PDA

View Full Version : Fold set to 3-flush?

Rooger
09-10-2005, 12:38 PM
What is your action here?
Villain seems to be a bad LAG, 50/14/2.6 over 35 hands, for what it's worth.
Hasn't seen much from him, except that he min-raises PF.

Should've potted the flop, don't know why I didn't do it this time.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP ($39.65)
CO ($79.55)
Button ($52.75)
SB ($41.85)
Hero ($53.88)
UTG ($43.27)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $1</font>, Button calls $1, SB (poster) calls $0.75, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($4) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, CO folds, Button calls $3, SB folds.

Turn: ($10) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $20</font>, Hero?

Muisyle
09-10-2005, 01:24 PM
Hero calls and tries to fill up on the river.

gol4pro
09-10-2005, 01:40 PM
I think you see A /images/graemlins/club.gifand an 8/4/3 here a lot of the time against a LAG. Couldn't he also have a set of 3's?!

Call to fill up on river for sure, he's paying you off every time you do, so it's +EV.

I'm really not thinking he has the Flush. LAG's don't raise flushes on boards like that when they DO have it-- they slowplay.

Rooger
09-10-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm really not thinking he has the Flush. LAG's don't raise flushes on boards like that when they DO have it-- they slowplay.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really agree on this - why would he slowplay it, when I'm being aggresive on the board? If he had a set of 3's, it seems strange to raise me when when the third club falls, but not on the flop.

UOPokerPlayer
09-10-2005, 03:47 PM
Call it, and check-call a bet if the river btricks a non-club. I think you're gonna pay him off here. If you fill up on the river, pot it. I use to fold these all the time, but I think you're letting go of the best hand too much. I'd say a river call of a blank you have to go with your reads, and no what the size of villians bets mean. A lot of time a huge bet is a hope that you'll fold and you're ahead. Something to think about.

Rooger
09-11-2005, 09:28 AM
I was pretty sure that Villain had the flush he represented - his AF is not high compared to his VPIP / PFR.
But I guess the implied odds makes this a call - I guess it's correct that I stack Villain when I fill up.

I folded this, as I figured I had 20% to improve, and the pot odds weren't good enough for this, but I guess this is a call &amp; check/call a reasonable river bet (or a big bet, for a person bluffing the flush).