PDA

View Full Version : Bananie? Say it isn't So!

x2ski
09-11-2005, 02:58 AM
So I'm cold chillin' it at the $3/$6 tables this evening and some duder makes a comment at Bananie38/72/69/420/whatever and the Banster fails to respond. The guy then says he loves making fun of bots.

It kinda dawned on me, but not entirely...

I play against Bananie a lot, and once when he cracked my AA with T2o from the BB I made a comment about the ol' DB 'cause that play was so unlike his stats and he actually responded (lol'd or something I don't remember specifically).

Anyway, this dude accusing him of being a bot made me think. First of all, there are like 8 different variations of his name, so that right there is against the rules. Second of all, he plays A LOT.

I told the accuser dude that if he's so sure Bananies a bot that he should definitely report him, since I wasn't sure myself. If I was over 50% sure Bananie was a bot, I'd probably report him myself, but innocent until proven guilty IMHO.

So what do all y'all 3/6er's think? If he is a bot the guy needs to be outed. Maybe somehow we could pool together and figure something out?

I dunno, but I'm kinda itchin' to get to the bottom of this. Here's what I have so far.

1. He plays $3/$6 (sometimes $5/$10), and it is my understanding that bots aren't that effective, if at all, at these levels.

2. Stats are 13.13/7.85 after 13,000+ hands at a BB/100 of .396

Allinlife
09-11-2005, 03:02 AM
you can spend your time in a more productive way sir.

x2ski
09-11-2005, 03:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you can spend your time in a more productive way sir.

[/ QUOTE ]

But I choose not to /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bananie? That you there chief?

09-11-2005, 03:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Stats are 13.13/7.85 after 13,000+ hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep your mouth shut. I like weakies.

Wtf is going on in your avatar?

x2ski
09-11-2005, 03:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Stats are 13.13/7.85 after 13,000+ hands

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Keep your mouth shut. I like weakies.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what the accuser dude said, in so many words. If there's no interest, we can drop it the issue. I just found it intriguing (sp?).

[ QUOTE ]
Wtf is going on in your avatar?

[/ QUOTE ]

Larry David's father is hitting up some medicinal cheeba while enjoying the company of an African-American prostitute... You got a problem with that?

09-11-2005, 03:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Larry David's father is hitting up some medicinal cheeba while enjoying the company of an African-American prostitute... You got a problem with that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, I liked Buster better.

x2ski
09-11-2005, 03:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, I liked Buster better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya think? I kinda felt like jumping on the .gif bandwagon.

I took a lot of time Photoshopping the Buster pick, so it was hard to get rid of, but it also took me a few hours to get this little dilly together.

Horse apiece I guess. I can always bring the ol' Busta back.

dibbs
09-11-2005, 03:28 AM
I thought it was Junior Soprano.

Reminds me that I'm way behind on Curb episodes though.

x2ski
09-11-2005, 03:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought it was Junior Soprano.

Reminds me that I'm way behind on Curb episodes though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I figured some people would mistake him for Uncle Junior.

StellarWind
09-11-2005, 04:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So what do all y'all 3/6er's think? If he is a bot the guy needs to be outed.

[/ QUOTE ]
It seems to me you just did.

Why do so many people think Party doesn't read these forums?

ace_in_the_hole
09-11-2005, 04:39 AM
New Curb season starts soon. FYI /images/graemlins/smile.gif

x2ski
09-11-2005, 04:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So what do all y'all 3/6er's think? If he is a bot the guy needs to be outed.

[/ QUOTE ]
It seems to me you just did.

Why do so many people think Party doesn't read these forums?

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said they didn't, but it also never occurred to me.

Dariel86
09-11-2005, 04:59 AM
OMFG, we have RON BURGUNDY on the forum! He is the BALLS!

Ps. You're working on your guns in that picture?

x2ski
09-11-2005, 05:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
OMFG, we have RON BURGUNDY on the forum! He is the BALLS!

Ps. You're working on your guns in that picture?

[/ QUOTE ]

He did too many.

timprov
09-11-2005, 05:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, this dude accusing him of being a bot made me think. First of all, there are like 8 different variations of his name, so that right there is against the rules. Second of all, he plays A LOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Stacy's Mom is definitely a bot too.

