PDA

View Full Version : Top 2 in Unraised Pot

donkey
09-10-2005, 08:22 PM
2/4 NL

effective stack sizes = 400

I limp UTG with AQs. UTG+2 calls, 1 other caller. BB checks.

Flop A58 rainbow. I lead for 14. UTG+2 calls. everyone else folds.

Turn is a Q completing the rainbow. I lead for 50. UTG+2 pushes.

Call? Fold? Flip a coin? No reads on villain.

JMa
09-10-2005, 08:56 PM
fold. also dont limp aqs.

flawless_victory
09-10-2005, 09:12 PM
heads, you ship the money to villain...
tails, you just player transfer it to me?

ryanghall
09-10-2005, 10:22 PM
I disagree with "don't limp AQs" in early position at 2/4 NL, if we are talking about full ring games.

1) If reraised, you have to fold
2) If you hit your flop, you have to play the hand out of position. You are very vulnerable to bluffs and people who get aggressive with worse aces. If someone flops a better hand, it's hard to tell who is ahead before you put a lot of money in the pot.

An alternate line in this limped pot could be to check-call the flop and lead the turn. I use this line a lot and I really like it. It makes the hand much easier to play when you're out of position. Give it a try next time in this situation (and when you have AQ in the blinds and you hit your flop).

Ryan

partygirluk
09-10-2005, 11:03 PM
Is this a standard lay down? I would be concerned about being up v a5 or a8.

donkey
09-11-2005, 12:03 AM
i raise AQs 90% of the time but sometimes i'll limp just to switch it up. I'm not limping AQoffsuit OOP. in this hand I put villain on AJs/ATs on the flop, or possibly 2 pair Axsuited. generally when a blank hit's the turn I'll check call in an unraised pot, but when the Q hit the turn i figured i should get some value out of it. The all-in made me think it had to be a set or possibly lower 2 pair, with set being way too likely too call that much.

Anyone check/call the turn?

tradingman123
09-11-2005, 03:08 AM
hi, i would lead on the turn and fold to the push... unless u think the villain would laydown A/J or A/10 type hands when you bet again the turn. i do not think most opp would push with just 2 pair...

Allinlife
09-11-2005, 03:10 AM
call everytime expecting to see worse hands more than those that have you beat.

09-11-2005, 04:13 AM
I think with the board being a complete rainbow and only a small straight draw possibility if this guy had a set he would have done a min raise on the turn or flop, but pushing all in i think he has a weaker 2 pair, and doesnt want hero to catch a higher two pair, i just dont think this would be a play of someone who has the best hand.

09-11-2005, 04:34 AM
I would call without hesitation. I'd see a weak ace or A5 or A8 here more often than a set...[/drunk]

Lucky
09-11-2005, 05:03 AM
A read is important, even a tight/not so tight read.

If he's not a clown, he's got a set or smaller two pair. The only thing is, a tight player doesnt limp UTG+1 with Ax8x or Ax5x. So the tighter the player, the more likely a set.

Anyway, I probably fold,but i suspect calling is correct.

tradingman123
09-11-2005, 10:13 AM
Hero has invested ~60 in the pot and will have to call 340 to find out if his 2 pr is good or not. Hero is dead against a set and I see villain having the set here way too many times for calling to be correct.

partygirluk
09-11-2005, 10:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hero has invested ~60 in the pot and will have to call 340 to find out if his 2 pr is good or not. Hero is dead against a set and I see villain having the set here way too many times for calling to be correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

Terrible post.

Jocke_F
09-11-2005, 11:52 AM
I say fold without a d0nk read on the opponent.

09-11-2005, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A read is important, even a tight/not so tight read.

If he's not a clown, he's got a set or smaller two pair. The only thing is, a tight player doesnt limp UTG+1 with Ax8x or Ax5x. So the tighter the player, the more likely a set.

Anyway, I probably fold,but i suspect calling is correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

i just dont see how he could play a set like this, he really has no worries other than 6 7, why push it here, if he had a set IMO he would try to extract more money seeing as hero is betting the whole way. with the huge overbet all-in what is he expecting to give him a call here? I think at best its 2nd two pair.

tradingman123
09-11-2005, 01:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Terrible post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even worst reply, if you disagree, why dont you post your thoughts instead of bashing the poster?

nWirb
09-11-2005, 01:24 PM
How is hero dead against a set?

partygirluk
09-11-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Terrible post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even worst reply, if you disagree, why dont you post your thoughts instead of bashing the poster?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was hoping you would actually think about your mistakes. You made two fundamental errors. Do you see them?

2PAUL2
09-11-2005, 07:05 PM
nice avatar