PDA

View Full Version : Can I call this river?

Burdzthewurd
09-10-2005, 01:25 PM
No read on either opponent, could go either way between a milkbet and just betting a weak hand, hard to tell since bettor is short-stacked.

Omaha Hi $0.50-$0.50 PL (real money)

Seat 1: SB ($49.75 in chips)
Seat 7: BB ($11 in chips)
Seat 8: Hero [10 /images/graemlins/club.gif,Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif,J /images/graemlins/spade.gif,3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif] ($50 in chips)

PRE-FLOP
Hero calls $0.50, SB checks, BB raises to $1, Hero calls $0.50, SB calls $0.50.

FLOP [board cards K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,7 /images/graemlins/club.gif,10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
SB checks, BB bets $1, Hero calls $1, SB calls $1.

TURN [5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
SB checks, BB bets $2, Hero calls $2, SB calls $2.

RIVER [10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
SB checks, BB bets $7 and is all-in, Hero?

BluffTHIS!
09-10-2005, 01:49 PM
Although you have a weak hand with a danlgler and a weak draw, you got priced in by his weak bets and a call would normally have been in order except for the fact you appear to be drawing to a split with the SB. It would appear unlikely by his small post fllop bets that the big blind flopped a set, although KK as well as AA would have been a likely holding for a blind to raise with preflop. But since he has 2 opponents and is willing to put his last money in, he either is full, has a T with an A kicker, or is being stubborn with AA and insuring he doesn't have to decide whether another player's bet is a bluff.

You would be getting over 2.5-1 odds on your call if I read the pot size right, but you do have to factor in the fact that the SB has yet to act and could well be splitting with you or even have you beat if he dogged bottom set all the way or has AT. The only drawing hand of the SB you can scoop if not beat by the BB is something like JT98. So you are either putting in $7 to win 19 or 26 if you win, or 9.5 if you split, or nothing if you are beat, which includes the times you call and fold to the SB's checkraise. However since the times you split pretty much give you a freeroll on the times you are beat by the BB, then I would probably call, although the possibility of the SB having AT could make this a fold. Just hope the SB isn't tricky enough to checkraise with JT98 to get you off the winner.