PDA

View Full Version : Top two. Scary board.

09-10-2005, 02:39 PM
Comments on my play. Was I right to call on flop or should I give it up there and then? I guess I wanted to see if there Was going to be more scary stuff comming, and turn really slowed me down. How do you read this? Villain was actually just sitting down so no read.
(Posted result becouse with that turn.... theres not much I beat)

FullTiltPoker Game #213672928: Table Bridger (6 max) - $1/$2 - No Limit Hold'em - 14:23:50 ET - 2005/09/10

Seat 2: Ondkloss ($271.40)
Seat 3: X ($67.20)
Seat 4: X ($91)
Seat 5: X ($437.60)
Seat 6: Villain ($232.75)

Villain posts the small blind of $1
Ondkloss posts the big blind of $2
The button is in seat #5

*** HOLE CARDS ***

Dealt to Ondkloss [ 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
X calls $2
X folds
X folds
Villain calls $1
Ondkloss checks

*** FLOP *** [ 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]

Villain bets $6
Ondkloss has 15 seconds left to act
Ondkloss raises to $12
X folds
Villain raises to $42
Ondkloss: wtf
Ondkloss calls $30

*** TURN *** [ 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ] [ T /images/graemlins/heart.gif ]

Villain bets $188.75, and is all in
Ondkloss has 15 seconds left to act
Ondkloss folds
Uncalled bet of $188.75 returned to Villain
Villain mucks
Villain wins the pot ($88)

EMcWilliams
09-10-2005, 05:25 PM
Make your re-raise a little more if you are going to re-raise at all. One he re-pops you, I muck this. There isnt a whole lot that I can see you beating, especially without any reads. I like a little bit of bigger re-raise, to mostly see where you are and possibly get him maybe to fold the idiot end. Once he hits again, you gotta fold. What cards would you consider to be safe on the turn? Even then, if the turn was a blank, would you call his bet (it seems to me as if he was gonna bet the turn no matter what fell)