PDA

View Full Version : CAN I LAY THIS DOWN ON THE FLOP??? 2/5 NL

surfinillini
09-10-2005, 12:05 PM
2/5 NL last night, built 300 into 900 in about 4 hours of play and some good cards.

Hand that got me good:

Get dealt AdKd on the button.

UTG makes it $30, 1 MP calls, I call ($96 in pot)

Flop comes As Ks 9d

UTG makes it 50, MP calls, I raise to ($150).

UTG goes all in, about $70 or so more, MP player FOLDS, and even though I'm probably behind to a set of 9s I thinkin @ this point I gotta call.

Turn - BLANK

River - BLANK

I flip over the AK, he shows AA for 3 aces.

CAN I LAY THIS HAND DOWN ON THIS FLOP???

09-10-2005, 12:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't. Can't fault you for your play on this one. Either fold PF if you can put him squarely on AA or KK with his 6x BB utg raise or play it like you did.

These types of hands won't come up very often. AA vs AK and you get AKx on the flop, pretty unlucky for you.

boondockst
09-10-2005, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Turn - BLANK

River - BLANK

[/ QUOTE ]

and

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are completely unrelated.

The first part is a "bad beat" post in disguise and it's useless.

The second part, the part about possibly folding top two pair getting over 4:1, that part's answer is "No"

iceman5
09-10-2005, 12:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Turn - BLANK

River - BLANK

[/ QUOTE ]

and

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are completely unrelated.

The first part is a "bad beat" post in disguise and it's useless.

The second part, the part about possibly folding top two pair getting over 4:1, that part's answer is "No"

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not a bad baet when he was behind at every strret. Its just a bad luck second best hand.

No way you can fold to the all in

captZEEbo1
09-10-2005, 12:30 PM
when he leads out for 50 on that flop, i go into the tank and fold!!!! QQ would be too scared to bet again, which leaves him with only AA or KK, you GOTS TO FOLD!#!^%!^!#^T%!#^T!T Save your chips for a better time, flip your hand face up and say "I'm not stupid, I won't fall for your trapz".

Brock Landers
09-10-2005, 12:40 PM
To call $70 more into a $466 pot with top two on the flop. Easy fold.

09-10-2005, 01:14 PM
There is no reason to lay it down. VERY rarely will AA run into AK with an ace on the flop. Now say the flop came K92, and there was all that action, then there might be something to question. But even then, give his chip stack it would probably be a quick call. It cost you 250 with top 2 pair...nothing you can do about it here.

creedofhubris
09-10-2005, 03:29 PM
If he had $1000 more to bet at you, then yes, you could lay it down.

Since he didn't, since in fact you were getting 6:1 on your money on the final call, then no, you couldn't lay it down.

Allinlife
09-10-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To call $70 more into a $466 pot with top two on the flop. Easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
crystal clear fold.

chuddo
09-10-2005, 03:59 PM
pretty clear fold, even if the flop had come A-K-K it is pretty easy to get away from.

also, you should have never called preflop in the first place.

AK-suited is a junk hand against an UTG raiser and a caller.

my guess is MP had KK and clearly got away from his hand, as you should have.

Brock Landers
09-10-2005, 06:00 PM
You are obviously playing WAY too loose. Your A K that you called the raise with is a borderline trash hand. Even pocket 2's are favorite over you. The flop reraise is VERY easy to fold. Besides, you only had the 4th nuts. If you get in the habit of calling all your chips with the 4th nuts, you will get stacked often.

yvesaint
09-10-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You are obviously playing WAY too loose. Your A K that you called the raise with is a borderline trash hand. Even pocket 2's are favorite over you. The flop reraise is VERY easy to fold. Besides, you only had the 4th nuts. If you get in the habit of calling all your chips with the 4th nuts, you will get stacked often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. Just because your AK was soooooooooooted doesn't mean it's any good. You're way too loose pre-flop. Also, check-fold the flop. You didn't make a straight or a flush.

09-10-2005, 06:05 PM
Brock is right. Folding preflop is the best line, mainly because diamonds are no good. If it was a manly suit like spades, you'd be in business. Alas, AdKd, as has been mentioned above... is trash.

ahnuld
09-10-2005, 07:55 PM
Raise him preflop, fold to a reraise. Once the flop comes, you cannot fold

09-10-2005, 08:17 PM
Boo [censored] hoo.

Why did you post this? You know you have to call, nobody wants to here about how the last ace came on the flop and you lost to somebody who outplayed you. Get lost.

ryanghall
09-10-2005, 10:24 PM
Depends on the UTG player.

Is this the type of guy that only raises AA-JJ and AK UTG? If so, you're splitting the pot at best. That probably makes this a fold.

If he raises a lot of hands UTG it makes it a lot tougher.

Ryan

Edit: just realized the whole $70 thing and laughed. I was assuming he had the same amount behind as you. It's a clear call.

tdarko
09-11-2005, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why did you post this?

[/ QUOTE ]

mgsimpleton
09-11-2005, 11:19 AM
for all those who said you can't call preflop with AdKd, you're all morans with a capital A. AdKd has a royal draw (i'm obv only playing it for royal value, but that alone... free jacket at foxwoods!!)

augie00
09-11-2005, 12:15 PM
lol.