PDA

View Full Version : Rick Fox home with Vanessa for playoffs. Good-bye 4 peat

Clarkmeister
04-29-2003, 02:48 AM
Whatever slim chances the Lakers had for a 4th consecutive title (and I think they had almost no shot prior to this) just went out the door with Fox being gone for the remainder of the playoffs. Even the Zen-master can't save them this time.

I still think Sacramento is far and away the best team, but Dallas is playing pretty well. I'm thinking that's the NBA title game, down there in the West Conference Semi's.

IrishHand
04-29-2003, 09:23 AM
Fox isn't the player he was 5 years ago...he's a valuable spare part, but no more so than any of a half-dozen other guys on the Laker roster. Long as the other half-dozen are committed to defense and the offensive scheme (aka get the ball to Shaq or Kobe and run around), they'll be fine.

This is how I look at it - do the Lakers win each of the last 3 titiles without Fox? I think so. This year's team is functionally no different from last year's team - at least not at this point. Certainly, the first 1/2 of the year was an embarassment, but in the new year, they've been the same Lakers we've seen for the past 3 years. Of course, being tied 2-2 with the Wolves isn't the most promising state of affairs, but I have faith. Guess we'll have to wait and see... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

andyfox
04-29-2003, 12:32 PM
The Lakers will be better without Fox. Shaw and Rush will contribute more towards winning than Fox did. If Kobe starts to shoot well, Minnesota is finished.

I agree that Sacramento is the best team, but they were the best team last year too. If Vlade wasn't so stupid, they would win going away.

Don't count the zen-master out just yet.