PDA

View Full Version : PokerAce Heads Up Display - Version 0.27 Released

PokerAce
09-10-2005, 03:11 PM
I'm pleased to announce the release of PokerAce Heads Up Display (PA Hud for short) version 0.27.

Download Version 0.27 here:
http://pokeracesoftware.com

PokerAce Hud is a companion application for the PokerTracker online poker hand history tracking application. PA Hud reads the statistics from PokerTracker and places them directly on the poker client window as you play.

What's New in Version 0.27:

# New Feature: Prima/Ladbrokes support.
# New Feature: Super logging (added to help in debugging).
# New Feature: New Stats: Bet Flop, Bet Turn, Bet River, Bet Total
# New Feature: New Stats: Check Raise Flop, Check Raise Turn, Check Raise River, Check Raise Total
# New Feature: New Stats: Raise Flop, Raise Turn, Raise River, Raise Total
# New Feature: New Stats: Aggression Frequency Flop, Aggr Freq Turn, Aggr Freq River, Aggr Freq Total
# New Feature: New Stats: Continuation Bet
# Changed Feature: PokerStars support allows for optional use of the Instant Hand History window.
# Changed Feature: Popup stats will now display your self stats.
# Changed Feature: SQL statements have been optimized for efficiency (thanks, APerfect10).
# Fixed: Omaha icon descriptions are now correct.
# Fixed: Quotes in player name/table name will no longer cause problems.
# Fixed: William Hill self stats should finally be fixed.
# Fixed: PokerStars 6 max tournament tables should have the "Treat as 6 max" on the right-click menu.
# Fixed: Icons for players with aliases should now work properly.

Prima Support
Support for Prima isn't perfect yet. Currently, you cannot use the mini view and you must use the default sitting (don't use the option to have your seat moved elsewhere). Hopefully these will accounted for in the next version. Also, the animation in Prima causes the stats to flicker. It's not incredibly bad, but some may find it annoying.

PokerStars Support
Due to popular demand, support for the Instant Hand History window has been added back into this version. You now have the option to use the Instant Hand History window (allows for stats on observed tables), or the Hand History files PokerStars writes to disk (allows access to the Instant Hand History window).

Aggression Frequency
The new Aggression Frequency stats have been added as an attempt to better define a player's aggression. This stat uses the formula:

(times_bet + times_raised) / (times_bet + times_raised + times_called + times_folded)

This is a trial stat and may change in future releases. Please use this stat and offer improvements and suggestions if you have any.

If you have a question or problem, please read the documentation included with PA Hud before posting or emailing. Chances are good that your issue is addressed by it.

A lot of the bugs that have been brought to my attention since the last release have been fixed. So if you encounter a bug in this version that you were getting in an older version, please let me know.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them here or on the PokerAce Software forums. I'll be happy to help and listen to your input.

Please join the mailing list on the PokerAce Software website to be notified of new releases by email.

SackUp
09-10-2005, 07:00 PM
Word. Well done as always!

trentcroad
09-10-2005, 11:36 PM
Should be interesting to check out these new agression/betting stats.
Nice work as always.

PokerAce
09-10-2005, 11:58 PM
Thanks guys. From what I've seen, a total aggression frequency of 50-60 seems to be ideal. Most players with good overall stats seem to fit in this range.

smartalecc5
09-11-2005, 01:44 AM
Ya, I;m looking forward to this new feature and to see how well it works.

teddyFBI
09-11-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks guys. From what I've seen, a total aggression frequency of 50-60 seems to be ideal. Most players with good overall stats seem to fit in this range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you mind making a post explaining just what the beef is with the previous PT method of calculating aggression, and how the new formula addresses it? I never really understood what was deficient about the 'old' way.

APerfect10
09-11-2005, 03:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Would you mind making a post explaining just what the beef is with the previous PT method of calculating aggression, and how the new formula addresses it? I never really understood what was deficient about the 'old' way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me try to help. People have complained of two problems with 'Aggression Factor' as defined by PT:

1. If a player sees 100 flops, bets 10, calls 2 and folds the rest (88) his PT Aggression Factor (AF) is 5.00 which would appear that he is aggressive. I personally wouldnt call a player that only bets 10 of 100 flops aggressive.

