PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Watching ND vs Michigan

IggyWH
09-10-2005, 01:24 PM
F*cking ABC has lame-ass Penn State on, but luckily another local channel picked up the ABC feed so I get to watch this game. So far though I think its been pretty boring. Both teams defense are not that great so I expected a high scoring game. So far, there's been some ball movement but not too much putting points on the board.

ND needs to stop being bitches and kick the ball to Stevie B though /images/graemlins/smile.gif

mason55
09-10-2005, 01:28 PM
Michigan is losing. Makes me angry.

I always want them to be undefeated when the Buckeyes beat them.

J.R.
09-10-2005, 01:28 PM
all those haters and whiners last year who said it wasn't ty willingham's fault are eating some good old down home crow now. The N.D. offense, and whole team for that matter, looks entirely diferent. Go figure. And they not even that stocked with top blue chippers- YET. Go charlie.

Clarkmeister
09-10-2005, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
all those haters and whiners last year who said it wasn't ty willingham's fault are eating some good old down home crow now. The N.D. offense, and whole team for that matter, looks entirely diferent. Go figure. And they not even that stocked with top blue chippers- YET. Go charlie.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been proven time and again that the good NFL coaches can coach circles around those college clowns (no, Ron Turner doesn't count as a good NFL coach). Weiss will do for ND what Carroll did for USC.

Cancer Merchant
09-10-2005, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been proven time and again that the good NFL coaches can coach circles around those college clowns (no, Ron Turner doesn't count as a good NFL coach). Weiss will do for ND what Carroll did for USC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Callahan and Wannstedt are really tearing it up. The pro offense doesn't always fit the college game.

justin D
09-10-2005, 01:40 PM
ND totally shut down the run in the first half. (with the exception of the Breaston end around)

The first 6 quarters of Weis's ND career has been nothing short of spectacular. Weis really has everyone playing hard.

holeplug
09-10-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Callahan and Wannstedt are really tearing it up. The pro offense doesn't always fit the college game.

[/ QUOTE ]

The key word was 'good' NFL coaches

Clarkmeister
09-10-2005, 01:42 PM
I said good NFL coaches.

IggyWH
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Callahan took over an offense that was option based and has tried to turn it into a spread offense. That change can't happen overnight.

Wanny is struggling now because of Walt Harris' poor recruiting. He's taking a spread offense team and trying to turn it into a ball control offense. Again another change that won't happen overnight.

I'm a huge Pitt fan and while it hurt to see Pitt lose to Ohio last night, I know that's not a sign of the future of our program.

justin D
[ QUOTE ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

Notice how clark said Good NFL coaches....Wannstedt doesnt fit that criteria

IggyWH
09-10-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Notice how clark said Good NFL coaches....Wannstedt doesnt fit that criteria

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you're right, his defense only has won a national championship and a super bowl. He sucks ass as a coach...

justin D
09-10-2005, 01:56 PM
oh .....you mean when he had his lips glued to Jimmy Johnson's rectum..

Cancer Merchant
09-10-2005, 01:58 PM
Carroll's NFL record as head coach is 33-31, 1-2 in the playoffs. Not significantly higher than Wannstedt at 82-86, 2-3 and Callahan 15-17, 2-1. Weis is a good O-guy, but I don't see how you can make this sweeping statement.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-10-2005, 02:13 PM
Grady's a beast. He needs to learn to hold the ball with both hands, though... that one was close.

mason55
09-10-2005, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Grady's a beast. He needs to learn to hold the ball with both hands, though... that one was close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spoke too soon Patrick

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-10-2005, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Spoke too soon Patrick

[/ QUOTE ]
MOTHERFUCKER. Seriously. Henne needs to get his head out of his ass.

HDPM
09-10-2005, 02:15 PM
Saying Wannstedt was a lousy NFL coach isn't a stretch.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-10-2005, 02:17 PM
SUCK IT, Quinn!

Clarkmeister
09-10-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Saying Wannstedt was a lousy NFL coach isn't a stretch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Saying he wasn't, is.

crosse91
09-10-2005, 02:39 PM
anyone else notice that the nd rb hesitates too much before he hit the hole?

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-10-2005, 02:51 PM
FUMBLE! Now don't [censored] this one up, Henne.

Clarkmeister
09-10-2005, 02:56 PM
I just love watching Michigan take it in the ass.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-10-2005, 02:57 PM
Henne can suck my ass. What a stupid little bitch.

Clarkmeister
09-10-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Beat down at home. Awesome.

pokerdirty
09-10-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

damnit. how is an undefeated OSU supposed to beat an undefeated Michigan in late november if ND beats them today?

bugstud
09-10-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I expect a cery pissed off drunken phone call from my one friend at UMich in about 30 minutes...if he doesn't I guess I'll just have to ring him up.

mason55
09-10-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

damnit. how is an undefeated OSU supposed to beat an undefeated Michigan in late november if ND beats them today?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's so tough. I hate rooting for Michigan but nothing is better than spoiling a perfect Michigan season in November.

