PDA

View Full Version : Play teh board with worse odds (1:1)

thesharpie
09-11-2005, 01:58 AM
Assuming 3rd guy calls. Opponenets look to be LAPs. Likey turn check?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (3 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds

newhizzle
09-11-2005, 03:45 AM
i think i figured out a good answer, but i dont know how accurate it is

there are only 3 cards in the deck(excluding straight flush) that can make SB not play the board as well, you have 7 cards accounted for, so he can have 3 out of 45 twice, giving him a 13% chance of haveing the T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, or Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, you have no real way of telling whether his hand holds these, you are getting 4:1 on a split, so 2:1 on your money, i think this is a call

09-11-2005, 03:59 AM
I like the turn check. I don't think you have very much FE with these two. You don't want to get raised here either, the pot's too small to draw to the boat. I think the river's worth a call against this guy though, getting 4-1, as the button would have likely bet the turn with anything worth overcalling/raising the river.

newhizzle
09-11-2005, 04:05 AM
didnt even notice button was in this, that makes it 26% that either one has a painted diamond and if he calls your odds are less, but i still think this is a call, fold if button raises and SB calls if SB folds, then you have a decision to make

09-11-2005, 04:10 AM
I don't think you have to worry about the button holding a diamond here. Like I said, he would have most likely bet the turn with a made flush of any strength, given the lack of action. Especially with the discription.

newhizzle
09-11-2005, 04:18 AM
yeah def true, button is not something to worry about

edit: i was just trying out my math skillz

toss
09-11-2005, 04:50 AM
I think you gave up this pot once you checked the turn. Even LAPs will usually fold without a dimaond. I bet and if anyone calls I'm done with the pot.

TheHammer24
09-11-2005, 12:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you gave up this pot once you checked the turn. Even LAPs will usually fold without a dimaond. I bet and if anyone calls I'm done with the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this line. Bet/Folding the turn and giving up on the river.

As played, Button does not have a painted diamond, that is clear. I think the previous posters math needs to be weight alittle bit, since he is more likely to bet with a winning hand than he's not. The pot is small, I think this is about neutral EV.