2. A lot of people have complained that AF does not account for a users VP$IP. They state that a user who sees 40% of the flops should be betting less and calling more than a user who sees 20% of the flops.

PokerAce and myself have come up with a formula that includes all the variables that aggression factor uses but also takes into account the frequency of their aggression. Hence the name. The aggression frequency is based on a scale of 0 - 100. 0 meaning bets the least and 100 meaning does nothing but bets. This solves #1 listed above but not #2. In #1 above, the user's aggression frequency would be:

10 + 0 / 10 + 2 + 88 = 10 which would indicate that he isnt frequently aggressive.

We believe aggression frequency can help us narrow down the cards that a player is betting with. The user described above, with an aggression frequency of 10 is obviously only betting TPTK (if that) and better.

Aggression frequency does not do anything for problem #2 described above. Why? Well, I did an in-depth study that looked at the correlation between aggression frequency vs bb/100 and aggression factor vs bb/100. In BOTH cases, the optimum aggression (frequency & factor) was nearly identical for tight players, slightly loose players and loose players; therefore, I do not believe #2 is really a problem at all. While it is seems logical that a tight player should have a higher Aggression frequency and aggression factor the numbers do not back the claim up.

Overall, I believe that Aggression frequency is the better of the two stats. Not only is it more indicative of what I perceive as aggression, it should also help us better narrow down potential holdings of the player betting the street.

I hope that helps you understand the situation a little better. If you or anyone else has any questions or comments, I would be more than happy to respond.

Kumubou
09-11-2005, 04:54 AM
Is there any way to get PokerAce to work properly with PokerStars 6-max games auto-importing games while you play? Even with the 6-max toggle on the main screen, PokerTracker just imports the 6-max sessions into the appropiate full ring limit, and PokerAce can not find any appropiate HHs in the database (only ones from previous sessions played and properly tagged at 6-max).

-K

imported_azalin
09-11-2005, 09:08 AM
Excellent job! Aggresion as defined in PT in fact was not perfect. This is what is infact needed to better determine a players' holdings in each street. I cannot express my gratitude enough. Thanks again. I have one question. What is "# New Feature: New Stats: Continuation Bet" ?

Luv2DriveTT
09-11-2005, 10:49 AM
May I recommend a new stat so we can compare aggression to passivity:

CALLING Frequency
I believe this stat would therefore use a formula such as:

(times_called + times_cold called) / (times_bet + times_raised + times_called + times_folded)

times cold called is added above with the attempt to develop a weighted scale. I do not expect this to be a valid formula, I think if someone did a bit of research to determine a divisor we might find the optimal weight.

With the advance acknowledgment that the formula is still flawed, comments anyone?

APerfect10
09-11-2005, 11:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What is "# New Feature: New Stats: Continuation Bet" ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Continuation bet is the percentage of times that a 'Pre Flop Raiser' (PFR) bets the flop when checked to.

APerfect10
09-11-2005, 11:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
May I recommend a new stat so we can compare aggression to passivity:

CALLING Frequency
I believe this stat would therefore use a formula such as:

(times_called + times_cold called) / (times_bet + times_raised + times_called + times_folded)

times cold called is added above with the attempt to develop a weighted scale. I do not expect this to be a valid formula, I think if someone did a bit of research to determine a divisor we might find the optimal weight.

With the advance acknowledgment that the formula is still flawed, comments anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that is a good stat to complement Aggression Frequency. You should be able to get a good idea of what this number would be using Aggression Frequency and Folds to <street> Bet. But it would be useful to have...

As you mentioned, these formula's (Aggression Frequency & Calling Frequency) would probably best be served if they were weighted. I know this was discussed briefly in the other thread and some people threw out arbitrary numbers. I was not comfortable adding a formula with arbitrary weights. So right now they are all weighted the same, one.