Truthfully... I would ALMOST rather spoil a perfect Michigan season than win the national championship. ALMOST.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-10-2005, 03:05 PM
It's time to pull Henne and put someone's little sister in at QB.

mason55
09-10-2005, 03:11 PM
I'm so conflicted about who to root for.

I might just have to go to Chipotle.

That was a fumble though.

bugstud
09-10-2005, 03:12 PM
W T F

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-10-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He scored the first time.

mason55
09-10-2005, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You and your "details"

pokerdirty
09-10-2005, 03:13 PM
i love instant replay. good call.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-10-2005, 03:14 PM
UN [censored] REAL

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-10-2005, 03:15 PM
I feel like this is some sort of episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm where everybody's just [censored] over Larry at every turn with the stupidest [censored].

A_C_Slater
09-10-2005, 03:15 PM
I can't believe Michigan is losing to a bunch of Catholics.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-10-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You and your "details"

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know how blind you have to be to not be able to see that he scored. What a crock.

bugstud
09-10-2005, 03:17 PM
well maybe UMich gets a break...whooooops I guess not.

IggyWH
09-10-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know how blind you have to be to not be able to see that he scored. What a crock.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm half-ass watching the game and when I saw that 1st down I thought for sure he scored and changed the channel. I couldn't believe what was going on when I turned it back on.

pokerdirty
[ QUOTE ]
i love instant replay. good call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Michigan fans are going to [censored] HATE instant replay after today.

Hal 2000
Best thing is that the fight song starts playing, all for naught

Hal 2000
09-10-2005, 03:20 PM
Some classy fans at the Big House....

IggyWH
09-10-2005, 03:21 PM
Stevie B's returning this [censored]...

pokerdirty
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you expect from drunk college kids? wait for the riots tonight in columbus...

Patrick del Poker Grande
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I'm not going to lie. People from the Detroit end of Michigan are not the brightest people around. Nor are they... how do you say... classy.

bugstud
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

mason55
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that he scored. I really don't like seeing Michigan lose to anyone but the Buckeyes.

ND should be in the top 10 after this game.

[censored], i wrote that before the announcers started talking about it

mason55
09-10-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you expect from drunk college kids? wait for the riots tonight in columbus...

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at the National Championship riots (not rioting just wasted). If we win tonight I have a feeling it will eclipse those. Everyone is just back at school and ready to start the year off with a bang.

pokerdirty
09-10-2005, 03:24 PM
Where do you rank ND this week? If they are not in the top 10, there is something seriously wrong, after beating no. 23 Pitt (albeit overrated), and now no.3 Mich. and BOTH on the road.

Clarkmeister
09-10-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the ultimate flaw of the absurd polling system. After this game, ND will have won twice, including AT MICHIGAN and Michigan will have not only lost to ND at home, but struggled in their first game. Yet Michigan will likely still be ranked higher because they started so much higher. What a joke.

IggyWH
09-10-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Where do you rank ND this week? If they are not in the top 10, there is something seriously wrong, after beating no. 23 Pitt (albeit overrated), and now no.3 Mich. and BOTH on the road.

[/ QUOTE ]

They definitely should be Top10, but considering all the ND d*ck-riders who are voters, they'll prob be Top5.

mason55
09-10-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They are looking like the ND of old.

Although, remember that Ty Willingham won his first... what... 8 games?

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-10-2005, 03:27 PM
Henne better not show his face outside of practice for a while - he's likely to be strung up by an angry mob if he's seen on campus.

Hal 2000
This team's got nine lives....

Clarkmeister
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They definitely should be Top10, but considering all the ND d*ck-riders who are voters, they'll prob be Top5.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, ND has consistently been one of the more screwed-over teams in the polls. The ND hate squad is just as big as those who love them.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-10-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Finally he does something right and can hit a wide open receiver.

pokerdirty
09-10-2005, 03:28 PM
anyone just see the shot of the UM cheerleaders?

looks like the Lee sisters...

Ugly, Homely, Portly

IggyWH
09-10-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually, ND has consistently been one of the more screwed-over teams in the polls. The ND hate squad is just as big as those who love them.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was all because of Ty... everyone's blowing ND since Weis came on board.

bugstud
[ QUOTE ]

Ugly, Homely, Portly

[/ QUOTE ]

the big ten is not so great for these things.

Clarkmeister
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That was all because of Ty... everyone's blowing ND since Weis came on board.

[/ QUOTE ]

It extends further back than Ty. They got screwed one way then the other when it came to playing for the national championship under Holtz.

IggyWH
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He still didn't do it "right". The receiver had the whole middle of the field and Henne didn't lead him. That DB "almost" caught up to defend that pass.

