PDA

View Full Version : Would you call?

TheArtist
04-29-2003, 07:55 AM
3/6 game at U.B

I am in BB with 99. Everyone folds to the Button who raises. SB fold, I make it 3bets and button called.

Flop
Rainbow: 10 rag rag

I bet, Button raises?

Would you call?

I called.

Turn A,

button bet

Would you call?

How would you guys handle this hand?
TheArtist

Kurn, son of Mogh
04-29-2003, 08:53 AM
It depends (wow, that's original). Is the button capable of putting a play on you?

On one hand, people *do* get real hands on the button, and by the turn there are two overcards to your pair on the board. On the other, the ace may be as scary to him as it is to you.

Unless I had a good enough read to think he wouldn't lay down a hand like JT, I'd raise his turn bet. At this level, if he reraises here, I'd have to start believing him.

Joe Tall
04-29-2003, 08:57 AM
I would have called the flop re-raise, just as you did, however now with two overcards, one being the Ace, I would have folded.

Blind stealing from the button sure can include any Ace, KT, QT, JT would have raised your blinds here too...chances are that you're beat.

Punker
04-29-2003, 09:05 AM
If your answer to the first question is yes...your answer to all subsequent questions should be yes.

Bob T.
04-29-2003, 10:05 AM
You three bet him, and he keeps pounding away. With this board, if he isn't worried, you should be. I wouldn't like it, but I would probably lay down here.