I'm in the middle of research that should give me a fairly accurate representation of what the associated weights should be. Hopefully we can then incorporate this into the next version.

With that said, I believe the weights will only be a slight enhancement that makes this stat even more accurate. Currently, even with the weights set at one, I believe that Aggression Frequency is more useful than Aggression Factor. Adding appropriate weights will only be icing on top.

Luv2DriveTT
09-11-2005, 12:15 PM
Unlike the agression factor numbers, weighting I think is necessary for calling frequency to emphasize the difference between the difference between cold calling and calling, as we all know a player who frequently cold calls is the player we want at our tables. If the calling figure does not include cold calling, then then perhaps we should double or triple the value of the cold calling statistic for the use in this formula. If however cold calling is already included in the called statistic then we may not need a weighted figure after all.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

Mizzles
09-11-2005, 12:39 PM
I downloaded the new version -- Where are the new stats? When I click on the person the pokerace information window still looks the way it did before, I don't see any of the new stuff

trentcroad
09-11-2005, 12:49 PM
I think its only on the layout so u have to add it to one of the things u display on the tables. I could be wrong here however.

BlueBear
09-11-2005, 12:56 PM
Has anybody got the latest Pokerace working with Omaha in Prima? Unfortunately, I can't get this working although it works with Holdem.

PokerAce
09-11-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is there any way to get PokerAce to work properly with PokerStars 6-max games auto-importing games while you play? Even with the 6-max toggle on the main screen, PokerTracker just imports the 6-max sessions into the appropiate full ring limit, and PokerAce can not find any appropiate HHs in the database (only ones from previous sessions played and properly tagged at 6-max).

-K

[/ QUOTE ]

If you only play 6 max games on PokerStars, you can uncheck the option that filters by current limit only. Otherwise, there's really nothing you can do until PokerTracker adds a feature that allows you to specify that the table it is currently importing is a 6 max table.

PokerAce
09-11-2005, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I downloaded the new version -- Where are the new stats? When I click on the person the pokerace information window still looks the way it did before, I don't see any of the new stuff

[/ QUOTE ]

As another poster mentioned, you'll need to add these to the layouts. Check out the Layout Manager documentation in Help -> Topics.

PokerAce
09-11-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Has anybody got the latest Pokerace working with Omaha in Prima? Unfortunately, I can't get this working although it works with Holdem.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a bug in the Prima Omaha games. I'll get this fixed and a patch released in the next day or two.

PokerAce
09-11-2005, 09:29 PM
I'm pleased to announce the release of PokerAce Heads Up Display (PA Hud for short) version 0.28.

Download Version 0.28 here:
http://pokeracesoftware.com

What's New in Version 0.28:

# Fixed: Self stats problem some people were experiencing.
# Fixed: Omaha support for Prima now works properly.

This is a minor patch to release 0.27, please read the release notes for that release above.

If you have a question or problem, please read the documentation included with PA Hud before posting or emailing. Chances are good that your issue is addressed by it.

A lot of the bugs that have been brought to my attention since the last release have been fixed. So if you encounter a bug in this version that you were getting in an older version, please let me know.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them here or in the PokerAce Software forums. I'll be happy to help and listen to your input.

Please join the mailing list in the PokerAce Hud section to be notified of new releases by email.

DavidC
09-12-2005, 12:25 AM
/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The site appears to be down, and my pokerace just expired...

Do I have to set my clock back on my computer now?

PokerAce
09-12-2005, 02:00 AM
Keep trying, it seems to be up now.

DavidC
09-12-2005, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Keep trying, it seems to be up now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well... it appears I can't get in at this point... I"ll try tomorrow.

This is an awesome piece of software, thanks a lot!!

I do have a feature suggestion, though, two of them, and they're related.

