Seat 2: checks
bluefeet: checks
Seat 5: bets 60
2 folds
Seat 1: calls 60
1 fold
<font color="blue">bluefeet: ?????</font>

09-10-2005, 11:52 PM
Call. No point in raising (you don't want a reraise) and folding would be moronic /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ogre
09-10-2005, 11:53 PM
I call here too

durron597
09-10-2005, 11:56 PM
Pot is sooooooooo small. Call.

AtticusFinch
09-11-2005, 12:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Call. No point in raising (you don't want a reraise)

[/ QUOTE ]

Why doesn't he want a reraise? I'd love to be all-in on this flop. You're a favorite to improve to at least a straight.

Call is reasonable, but I see nothing wrong with a modest raise here.

[ QUOTE ]

and folding would be moronic /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed there.

09-11-2005, 01:13 AM
While being allin is a favorable situation, I think that calling is the best option for 2 reasons:

1) Less risk when you do not hit
2) Possibly more action when you do. Calling here encourages others to call as well, which is what you want. You have two more streets to get all your chips in.

Iamafish
09-11-2005, 02:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Call. No point in raising (you don't want a reraise)

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a favorite to improve to at least a straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a whole tourny left in front of you. Just call.

Al P
09-11-2005, 02:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Calling here encourages others to call as well, which is what you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya except he's last to act here.

newhizzle
09-11-2005, 02:14 AM
i wouldnt mind a reraise here, im willing to put all my chips in, but i just call, cuz theres no reason to steal this small pot, i want these people putting more money in later

AtticusFinch
09-11-2005, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i wouldnt mind a reraise here, im willing to put all my chips in, but i just call, cuz theres no reason to steal this small pot, i want these people putting more money in later

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not a small raise that you expect everyone to call? Sweeten the pot when you're in a very favorable position.

Iamafish
09-11-2005, 02:33 AM
Becuase the blinds are 15/30.

You have t1050.

If you miss, you lose.

09-11-2005, 02:43 AM
I think what finch is getting at is that this is a favorable situation, and being all-in on the flop will produce good results in the long run.

I also see your side, and I agree. You can reduce the risk of losing this tournament while calling and still have the benefit of getting all-in once you hit on a later street since the pot is getting juicy.

viennagreen
09-11-2005, 04:09 AM
i disagree that you'll get more action when you hit--- especially if you hit the flush... the straight, maybe-- people pay a straight off more often than a flush.

i like sweetening the pot here--- it doesn't have to be a big raise... and there's no fear of a reraise, so...

bones
09-11-2005, 05:02 AM
While it's a great drawing hand, I dont think its a "jizz all over myself trying to get my chips in" hand. At this point, you have J high with a draw to the non-nut straight and non-nut flush that is susceptible to redraws if it gets there on the turn.

I like a call here.

AtticusFinch
09-11-2005, 05:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think what finch is getting at is that this is a favorable situation, and being all-in on the flop will produce good results in the long run.

I also see your side, and I agree. You can reduce the risk of losing this tournament while calling and still have the benefit of getting all-in once you hit on a later street since the pot is getting juicy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually my argument is neither of these. What I'm getting at is, make a small raise to build a bigger pot, hoping to keep most everyone in. If I get reraised, fine -- I push. I'm not afraid of getting all-in here. But ideally everyone will just call, and I'll have a much bigger pot to push into on later streets if I do hit.

As a bonus, if the pot is bigger, my push is more likely to be called when I do hit.

AtticusFinch
09-11-2005, 05:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i disagree that you'll get more action when you hit--- especially if you hit the flush... the straight, maybe-- people pay a straight off more often than a flush.

i like sweetening the pot here--- it doesn't have to be a big raise... and there's no fear of a reraise, so...

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

AtticusFinch
09-11-2005, 05:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
While it's a great drawing hand, I dont think its a "jizz all over myself trying to get my chips in" hand. At this point, you have J high with a draw to the non-nut straight and non-nut flush that is susceptible to redraws if it gets there on the turn.

I like a call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually you are drawing to the nut straight on one end (the 7, not the Q). You're right about the flush, but if you use 2 cards in a flush, the odds of someone else also having a flush are &lt; 1% here. You can pretty much assume that if you hit either big draw, you have the best hand (unless the board pairs). The times when you lose are roughly made up for by the times you hit successive jacks, nines, etc.

bones
09-11-2005, 05:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually you are drawing to the nut straight

[/ QUOTE ]

I realized this was partially true after I posted. Hitting the 7 makes the nuts, the Q does not, although it's difficult to imagine AJ staying in for any heavy action.

bones
09-11-2005, 05:13 AM
I think we should both proofread better. Meh.

AtticusFinch
09-11-2005, 05:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Actually you are drawing to the nut straight

[/ QUOTE ]

I realized this was partially true after I posted. Hitting the 7 makes the nuts, the Q does not, although it's difficult to imagine AJ staying in for any heavy action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. And you hold a J, making AJ less likely. If you get all in and lose to a gutshot -- that's poker.

AtticusFinch
09-11-2005, 05:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think we should both proofread better. Meh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hah I edit like 75% of my posts 5 seconds after posting them hehe.

Holla.

smokingrobot
09-11-2005, 05:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Call. No point in raising (you don't want a reraise) and folding would be moronic /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

axeshigh
09-11-2005, 06:00 PM
You need a bigger pot to increase your chances of getting paid if you hit. You don't mind going all-in. Raise. (Basically, whatever Atticus said).