PDA

View Full Version : Can't download Ultimate Bet software

Homebrew
09-10-2005, 04:30 PM
Anyone else having trouble downloading the Ultimate Bet software? When I click on the download link, it just sits there and does nothing...doesn't start a download, etc. I have a feeling it's related to my Norton Internet Security software, but I can't figure out what setting to change. Any tips?
Thanks.

rlr
09-10-2005, 05:41 PM
Try: ftp://ftp.ultimatebet.com/public_html/releases/active/ubsetup.exe

if it doesn't work are you getting any sort of error message?

Keith Fellmy
09-10-2005, 08:13 PM
with their new point structure don't download it. Put your money somewhere else.

Homebrew
09-10-2005, 09:05 PM
Can you elaborate? I play on Party and Stars, but I'm looking for another site that has lots of tourney's, particularly not just hold em.

Keith Fellmy
09-11-2005, 11:13 AM
There are many sites that are better than UB. Don't get me wrong...I like UB but after their bonus points restructuring the bonus is almost impossible to clear. So I more than likely won't be going back. When the bonus points were the old way, it still took a long time to clear the bonus now that they halved the point values it will take a hell of a long time to clear the 3,000 dollars that I have in pending bonus money.

problem is that if you don't play at Stars, Party, UB or Paradise the choices become slim...real fast. Absolute is a good site (even with the dodgy software), but any tourney that isn't NLHE won't have many players. Example: 10 + 1 No Limit Hold'em tourney gets 300 players. Okay that is a nice tourney. Pot Limit Omaha 10 + 1 tourney gets 16 players. Not so nice payout. 10 + 1 fixed limit omaha hi/lo might get one full table of players.

Check out all the poker sites. Games like TD lowball 2-7 is on games grid, but no players. Same game on UB and they do have some .25/.50 action and a few 1/2 games.

I guess I should say that as a former bonus whore I only look at the bonuses. If you want to play different games and don't care about bonuses then play at UB. They also have some great pineapple games too.

Planet Poker has pot limit 5 card draw. B2B network sites have 5 card stud.

Hold'em isn't the only game in town, but if you want big multi player tourneys...it is the only game.