PDA

View Full Version : Nut flush draw with 4 players

09-10-2005, 07:41 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
Hero calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks

Sorry, no reads.

Preflop was probably wrong, but it was, on average, 6 players to the flop. If I should still not make this limp, please let me know.

1)My question is should I be betting this draw on the flop? Reasons?
2)If so, what line do I take if I get called by 2 or more players behind me and I miss (c/c)? Does it change if my 3 hits on the turn?

Dunno
09-10-2005, 09:16 PM
Limping pre flop w Ad 3d isnt bad on a lose table.

I would bet the flop and call the turn. If u hit ur 3 on the turn it dosnt change.

sy_or_bust
09-10-2005, 09:18 PM
Fold preflop. This is usually a poor limp at a full table, and you're 7-handed.

ChuckyB
09-10-2005, 09:46 PM
1) Odds against making the flush are about 4:1. I bet this. If you get four callers, you're getting odds to keep betting and raising. Plus being aggressive always looks good. And it's unlikely, but the ace could be an out as well. And don't forget the out for the back-door wheel draw.

2) If you miss the turn you can still bet. Pot is giving you 4:1 at this point. Treat it the same if you hit your 3. That almost certainly won't be the best hand at this point.

In HoH Dan Harrington says in a tourney he only needs about 3:1 from the pot to draw to his flush because he'll get paid on the river if he hits, and he doesn't have to pay on the river if he misses.