View Full Version : Good Resteal?

Hendricks433
09-11-2005, 01:41 AM
I cant pull a stop and go and I feel like its too good of a hand to pass up on which might be cause its the best hand other than AJ which was not shown down. That the only hand ive played.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t1925)
SB (t2255)
Hero (t1535)
UTG (t4280)
MP (t2375)
CO (t1130)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB Raises to 450. I feel like Calling is horrid.

Final Pot: t225

09-11-2005, 01:45 AM
Although I do see some good arguments for pushing, I would fold this.

KingDan
09-11-2005, 01:47 AM
Laying this down is a big mistake, and calling is even worse.

Push and holla is so desired.

09-11-2005, 01:49 AM
Why is laying this down such a big mistake?

AtticusFinch
09-11-2005, 05:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Think of the range of hands SB will raise with here. I think it's something along the lines of "anything but 32-72, and maybe them, too if they're suited."

Unless SB makes a habit of folding his SB to you, I say push.

fisherman112
09-11-2005, 07:16 AM
if it's a player who will lay down a marginal hand to your all in,then i like the push a lot. it's a toss up, either play has it's merits. mostly dependant on your opponent's call range.

unreal_nh
09-11-2005, 09:07 AM
it depends some on the type of player making the raise.. but most of the time i think this is a good push.

Karak567
09-11-2005, 12:09 PM
I push overtop here unless I have a really good read that he will only do this with premium cards.

09-11-2005, 12:11 PM
Push. I wish we didn't have position here /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

09-11-2005, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Think of the range of hands SB will raise with here. I think it's something along the lines of "anything but 32-72, and maybe them, too if they're suited."

[/ QUOTE ]

Silly me, I did not realie it was the SB making the raise. Perhaps I should read into the HHs a little better. :/

I push this almost 100% of the time unless the player has folded to me from the SB a few times before. If you are up against an ace of KQ, then meh, good luck.

Al P
09-11-2005, 12:48 PM
On stars (where I always play) this is a pretty easy fold for me.

I don't think those 150 blind chips are important enough to villian to be doing a big steal with garbage here. Kinda read dependant though.

But I don't think I've ever risked my tournament life with KJo with 6 players left when I still have 10BB left and I don't plan on ever doing it.

curtains
09-11-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is fuzzy thinking. You are giving the SB way too wide a range. You can't continuously give ridiculous ranges to people and expect to win big at sit and gos.

curtains
09-11-2005, 03:15 PM
Moving allin is fine, it probably should depend on some things however.

09-11-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

But I don't think I've ever risked my tournament life with KJo with 6 players left when I still have 10BB left and I don't plan on ever doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the correct answer. Villian has put enough in where he makes the call with something like 66, and there you are, a coin flip away from getting nuthin, and even if you double up that doesn't guarantee you anything.

There just aren't that many hands Hero is more than a small favorite against, and a bunch where you are a huge dog. If the blinds were bigger or your stack was smaller you push, but this is an easy no-question fold.

curtains
09-11-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the correct answer. Villian has put enough in where he makes the call with something like 66, and there you are, a coin flip away from getting nuthin, and even if you double up that doesn't guarantee you anything.

There just aren't that many hands Hero is more than a small favorite against, and a bunch where you are a huge dog. If the blinds were bigger or your stack was smaller you push, but this is an easy no-question fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem to not take into consideration the fact that the SB might fold to the reraise. We are a big favorite against those hands. Villian may easily fold something like A5o here.

09-11-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
... but this is an easy no-question fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that easy.

There are good arguments for both folding and pushing.

KramerTM
09-11-2005, 04:06 PM
If SB has been aggressive and stealing some pots lately, then fine. Otherwise this is just too dangerous. You have 10BBs left, plenty to still play some poker.

09-11-2005, 04:14 PM
[quote
There are good arguments for both folding and pushing. [and from another post,] Villian may easily fold something like A5o here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see this argument, and maybe it is true at the higher buy-in tables (I never really play above $11), but he is putting another $1000 into a pot of $900, so I don't think he is letting go of Ax or any pocket pair, which he is going to have half of the time here.

I guess it is read dependant, as was stated several times before, but I have gotten knocked out on plays like this too often to get cute when I just don't have to. And unless the competition is far above average or you think he's weak/tight, why not wait for a better spot? One is sure to come.

curtains
09-11-2005, 07:39 PM
Its actually more likely that someone will fold when pot committed at a lower buyin table than a higher one, and they may fold hands that you wouldnt believe possible.

I always say that its a misconception that people are much looser in the low buyins. Oftentimes the reason you win the low buyins is because people are too tight late in the tournament and in pot committed situations.

Hendricks433
09-11-2005, 08:04 PM
Well the Main Reason I felt I could make this play is cause how tight I had played up to this point. I had played like 3 hands total and no matter how bad a player is I think you notice when someone doesnt play a hand. So I felt my image was super tight and that would help. I did push and he did fold but that doesnt mean it was a profitable play. Anyways I think it deopends on reads but is ok either way.