It would be nice to be able to mimic seat #1's configuration across all seats, so that you don't have to set up each seat separately, and so that all the seats are the same rather than slightly different. It would just look cleaner that way. Kinda like cut-and-paste. I guess the routine would have to make sure that none of the stats flew off the page, where you wouldn't be able to access them. Also, you'd have to pick a standard: absolute or relative position to the table (i.e. if icon is at bottom of seat 1, is it at the bottom or the top of seat 6?). I'd suggest absolute, and then people can adjust the position of icons later (as the important things to remain uniform at the stat positions).

This would save us some time.

I'd also like to be able to, with this uniform information in the seats, set up tables like this too, at other formats:

Two options: "transfer with ranges", "transfer without ranges". (transfer without ranges could either transfer and reset ranges to default or leave them the way they are)

If you set up your party full ring the way you like it, then "transferred with ranges" to their 9-max settings, meaning that it takes all the player stats and it's position, relative to seat #1, and copies that setting to all seats on the party-9-max tables, as well as the table averages and moves them relativet to the top center of the table. It's also goes through each setting (VPIP), finds the colour-ranges and transfers those over.

At the 6-max, you choose "transfer without ranges", and it moves all the stats for player one, and all the table stats, but doesn't cahnge teh colour ranges (you would do that yourself).

You could also go party-6-max to pokerstars 6-max, etc.

I'm not sure how difficult this would be to implement, as I'm pretty crappy at coding, so if I've told you to sail to the edge of the world, I'm sorry.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PokerAce
09-12-2005, 04:41 AM
You might want to check to see if you are being blocked by a firewall. Many people have downloaded the update tonight, so I'm sure it's been up the majority of the time.

Functionality similar to what you want already exists. In the layout manager, under the options menu, there's an option to duplicate player seat. This takes the stats from one seat and positions the stats for the other seats in the same manner as the seat you chose.

I plan on adding more functionality to the Layout Manager to make it more friendly to work with. What you are asking for is similar to what I had in mind, so it's not asking too much.

DavidC
09-12-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You might want to check to see if you are being blocked by a firewall. Many people have downloaded the update tonight, so I'm sure it's been up the majority of the time.

Functionality similar to what you want already exists. In the layout manager, under the options menu, there's an option to duplicate player seat. This takes the stats from one seat and positions the stats for the other seats in the same manner as the seat you chose.

I plan on adding more functionality to the Layout Manager to make it more friendly to work with. What you are asking for is similar to what I had in mind, so it's not asking too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I got in eventually. I don't know if it was a firewall or not, as I haven't set one up on my computer. I do have a router, though, but I didn't change anything in order to get there, also, during this time I could browse the web no problem.

Wow... It's great that you already have this feature! Good job!

Any idea when you are going commercial with this program?

PokerAce
09-12-2005, 03:24 PM
As I mentioned before, if I go commercial, it will only be after PA Hud is feature complete and rock solid. At any rate, I'm going to add support for the following sites prior to going commercial if I choose to do so:

Ultimate Bet
Full Tilt
PokerRoom
Pacific

It will likely take me at least until the end of the year to get all these sites added along with the many other features I have planned, if not longer. So PA Hud will definitely be free for at least that long.

Also, as I mentioned before, if I do go commercial, the price will be no more than $20-25.

Mizzles
09-12-2005, 05:38 PM
First let me say you are 'the man' around poker town these days. When you first said you were going to create a program that does what playerview does, I was like "yeah right, we'll see."

Not only did you create one, you made one that BLOWS AWAY the competition and it's not even close.

Suggestion:

How about being able to customize the information displayed in the box when you click on the players name? I love all the new stats, but having them on the screen is creating a lot of clutter.

Also the biggest stat missing is the win% if bet/raise river.

Question: The "bet if checked to" stat -- this mostly useful if it were "bet if checked to and last to act"

IE if a player is 2nd to act out of 7 people, the first person checks and he bets, this doesn't mean as much as if all 6 checked then he bet.

Does this stat incorporate "if last to act" or is it simply bet if checked to, regardless of their position?

Thanks, and keep up the good work

PS your 'customer service' ROCKS as well, you are so quick to respond to all comments, much appreciated!!

theRealMacoy
09-12-2005, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

How about being able to customize the information displayed in the box when you click on the players name? I love all the new stats, but having them on the screen is creating a lot of clutter.

