point exactly...moron

jman220
09-11-2005, 07:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At what point did I ever say I was a great poker player and never needed improvement? At one point I had a bankroll of over 350,000 dollars. Besides I could still whipe my ass with 40k and 50k if I have had chili.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I can't believe I'm the first to do this, but I'm going to call bs on your story. I don't believe that you turned a $200 initial deposit into $350,000. And I doubt anyone else here does either. Go away troll.

09-11-2005, 07:44 PM
Your an idiot. Hince I bought a car with my money and also put a very large down payment on my home. If you dont believe it then just go away and not reply to the post. Your about as dumb as the last poster moron.

jman220
09-11-2005, 07:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your an idiot. Hince I bought a car with my money and also put a very large down payment on my home. If you dont believe it then just go away and not reply to the post. Your about as dumb as the last poster moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

YSSCKY.

/end thread

09-11-2005, 07:54 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/utmt40/idiot.jpg

09-11-2005, 08:05 PM
+----------+
| PLEASE |
| DO NOT |
| FEED THE |
| TROLLS |
+----------+
| |
| |
.\|.||/..

MEbenhoe
09-11-2005, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
in the future, when creating a troll account, not a good idea to use an image that has your name in the URL.

jman220
09-11-2005, 08:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
in the future, when creating a troll account, not a good idea to use an image that has your name in the URL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man thats hilarious, I can't stop laughing. Still, not a bad troll account, I give it a B-.

EStreet20
09-11-2005, 08:41 PM
Either way I hope you dont think the line about not having the discipline to play winning poker was a smart ass line as you clearly don't. Your "I sat with my last 2000 at a 10-20 NL table" told me all I needed to know in that department. Either way, good luck from here on out, whether you come back to the game or not.

09-11-2005, 08:43 PM
Damnit...I tried...they got me for posting some boobies in OOT so I wanted to have some fun on the forums and see how bad you all would flame our quad man. I didnt even think about the photo bucket thing. I am so ashamed now. LOL I'll be back to my old self in a couple of days. See you then.

EStreet20
09-11-2005, 08:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Besides I could still whipe my ass with 40k and 50k if I have had chili

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha a Tilt quote. This guy must be the real deal.

jman220
09-11-2005, 08:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Damnit...I tried...they got me for posting some boobies in OOT so I wanted to have some fun on the forums and see how bad you all would flame our quad man. I didnt even think about the photo bucket thing. I am so ashamed now. LOL I'll be back to my old self in a couple of days. See you then.

[/ QUOTE ]

This Post is Worthless Without Pics.

09-11-2005, 08:48 PM
I learned my lesson. Sorry but they were really nice.

edge
09-11-2005, 09:12 PM
Is that picture a man or a woman with big sideburns?

jman220
09-11-2005, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is that picture a man or a woman with big sideburns?

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Which Picture?