PDA

View Full Version : I met the urban legend!!!!

Ulysses
04-28-2003, 07:35 PM
OK, I'm playing 15-30 last night. One of the players is a complete moron. No clue about anything. Another player is a dealer I know very well. At one point, moron turns a full house w/ Q3o (3553) and starts talking about the terrible dealers when a 5 comes on the river and KK wins. Which led to he and the dealer telling us about what happened last year.

Jackpot is about 20k. Dealer I know deals this guy pocket 4s. Flop is capped three ways. Turn makes him quads. Turn is capped three ways. River is also capped three ways. First player turns over Aces full. Lady then turns over a rivered royal flush. Quad 4s guy shows the table (but not the dealer) his hand and says "look at that - I still lose!" and throws his hand face down. Another player screams "Wait! Show that hand." The dealer takes the hand, touches it to the muck, and turns it over. The table erupts. Floorman is called. They check the tape and rule that the dealer correctly killed the hand before turning it over. No jackpot. The guy didn't do it out of malice, he just didn't know anything about a jackpot!

beernutz
04-28-2003, 08:40 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
The dealer takes the hand, touches it to the muck, and turns it over.

[/ QUOTE ]
I bet he was just bathed in tips for the rest of the night.

Ulysses
04-28-2003, 08:49 PM
Which led to he and the dealer telling us about what happened last year.

Wait. "Him" and the dealer, right?

The guy didn't do it out of malice, he just didn't know anything about a jackpot!

And by "guy," I meant the player who showed and mucked his hand, not the dealer.