PDA

View Full Version : Slowrolling the flush against my trips

09-11-2005, 02:26 AM
Playing a live .25 - .50 game and i put my last $15 in the pot with pocket queens when i make trips on the flop. When I show the cards after the river, my opponent looks at my hand and nods like he's beat, and then waits a couple of seconds, and turns over a flush. That really pissed me off. I told him: "Next time just turn them over - don't slowroll." He says: "Oh, I don't like to just throw em down - that's a beginner's move." "Don't slowroll me," I repeated, "Just turn 'em over." I felt like making a bigger scene but I just left after that. Am I just bitter at losing, or was that pretty damn obnoxious, especially after he cleaned me out?

IronDragon1
09-11-2005, 02:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Playing a live .25 - .50 game and i put my last $15 in the pot with pocket queens when i make trips on the flop. When I show the cards after the river, my opponent looks at my hand and nods like he's beat, and then waits a couple of seconds, and turns over a flush. That really pissed me off. I told him: "Next time just turn them over - don't slowroll." He says: "Oh, I don't like to just throw em down - that's a beginner's move." "Don't slowroll me," I repeated, "Just turn 'em over." I felt like making a bigger scene but I just left after that. Am I just bitter at losing, or was that pretty damn obnoxious, especially after he cleaned me out?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I had your self control

09-11-2005, 02:37 AM
meh, if you couldnt keep your cool it was smart to leave;

Players will do things to put u on tilt, you have 2 +EV options: Chill out, realize that you will win in that betting situation more often than lose, and keep your cool...

or leave. You chose the latter. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

StellarWind
09-11-2005, 04:54 AM
You cannot control other people's behavior. You can control how you react to it.

When you allow yourself to become upset over things like this it costs you. This is true of poker and life in general. There will always be jerks who try to push your buttons for fun and profit.

Getting mad is a leak. It's that simple.

xniNja
09-11-2005, 05:33 AM
I'm not sure the situation you described was a slowroll. I'm very anti-slow-rolling, and I make sure it doesn't happen by forcing opponents whose turn it is to act, to act. If it's your turn to act, you flip over your cards... and then it's your opponents turn... yea he can be an idiot and act like you won, but it's not really slow-rolling... is it?

If you don't make a judgment until you've seen his cards, you cannot be hurt. If you act before your turn, it's your own fault.