[/ QUOTE ]

this feature already exists -- simply go to the layout manager and click "edit" then click "configure popup stats"

as far as the rest is concerned you will need to speak to the main man, pokerace.

cheers,
the Real Macoy

ps. sweet work on the upgrades!

any chance of paradise getting into that list?

PokerAce
09-12-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First let me say you are 'the man' around poker town these days. When you first said you were going to create a program that does what playerview does, I was like "yeah right, we'll see."

Not only did you create one, you made one that BLOWS AWAY the competition and it's not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. Once I decided to go all out, I was determined to make something at least as good, if not better, than what was already out there. Mainly to prove those who doubted me wrong. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TheRealMacoy already addressed your one suggestion, I'll address the rest.

[ QUOTE ]
Also the biggest stat missing is the win% if bet/raise river.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a stat I would like to add. It will more likely be in terms of "Won Showdown when Raised Street", "Won Showdown when Check Raised Street"

[ QUOTE ]
Question: The "bet if checked to" stat -- this mostly useful if it were "bet if checked to and last to act"

IE if a player is 2nd to act out of 7 people, the first person checks and he bets, this doesn't mean as much as if all 6 checked then he bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, it would be useful to have a stat that shows this. Unfortunately, I think it would be too CPU intensive to calculate for each player.

[ QUOTE ]
Does this stat incorporate "if last to act" or is it simply bet if checked to, regardless of their position?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's simply the percentage of time the player bets when checked to, regardless of position.

[ QUOTE ]
PS your 'customer service' ROCKS as well, you are so quick to respond to all comments, much appreciated!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, again, I'm trying my best. I know how much it sucks to deal with poor support.

PokerAce
09-12-2005, 08:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
any chance of paradise getting into that list?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MarkL444
09-12-2005, 08:22 PM
you rule

pfkaok
09-12-2005, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a stat I would like to add. It will more likely be in terms of "Won Showdown when Raised Street", "Won Showdown when Check Raised Street"

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this is about the only stat not yet on there that i'd really like to see.

btw. this program is amazing, and my only problem with it is with all these new stats there's not enough room to fit everything i want on the full table games. luckily i'm playing 6max these days.

imported_azalin
09-13-2005, 05:42 AM
I would also like to see the "bet if checked to and last to act" stat. Keep up the EXCELLENT job.

marand
09-13-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What is "# New Feature: New Stats: Continuation Bet" ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Continuation bet is the percentage of times that a 'Pre Flop Raiser' (PFR) bets the flop when checked to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it would be nice to have a continuation bet for the turn also. If he bet the flop and nobody raised, how often will he bet the turn again. Perhaps different for a pot HU on the flop or multiway.

A lot of people will always continue with a bet on the flop if they raised preflop, some will almost always bet again on the turn, but some will slow down unless they actually have something.

PokerAce
09-13-2005, 09:56 PM
I can see how a stat like this would be pretty useful. I'll look into it.

witeknite
09-13-2005, 10:14 PM
I feel this would be by far more usefull than the flop continuation bet. I tried it breifly but once I saw it was almost universally 100 I turned it off.

WiteKnite

PokerAce
09-13-2005, 10:51 PM
The Flop Continuation bet is really more useful for NL players, even though it does have its uses at limit.

oreogod
09-14-2005, 02:29 AM
Maybe its just me, but .28 of PA whenever I load tables and hit Treat as 6max...it seems to lock up and I have to force it to shutdown the program. This seems to be whenever I start using 2 or more tables. (this is on Pokerstars)

This doesnt happen everytime, but Id say 1 out of 3 tries it happens. enough to be irratating.

Tk79
09-14-2005, 07:36 AM
Quick suggestion:

On game time when the player hadnt called a bet yet his aggression showed as an infinity sign instead of 0.0. This is extremely helpfull for players that you only have 50 or so hands on.