IggyWH
09-10-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Ugly, Homely, Portly

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was younger, I thought cheerleaders were a reflection of the "talent" at a school. This belief can't be any more wrong.

The good looking chicks are way too busy partying and screwing to put in the amount of time those poor cheerleaders & dance teams put in.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-10-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He still didn't do it "right". The receiver had the whole middle of the field and Henne didn't lead him. That DB "almost" caught up to defend that pass.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, he was at least within the margin of error.

bugstud
09-10-2005, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Ugly, Homely, Portly

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was younger, I thought cheerleaders were a reflection of the "talent" at a school. This belief can't be any more wrong.

The good looking chicks are way too busy partying and screwing to put in the amount of time those poor cheerleaders & dance teams put in.

[/ QUOTE ]

yup

michigan is still alive, wtf

pokerdirty
09-10-2005, 03:33 PM
WHY THE [censored] DID QUINN THROW THAT AWAY?!?!?

bugstud
09-10-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
WHY THE [censored] DID QUINN THROW THAT AWAY?!?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

you prefer a fumble/sack/td?

pokerdirty
09-10-2005, 03:34 PM
sack eats up clock

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-10-2005, 03:35 PM
Where the [censored] was the pass interference call? It was by no means a certain catch, but he had a chance.

mason55
09-10-2005, 03:36 PM
That was really really close to being pass interference.

Henne is back to sucking again at least.

bugstud
[ QUOTE ]
Where the [censored] was the pass interference call? It was by no means a certain catch, but he had a chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

some form of contact foul would have been appropiate if it exists in college.

IggyWH
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When the showed the replay, he was also heald up about 15 yards downfield.

IggyWH
09-10-2005, 03:37 PM
Nice work Henne, 4th & 15 for the game and you try throwing a 5 yard out...

bugstud
what the [censored]?

throw it 15 yards!

Patrick del Poker Grande
WHAT THE [censored] KIND OF [censored] IDIOT RETARD THROWS A 5-YARD PASS ON 4TH AND 15? AND HE CAN'T EVEN HIT THAT!

mason55
09-10-2005, 03:38 PM
What a terrible set of downs. Michigan looked awful today.

Chad Henne just lost every single Heisman vote he had.

Jack of Arcades
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No joke.

Patrick del Poker Grande
It wasn't even open!

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-10-2005, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What a terrible set of downs. Michigan looked awful today.

Chad Henne just lost every single Heisman vote he had.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pffffttt... Heisman... That fucker doesn't deserve to be starting.

IggyWH
09-10-2005, 03:40 PM
Charlie's still fat...

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-10-2005, 03:40 PM
Well... we've got a couple months until the only game left that matters to work on Henne not being such a [censored] pussy. It'll be sweet to knock tOSU off their national title, per usual.

Clarkmeister
09-10-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well... we've got a couple months until the only game left that matters to work on Henne not being such a [censored] pussy. It'll be sweet to knock tOSU off their national title, per usual.

[/ QUOTE ]

per usual?

mason55
09-10-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

per usual?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah last I checked 2002 > 1998. Plus last time a team from Michgan stopped our national title run it was the Spartans.

pokerdirty
09-10-2005, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

per usual?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah last I checked 2002 > 1998. Plus last time a team from Michgan stopped our national title run it was the Spartans.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] i was at that game. i cried (middle school). that is how much tOSU football means to c-bus

mason55
09-10-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[censored] i was at that game. i cried (middle school). that is how much tOSU football means to c-bus

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I can name a few times Buckeye football has made me cry (including that game). You mean it's not a normal thing in the rest of the country?

A_C_Slater
09-10-2005, 04:27 PM
Hey Patrick, did you attend Michigan?

They are known for producing a lot of Rocket Scientists.

ThaSaltCracka
09-10-2005, 05:12 PM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/AAS11009102038.jpg

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-10-2005, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Patrick, did you attend Michigan?

They are known for producing a lot of Rocket Scientists.

[/ QUOTE ]
I did and you're right, they are. You saw the Apollo XV commercial, I take it?

SinCityGuy
09-11-2005, 02:59 AM
The Big Ten elite really took it on the chin today. I guess we have a new frontrunner for the "most overrated conference." /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

battschr
09-11-2005, 03:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The Big Ten elite really took it on the chin today. I guess we have a new frontrunner for the "most overrated conference." /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
True enough.

bernie
09-11-2005, 04:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I said good NFL coaches.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean like Bill Walsh's stellar acheivements at Stanford? /images/graemlins/grin.gif Gotta love his record there. His last tenure he went 17-17. yay.

What good NFL coaches are you referring to? I'm guessing you're meaning coaches going from NFL to College.

There is a big difference between coaching NFL and College. Many coaches seem to coach one well, but suck at the other in comparison. Lesser NFL coaches (coordinators) seem to do better than NFL head coaches when going back to college ball.

b