PDA

View Full Version : I play nut flushes terribly

Burdzthewurd
09-10-2005, 01:18 PM
Button is very overagressive. He's willing to get all the money in with naked AA on any flop.

Omaha Hi $0.50-$0.50 PL (real money)

Seat 1: BB ($75.25 in chips)
Seat 3: Tilt ($137.25 in chips)
Seat 7: Button ($55.75 in chips)
Seat 8: Hero [10 /images/graemlins/club.gif,A /images/graemlins/club.gif,3 /images/graemlins/club.gif,J /images/graemlins/heart.gif] ($47 in chips)

PRE-FLOP
Tilt folds, Button calls $0.50, Hero checks, BB checks.

FLOP [board cards Q /images/graemlins/club.gif,7 /images/graemlins/club.gif,5 /images/graemlins/club.gif ]
Hero bets $0.75, BB calls $0.75, Button raises to $3, Hero raises to $8, BB folds, Button raises to $11.50, Hero?

Does anyone pop this back in case he has a set and hits the turn, or is this a smooth-call everytime thinking he's got maybe top two or a smaller flush? I'd hate to get bluffed out of the pot if the board pairs on the turn, but is that worth the chance the turn blanks out and I can get a big checkraise in?

benkahuna
09-10-2005, 03:28 PM
You have the nuts with some possible draw out cards and an apparently interested party. Do you want to take a 7/45 chance the board will pair? Or do you want to push your hand for the maximum?

I push here. You've already made some money if the guy folds and it looks like he might stick around. I would hate to make it cheap and allow the board to pair on the flop when I have no redraws.

I don't like slowplaying any remotely vulnerable hand in omaha. I've regretted it almost every time unless I was against a very aggressive opponent that I could count on to bet or raise in the round I still had the nuts.

DRKEVDC
09-10-2005, 07:07 PM
I push here, although, slowplaying super aggressive players has worked out well for me. I realize what cards can hurt me and proceed with caution when those hit if I am slowplaying.