EDIT: and please if it doesnt take but a few minutes show Mogobu how to fix the pokergrapher for postgres

Rick Nebiolo
09-14-2005, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. Once I decided to go all out, I was determined to make something at least as good, if not better, than what was already out there. Mainly to prove those who doubted me wrong. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have skimmed your blog (http://pkrace.blogspot.com/2005_07_01_pkrace_archive.html) and was shocked to see you have tried to play full time for five months.

The world needs more good software developers (including the great customer service), not more poker players! /images/graemlins/grin.gif Keep poker part time!

Anyway, wish you success with your fine program.

Regards,

Rick

PokerAce
09-14-2005, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe its just me, but .28 of PA whenever I load tables and hit Treat as 6max...it seems to lock up and I have to force it to shutdown the program. This seems to be whenever I start using 2 or more tables. (this is on Pokerstars)

This doesnt happen everytime, but Id say 1 out of 3 tries it happens. enough to be irratating.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are using the IHH method, try the Hand History method and vice versa. Let me know if this makes a difference.

I will look into this and see if I can reproduce it. If so, I should be able to fix it easily.

PokerAce
09-14-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quick suggestion:

On game time when the player hadnt called a bet yet his aggression showed as an infinity sign instead of 0.0. This is extremely helpfull for players that you only have 50 or so hands on.

EDIT: and please if it doesnt take but a few minutes show Mogobu how to fix the pokergrapher for postgres

[/ QUOTE ]

PA Hud already uses "oo" to represent infinite aggression when a player never calls.

It looks like someone else it taking a crack at adding PostgreSQL support to PokerGrapher.

PokerAce
09-14-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have skimmed your blog (http://pkrace.blogspot.com/2005_07_01_pkrace_archive.html) and was shocked to see you have tried to play full time for five months.

The world needs more good software developers (including the great customer service), not more poker players! /images/graemlins/grin.gif Keep poker part time!

Anyway, wish you success with your fine program.

Regards,

Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, high expenses, low limits, low savings and lots of negative variance made being a pro difficult. However, it gave me a lot of spare time to work on PA Hud. I'm actually going back to work for a while until I get my expenses lower and make it to the higher limits. I'm hoping this won't limit the amount of time I can spend on PA Hud too much.

Thanks for the well wishes.

skaughty
09-14-2005, 04:49 PM
Thanks for adding Prima. I just used to to my advantage yesterday to ensure that I should push against a donkey. He was a 2-1 underdog and hit. The HUD gave me the confidence that I'd be seeing my money back and more, as long as I made him pay for draws. Sure enough I more than covered my initial loss. Time to hit your website and donate! You do sincerely seem to appreciate the support.

Scott

krimson
09-14-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you are using the IHH method, try the Hand History method and vice versa. Let me know if this makes a difference.

I will look into this and see if I can reproduce it. If so, I should be able to fix it easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have this issue as well, it happens on Cryptologic as well so it's not a stars specific problem.

It almost seems like it's happening if you try and switch to 6-max in the middle of pokerace updating that table.

This issue happens constantly for me, so I can turn on logging if you want some data?

PokerAce
09-14-2005, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Time to hit your website and donate! You do sincerely seem to appreciate the support.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed! I've really enjoyed working on PA Hud. The donations have not only made it financially possible to put the time in, but they also encourage me to continue to make it even better!

PokerAce
09-14-2005, 06:30 PM
krimson, I'm going to be taking a look at this on my system. I don't play much on Stars or Crypto, so I may not have played enough to trigger this bug.

If I have trouble reproducing the problem, I will contact you about getting log files. Thanks for letting me know.

PokerAce
09-14-2005, 11:35 PM
I spent some time this evening trying to research the "Treat as 6 Max" lockup bug that some of you are experiencing. The good news is that I was able to reproduce the problem and I believe that I've fixed it.

Tk79
09-15-2005, 08:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quick suggestion:

[/ QUOTE ]

PA Hud already uses "oo" to represent infinite aggression when a player never calls.