HavanaBanana
09-11-2005, 06:09 AM
It aint so.

ToT

Kyo Souma II
09-11-2005, 08:02 AM
this button is bananas.
b a n a n a s

http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/577/monkeypokernewbutton7ad.jpg

Python49
09-11-2005, 08:19 AM
x2ski, what's going on in your avatar

Kyo Souma II
09-11-2005, 08:40 AM
Read the whole thread.

'Larry David's father is hitting up some medicinal cheeba while enjoying the company of an African-American prostitute... You got a problem with that?'

-kyo

Tk79
09-11-2005, 10:46 AM
I have 9 bananiexx if that does anything for you. None of the seem too great to me though.

theben
09-11-2005, 11:44 AM
report suspicions to the site and see what they do

Jimbo
09-11-2005, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First of all, there are like 8 different variations of his name, so that right there is against the rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

This I don't understand. Please explain

[ QUOTE ]
I play against Bananie a lot, and once when he cracked my AA with T2o from the BB

[/ QUOTE ]

So he is a bot that got lucky or are you saying he knew which cards were coming next?

GoCubsGo
09-11-2005, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
First of all, there are like 8 different variations of his name, so that right there is against the rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I play against Bananie a lot, and once when he cracked my AA with T2o from the BB

[/ QUOTE ]

So he is a bot that got lucky or are you saying he knew which cards were coming next?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it's a conspiracy. Here is a decent player, usually very tight, yet here he plays T2? Seems out of character. Like maybe it's some donkey who set up the bot, but during this particular session, it was the donkey, not the bot, who was playing. Another factor pointing towards this is that this was one of the few times that Bananie spoke in the chat box.

CostaRicaBill
09-11-2005, 12:40 PM
Bananie plays an ungodly number of hours. I once asked him how many hours he plays and he responded saying that he tried to play like 12 hours a day and 6 or 7 tables. So don't think he's a bot, just has little social life.

x2ski
09-11-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bananie plays an ungodly number of hours. I once asked him how many hours he plays and he responded saying that he tried to play like 12 hours a day and 6 or 7 tables. So don't think he's a bot, just has little social life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's what I thought. Case closed.

x2ski
09-11-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said he was a bot... I asked if anyone else on these forums was as certain as this accuser dude was at the table. That is why I wouldn't report him, 'cause it had never occurred to me before.

As far as the name variations are concerned, he has Bananie11, Bananie18, Bananie33 etc. Since he has more variations then there are skins, he must have gnome accounts, unless he changes his name every 6 mos as allowed, but wouldn't you do more than just change numbers?

Regardless, the general consensus is that he's not a bot, so we can drop it.

StacysMom
09-11-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Stacy's Mom is definitely a bot too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not a bot B...

StellarWind
09-12-2005, 01:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
As far as the name variations are concerned, he has Bananie11, Bananie18, Bananie33 etc. Since he has more variations then there are skins, he must have gnome accounts, unless he changes his name every 6 mos as allowed, but wouldn't you do more than just change numbers?

[/ QUOTE ]
Obviously he likes being Bananie. Sounds very human of him /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Changing the number is enough to throw PT, PokerEdge, and the HUDs for a loop. I certainly don't have time to go through my database, pick out aliases for the same player, and crosslink them so the composite stats appear as soon as any alias sits down at my table.

09-12-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at the table when bananie said this too. Also, one time bananie came to the table, took the seat next to me, with 150 and added on up to 300 before even starting. Just to break balls I added on up to 500, and he returned. Back and forth until we both had around 1000. It was just screwin' around but this is no bot.

09-12-2005, 02:43 PM
Just some guy playing rock tight, making a living on rakeback.

TheNoodleMan
09-12-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Changing the number is enough to throw PT, PokerEdge, and the HUDs for a loop. I certainly don't have time to go through my database, pick out aliases for the same player, and crosslink them so the composite stats appear as soon as any alias sits down at my table.

[/ QUOTE ]
This takes about 30 seconds, I do it whenever I find an alias. I usually look for similar names from the same town, it is pretty helpful, IMO.