PDA

View Full Version : Handling big hands OOP.

dibbs
09-11-2005, 12:32 AM
SSPLO, limped pot that ends up at 7 bbs.

You knock in BB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gifT/images/graemlins/heart.gifA/images/graemlins/club.gif6/images/graemlins/club.gif

2/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

You lead for pot get two callers.

7 /images/graemlins/club.gif is turn, pot is at 28 bbs, what's your action here?

Any thoughts about different lines for the flop or whatever is great too, thanks.

Edit to add: All players have 100 bbish stacks, both are semi-loose typical PLO players from what I've seen, not crazy though, haven't seen them do anything incredibly fishy.

TheRempel
09-11-2005, 12:34 AM
You need to give more information. Stack sizes and playing style on your opponents would be a good start. If you know they'll bluff raise or value raise with a flush here, you should make a bet that looks weak. You have a virtual lock and wanna keep as many people in as possible.

dibbs
09-11-2005, 01:21 AM
Oops. thanks for the reminder

benkahuna
09-11-2005, 01:57 AM
I will buy your hand for 100 bbs.

Deal?

Use your best guess what will keep them in. There's an infinitismal risk to just checking here. If they called on the flop, I don't see why they wouldn't call something on the turn which may be your last chance to get them to put more money in the pot.

dibbs
09-11-2005, 02:12 AM
Hehe, I never thought I'd ever post a "how to extract the max from an absolute monster post" as I usually find them boring, but here it is. If only all of my problems were "how to get the most out of top set nut flush draw hands."

I bet a little under half the pot and they both folded, so I started to wonder if the smallish bet set off warning signals or not. I'd been betting the full pot most of the time, so I considered that too, but I always had it at the time and it got shown down so I went for the weak tempting looking bet, maybe a red flag though.

theben
09-11-2005, 10:27 PM
id probably lead for a 45-75% pot bet in most spots, barring abnomral stacks