It looks like someone else it taking a crack at adding PostgreSQL support to PokerGrapher.

[/ QUOTE ]
It appears that the "oo" only shows up for aggression by street. If you look at overall aggression factor it still shows as 0.00

PokerAce
09-15-2005, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It appears that the "oo" only shows up for aggression by street. If you look at overall aggression factor it still shows as 0.00

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take a closer look at it, thanks for letting me know.

cocked&locked
09-15-2005, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. If a player sees 100 flops, bets 10, calls 2 and folds the rest (88) his PT Aggression Factor (AF) is 5.00 which would appear that he is aggressive. I personally wouldnt call a player that only bets 10 of 100 flops aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't had a chance to play around with the Aggression Frequency Stat yet, or to think about it thoroughly, but I don't agree with this statement. The player that you describe is aggressive. When he chooses to play, he makes an aggressive move. Aggression/Passivity is not the same as Tightness/Looseness. A quick look at the Fold Percentage of this fellow would tell you what you need to know (when combined with the existing Aggression Factor).

I'm not saying that the Agression Frequency stat isn't useful, or doesn't describe agression better - I don't know yet. I plan to experiment with it in the next couple of days.

BTW, Good job on the work that you guys are doing in attempts to quantify these tendencies.

Bazuul
09-16-2005, 12:10 AM
possibly there could be some way to allow users to assign our own weighting? at least in a limited range

PokerAce
09-16-2005, 02:48 AM
I think allowing customizable weighting would be a bad idea. Imagine someone posting a hand saying "this opponent had an aggr freq of xx and...". That number is completely useless without knowing exactly how this person has his Aggr Freq weighted.

APerfect10
09-16-2005, 04:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't had a chance to play around with the Aggression Frequency Stat yet, or to think about it thoroughly, but I don't agree with this statement. The player that you describe is aggressive. When he chooses to play, he makes an aggressive move. Aggression/Passivity is not the same as Tightness/Looseness. A quick look at the Fold Percentage of this fellow would tell you what you need to know (when combined with the existing Aggression Factor).

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you misunderstood me or I am misunderstanding you. I never said that tightness/looseness affects aggression/passivity. In fact, I said the exact opposite. I stated that in my research, I found that the tightness/looseness of a player does not affect their optimum aggressiveness. Neither aggression frequency nor aggression factor take into account tightness/looseness and they shouldnt.

I do agree with you that you could achieve a similar idea of the players aggression frequency by looking at their aggression factor and folds to street; however, this isnt quite true in all cases. I think after you use the stat and play around with it you will understand it and realize its potential more so than you do now.

HesseJam
09-16-2005, 08:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I spent some time this evening trying to research the "Treat as 6 Max" lockup bug that some of you are experiencing. The good news is that I was able to reproduce the problem and I believe that I've fixed it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the same problem. So, should I download again?

PokerAce
09-16-2005, 01:00 PM
No, the fix isn't in the version that's available for download. I'm hoping to have another release out shortly (lots of new features as well as the bug fixes).

smokylosecannon
09-16-2005, 07:21 PM
Hi I have a few question with regards to Agression Frequency

1) How do I know my own Agression Frequency? I know I can select "view mine", but that stats is based on the table I am sitting on. Anyway to see my overall Agression Frequency?

2) How do I retrive Agression Frequency of opp in post-session review? I want start using Agression Frequency as the indicator of villian agression when I post my hand.

thanks

PokerAce
09-16-2005, 07:29 PM
Unfortunately, there's no way to see your own overall Aggression Frequency. This isn't a PokerTracker stat and PA Hud offers no way to see all your stats.

Also, because PT doesn't offer Aggr Freq as a stat, there's no way to see an opponent's Aggr Freq while not playing with him/her.

I could provide some SQL statements that could be used with PostgreSQL that would provide you with the Aggr Freq of players.

PokerAce
09-16-2005, 07:36 PM
Attention: Alpha Testers needed!

I've got basic UltimateBet support coded in addition to some additional filtering methods. I am looking for people to help me test this functionality prior to making another official beta release.

