PDA

View Full Version : Can you make me feel better?!?

Punker
04-29-2003, 05:37 AM
At the conclusion of this hand, I was taunted like back in junior high, as I was growing to an unmanagebly clumsy height! Please tell me if I will growth into a lovely swan!!

I have received a 5 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

My table image at the moment is clearly a very dominate. I usually have a full house!

The first three coldfold, and I open the raise. The cutoff and both blinds choose to play.

The flope comes favorablish:

5 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

They are checking to me and I am betting. The cutoff folds, and the Small Blind foldes too. But the Big Blind impishly raises me. I coquettishly call!

The turn transpires:

(5 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif) 6 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

The Big Blind bets again. And I rais! The Big Blind smooth calls.

The river indicates the

(5 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif) T /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

The Big Blind flatchecks, and I bet. The Big Blind then smoothfolds.

So I have many full hice. But do I play them correctly?

Ulysses
04-29-2003, 05:51 AM
Played perfectly, start to finish. Too bad he didn't make his straight.

Joe Tall
04-29-2003, 08:03 AM
I would have played this one the same way given the BB's actions. However, I don't usually open raise with pocket 5s; I'm assuming this is image dependant. Such that, you're dominating the table and your last open rasie got too much respect, then I'd rasie with 5s.

I'm curious to know how others play pocket 5s, and in what situation. However, such a pocket pair is a situational dependant hand in my game plan.

Good play here!! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Homer
04-29-2003, 10:01 AM
You crack me up man. Coldfold, I like it.

-- Homer

Bob T.
04-29-2003, 10:02 AM
coldfold, flatcheck, smoothfold, full hice? You played this one well, and your description defies description.

eMarkM
04-29-2003, 10:45 AM
Played fine, except from MP, I would usually muck 55. Unless it's one of those online tables where 9% are seeing the flop, then I'd raise. Opening from LP, easy blind stealing raise. You really don't want to be called from someone behind you. Well, unless you flop a 5 that is /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Louie Landale
04-29-2003, 01:12 PM
Image or no, don't open 55 in MP. Otherwise played fine.

But ... I feel grouchy today...

coldfold ... favorablish .. impish ... coquettishly (whatever that means) ... transpires ... flatchecks ... smothfolds ... make me feel better.

I'd guess that you are more interested in the "experience" of playing and how you feel than you are in making money. If so, keep playing LL.

- Louie

PS. Upclose, swans are ugly nasty beasts, but I digress...

Binkus
04-29-2003, 01:21 PM
played well except preflop. open raise from mp with 55 is generally going to be a costly play, the only reason I might consider doing this is If I felt that my raises were geting to much respect and even then Id most likely just muck them and would feel no heart burn about tossing it

Yerma
04-29-2003, 02:08 PM
I am not interested in making you feel better for this! This is gross! There is mucous dripping from the tip of my nose after reading this story!

SoBeDude
04-29-2003, 03:08 PM
Hey anyone who can use coquettishly (properly) in a sentence has my respect!

And I think I like coldfold. Let's see, a coldfold is folding crap (when ya miss).

So a hotfold would be folding trips or better when you know you're beat?

On no I'm on a roll. How about a warmfold of middle pair and a backdoor draw? or top pair J or lower kicker?

I'll need time for smoothfold and full hice.

-Scott

offTopic
04-29-2003, 04:06 PM
I'll need time for smoothfold and full hice.

I'm guessing it's because the plural of "mouse" is "mice", thus more than one "full house" equates to "full hice".

Makes perfect sense in context, I think...

SoBeDude
04-30-2003, 12:39 AM
gosh.

why didn't I see that!??

HUSKER'66
04-30-2003, 10:57 AM
Raise with pocket 5's? Wow, your table image must have been a lock /forums/images/icons/cool.gif Punker you need to come out with your own dictionary....."coldfold, impishly, coquettishly", and my favorite...."favorblish". God you got to love poker slang!?! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif