PDA

View Full Version : Can dogs get drunk?

Jailhouse
09-10-2005, 08:55 PM
I have a bet going with my friend that dogs can't drunk. I remebered reading somewhere that they couldn't. I googled the crap out of this but I can't find the answer. Anyone know for sure? Thanks.

TheIrishThug
09-10-2005, 08:57 PM
i would put money on yes, they can get drunk. y would alcohol not have similar effect on a dog?

JaBlue
09-10-2005, 08:58 PM
One time in highschool my friend gave the dog rum and coke. The drunk dog then proceeded to recieve a blowjob from a sober dog. Both dogs were male and neither were mine, so in conclusion yes dogs can get drunk.

Jailhouse
09-10-2005, 09:01 PM
I have no reasonable answer for this. My only defense is that I remember reading somewhere that they can't /images/graemlins/confused.gif

tdp
09-10-2005, 09:01 PM
Oh yeah,they can get drunk and stoned.When I was a teenager,I turned my dad's dog into a pathetic drunk pothead.If you opened a beer or sparked up a bowl,that pup would just go nuts.he'd bite you if you didn't give him a drink.

Jailhouse
09-10-2005, 09:03 PM
Can someone post a link regarding this. I want to see some scientific evidence before I conceed this bet.

benfranklin
09-10-2005, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
dogs can't drunk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dogs can drunk. And they get drunk if people give them alcohol.

And drunks who give alcohol to dogs are too stupid to have dogs.

jokerthief
09-10-2005, 09:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can someone post a link regarding this. I want to see some scientific evidence before I conceed this bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

www.candogsgetdrunk.com/ (http://www.candogsgetdrunk.com/)

Hamish McBagpipe
09-10-2005, 09:18 PM
http://www.basic-fm.de/contentframe_funstuff/Pics_Videos/DrunkDog.jpg

whiskeytown
09-10-2005, 09:32 PM
I don't think I'd want a drunk dog around anyways -

I will say this, though, cats on catnip are the funniest thing ever - totally stoned - /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RB

zephed
09-11-2005, 10:26 PM
Yes, I have seen one at a party. It was pretty funny. It was having a little trouble with balance.

09-11-2005, 10:27 PM
Yes its possible and its animal abuse

Alobar
09-11-2005, 10:29 PM
my dog LOVES beer, like she goes nuts when me and my friends are sitting around drinking. Paws at your leg and starts barking if you dont give her any.

I've never given her enough to see if she gets drunk tho (and I never will). I have to actually keep my eye on my friends around her tho, because they try and do [censored] like fill up her water bowl with beer cuz they wanna see if shell get drunk. Bastards

zephed
09-12-2005, 03:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What does it do to them?

newhizzle
09-12-2005, 04:00 AM
im pretty sure thay can, but my friend has a cat thats a cokehead

brassnuts
09-12-2005, 04:01 AM
Of course the [censored] can. Almost anything can get drunk from alcohol.

09-12-2005, 04:03 AM
I've heard stories of dogs getting high ala hot-box type effects

09-12-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What does it do to them?

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt it has any long lasting bad effects, but if you can't see that it's wrong and abusive to get an animal drunk, then you have some serious psychological problems.

09-12-2005, 02:49 PM
one time on tv I saw a gorilla hammering down a smoke in his habitat area

steelcmg
09-12-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
my dog LOVES beer, like she goes nuts when me and my friends are sitting around drinking. Paws at your leg and starts barking if you dont give her any.

[/ QUOTE ]

My buddies dog does the same thing it goes nuts untill u give it some. U cant let beer sit on the table or it will knock it over to get to it.

WackityWhiz
09-12-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
one time on tv I saw a gorilla hammering down a smoke in his habitat area

[/ QUOTE ]

the smoking ape (http://www.big-boys.com/articles/smokeape.html)

Lazymeatball
09-12-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What does it do to them?

[/ QUOTE ]

It gets them drunk, with all the similar side effects getting drunk has on people.

At the animal hospital I work at we refer to it as "alcohol toxicity." They usually get them on IV fluids as alcohol onviously leads to dehydration problems. Dogs can also experience vomiting and diarrhea as a result. More serious cases would probably invovle a stomach pumping or the administration of activated charcoal orally to help absorb some of the toxins remaining in the stomach. Assuming it's not a large dose of booze and only a one time occurence, long term effects should be minimal.

We also get the occasional dog that got into the stash of pot brownies. These have to be watched pretty carefully as they can experience cardiac issues, probably caused moreso by the chocolate in the brownies, but marijuana can increase heartrate as well. They generally just look really stoned though.

Seriously, why would you think alcohol wouldn't get dogs drunk. I mean, horse tranquilizers sure as hell get people crunked up.

Dave G.
09-12-2005, 02:56 PM
Spike your dogs water with a half shot of vodka. Sit back for ensuing laughter. (Note, if you have a small dog, use a smaller amount of alcohol.)

09-12-2005, 02:57 PM
Of Course dogs can get drunk.

09-12-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the smoking ape

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks i was pretty sure when i saw it for the first time that it was one of the funniest things ive ever seen but now i am sure of it, definately

Lazymeatball
09-12-2005, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Spike your dogs water with a half shot of vodka. Sit back for ensuing laughter. (Note, if you have a small dog, use a smaller amount of alcohol.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, just don't.

imported_The Vibesman
09-12-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is also hilarious with children 3 and under.

In all seriousness, anyone who would get a dog drunk for entertainment or any purpose should probably be arrested, and at the very least, fined around $2,000.

benfranklin
09-12-2005, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

My buddies dog does the same thing it goes nuts untill u give it some. U cant let beer sit on the table or it will knock it over to get to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dogs who like beer were taught that behaviour by ignorant owners.

benfranklin
09-12-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There should be a law that a dog owner has to be smarter than the dog.