To qualify, you must already have PA Hud installed and configured and be pretty comfortable with it. You must be able to spend some time over the next 2-3 days testing the UltimateBet code at least for a couple hours total. You must also be willing to discuss issues and problems with me over AIM so that I can get bugs fixed ASAP. Finally, you must be willing to download multiple versions as I make changes (several times a day perhaps).

If you are interested, please send me an PM stating so. I'm only looking for about 5-6 people to help me with this, so it's pretty much first come first serve. In the PM, please let me know how much time you are able to spend testing the UltimateBet code.

smokylosecannon
09-16-2005, 07:58 PM
Thanks for quick reply. I am interested in SQL statement. Would you be able to provide me with instraction? I will have no idea what to do without one. Thanks

PokerAce
09-16-2005, 10:51 PM
This is the SQL to run to get the variables needed to calculate Aggression Frequency:

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
SELECT
sum(gp.fbet + gp.fraise) as flop_aggr,
sum(gp.fbet + gp.fraise + gp.fcall + gp.ffold) as flop_aggr_opp,
sum(gp.tbet + gp.traise) as turn_aggr,
sum(gp.tbet + gp.traise + gp.tcall + gp.tfold) as turn_aggr_opp,
sum(gp.rbet + gp.rraise) as river_aggr,
sum(gp.rbet + gp.rraise + gp.rcall + gp.rfold) as river_aggr_opp
FROM game_players gp WHERE gp.player_id= (SELECT (case when (alias_id = 0) then player_id else alias_id end)
FROM players
WHERE screen_name='YOUR_NAME_HERE'
AND main_site_id=(SELECT site_id FROM poker_sites WHERE site_abbrev='PTY'))
</pre><hr />

Obviously, replace YOUR_NAME_HERE with your poker id.

To execute the SQL, open pgAdmin III, select the database you want to run the SQL for and click the icon that says SQL on it. Paste the above SQL into the area and press the Execute Query button. It will give you the 6 fields you need to calculate the final results.

To calculate aggr freq:

flop_aggr / flop_aggr_opp
turn_aggr / turn_aggr_opp
river_aggr / river_aggr_opp

09-18-2005, 06:30 AM
I think I understand the concept of the aggression frequency, but I donīt understand why "checking" is not included in the calculation.

If I understand it correctly the formula is:
(bet+raise)/(bet+raise+call+fold)

Why is it not:
(bet+raise)/(bet+raise+call+check+fold)

/Swedebubba

PokerAce
09-18-2005, 07:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I understand the concept of the aggression frequency, but I donīt understand why "checking" is not included in the calculation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Checking is not included because it does not necessarily indicate weakness. Checking with the intention of raising is certainly not weak, even if it's checked around. Since we do not know what the player is going to do in those cases and because it would be too processor intensive to calculate those times when a player checked on the button, it's best to treat checking as neutral and remove it from the formula all together.

cocked&locked
09-20-2005, 02:22 PM
APerfect10,

My point was merely that the guy (or gal) you described was a tight post-flop player, but played aggressively when he did decide to continue. I read your statement to imply that by not continuing (either through betting or calling)he is not aggressive. Is this a fair assessment of your point? I see merits in using both tendencies to characterize a player.

Anyway -

I have been experimenting with the Aggression Frequency Stat lately. I see some potential, but am not totally convinced its giving me more than aggression factor+fold percentage. I can definately tell the tendencies of the extreme outliers (80%'ers and 20%'ers) by observation, but am unsure as to how sensitive the changes are to noticeable changes in tendencies. I thought I read somewhere (might be in this thread - can't recall) that below 35% and above 65% are getting extreme. True??

In your research, have you taken a look at the average and standard deviation of all Aggression Frequency Values for a database of players? I'd like to get a feel for the range of values and the deviation so I can get an idea of how sensitive the numbers are?

Like I said, I don't know if I like it or not yet, but I'd like to thank you and PokerAce for taking the time to offer an alternative.