PDA

View Full Version : What happened to ThePokerClub.com?

PokerNoob
09-10-2005, 11:06 AM
I was a member of the site. I signed up via some affiliate here for HUSH league play. I rarely visit the site, but just tried to start it up. The client wouldn't connect and complained about a DNS error. I went to the web site and redownloaded the client, installed it, and cranked it up. Its a much different user interface and the "fedora hat" logo, etc. isn't on there. It took my userid and password fine when I logged in. So far so good, except my real money balanace is now ZERO!!!!

What's going on? None of the help screens or cashier works.....

Photoc
09-10-2005, 01:25 PM
Just a thought, but you could try emailing support to find out what happened to the site.

09-10-2005, 02:51 PM
ThePokerClub merged into the World Poker Exchange about half a year ago. Just in the last month ThePokerClub left WPEX and became a PokerRoom skin.

Always liked that little room as a stand alone room..they had good customer service and value in their small tournies...ThePokerClub as you know it is gone...just another PokerRoom skin now.

PokerNoob
09-10-2005, 03:07 PM
Ok, looks like they got bought out or something, or are with another network. I needed to be verified before anything worked or I could see my real money balance.

I guess the lesson here is not to leave money lying around in accounts you rarely use.

Keith Fellmy
09-10-2005, 06:39 PM
Yea I liked this room too. Too bad that it is now a crap hole. I liked the Poker Network and its skins, they were a great source of fish. Bonuses were tought to clear, but not impossible (like UB and Poker Room are now). There was always a .25/.50 NL game going. Tourneys weren't too bad either. They didn't pay that well since there weren't that many players. Lots of one dollar and two dollar entry tourneys. So you could get good cheap tourney experience without destroying your bankroll. I managed to win a couple and had lots of money finishes there.

whenever I was playing bad and on a downswing, I went to The Poker Club and got some of my confidence back (as well as most of the money I lost at the other site).

Luckily I had taken all of my money out before it changed.