PDA

View Full Version : Will The Yankees Make the Post-Season?

KramerTM
09-10-2005, 08:27 PM

Jack of Arcades
09-10-2005, 09:05 PM
I think jesusearenque are making a few people eat their words from the beginning of the season.

ThaSaltCracka
09-10-2005, 09:11 PM
how so? I don't recall what he said.

battschr
09-10-2005, 09:13 PM
He bet either that the Yanks wouldn't win the division or that they wouldn't make the playoffs, I don't remember which.

andyfox
09-10-2005, 09:37 PM
I've been saying they wouldn't make it from the beginning. They're certainly a long shot now, one would think.

Jack of Arcades
09-10-2005, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He said the Yanks wouldn't make the playoffs even before the season started and got laughed at, even when they got off to a horrendous start.

ThaSaltCracka
09-10-2005, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He said the Yanks wouldn't make the playoffs even before the season started and got laughed at, even when they got off to a horrendous start.

[/ QUOTE ]ne real though, that prediction (if it happens) is more luck than anything else. Before you reg. on here I made a bet during the ALCS with three posters on here that the Yankees would sweep boston. They almost did, but thats irrelevant. people make bold predictions all the time.

Note: This does not discredit his opinion at all. Dude knows what he is talking about.

battschr
09-10-2005, 09:49 PM
I think he actually made a bet too, possibly with Dead, good luck getting paid off there.

ThaSaltCracka
09-10-2005, 09:50 PM
I paid mine. I almost won $42 on a $3 total bet /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jack of Arcades
09-10-2005, 09:50 PM
Why's it luck?

There were very real concerns for the Yankees coming into the season that most people either didn't know about or didn't care to think about.

battschr
09-10-2005, 09:52 PM
Yeah, I didn't think it was THAT bold of a prediction either.

pokerdirty
09-10-2005, 09:52 PM
Dead voted for division winner in his heart.

ThaSaltCracka
09-10-2005, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why's it luck?

There were very real concerns for the Yankees coming into the season that most people either didn't know about or didn't care to think about.

[/ QUOTE ]because other than pitching, their team was stacked. Them making the playoffs was defintely possibly. In fact, highly possible.

battschr
09-10-2005, 09:59 PM
Pitching is a pretty major thing. And their offense was ageing. Add that to being in a division with Boston and 2 good teams out west and it didn't look like a sure thing for the Yanks.

ThaSaltCracka
09-10-2005, 10:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it didn't look like a sure thing for the Yanks.

[/ QUOTE ]a sure thing compared to years past? Perhaps, but discounting the Yankees before the season has started is pretty bold.

battschr
09-10-2005, 10:05 PM
Agreed, they certainly aren't a lock to miss the playoff, but I thought it was a good bet at the time. Plus he got 4-1 odds on it.

Lazymeatball
09-11-2005, 05:48 AM
I thought Yankee Pitching actually looked improved over the off season with the additions of Pavano and Johnson, who at the time were going to be big improvement over the likes of Lieber and that other guy.

And I don't recall there being two good teams in the AL west at the start of the year. Nobody expected much from Oakland, especially after they cashed out half their pitching staff.

Victor
09-11-2005, 06:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've been saying they wouldn't make it from the beginning. They're certainly a long shot now, one would think.

[/ QUOTE ]

funny the difference in demeaner and expectation. us clevelanders have just been waitin for the tribe to slip (like last yr)and are now entering only cautiosly optimistic zone.

Dynasty
09-11-2005, 06:21 PM
The Yankees will play 13 of their last 20 games on the road. That's going to make reacjomg the playoffs even harder. They're only 33-35 on the road this year.

Meanwhile, the Red Sox will play 11 of their last 20 games at home where they are 48-22.

The Indians also have the majority of their remainging games at home. They've also got 7 games against Kansas City.

jesusarenque
09-11-2005, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He bet either that the Yanks wouldn't win the division or that they wouldn't make the playoffs, I don't remember which.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet Dead that the Yankees would not win the AL East this year. 4-1 odds.

andyfox
09-11-2005, 07:29 PM
"That's going to make reacjomg the playoffs even harder."

I agmbkx.

Seriously, good points. Plus, while Baltimore and Toronto are not good teams, they hit pretty well, and thus are better equiped to handle the Yankees' weaknesses than other teams who might be better but don't swing the bats as well.

The Yankees are a longshot to make it.

craig r
09-11-2005, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did he lay it? If so, I am positive that you got the best of that bet. I don't remember what the line was on them, but I know they werent -400 to win the division.

craig

jesusarenque
09-11-2005, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did he lay it? If so, I am positive that you got the best of that bet. I don't remember what the line was on them, but I know they werent -400 to win the division.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Winning that bet is looking good. Collecting, on the other hand...

craig r
09-11-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, I might be able to lay 4:1 that you don't get your money /images/graemlins/smile.gif .

craig

09-11-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, I might be able to lay 4:1 that you don't get your money /images/graemlins/smile.gif .

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

How is he supposed to pay up if he's banned?

jesusarenque
09-12-2005, 12:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

How is he supposed to pay up if he's banned?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. Get a new account?

Voltron87
09-12-2005, 12:23 AM
how much is the bet for?

KramerTM
09-28-2005, 09:28 PM
Had to bump it. Go Yanks!

kyro
09-28-2005, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how much is the bet for?

[/ QUOTE ]

Looking to pay up since you've taken over his avatar?

Voltron87
09-28-2005, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how much is the bet for?

[/ QUOTE ]

Looking to pay up since you've taken over his avatar?

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhh, me= dead, same person. did you not get the memo?

mostsmooth
09-28-2005, 10:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why's it luck?

[/ QUOTE ]
at the start of the season, somebody here proclaimed it would be a miracle if kevin brown won 5 games for the saeason.