PDA

View Full Version : Foxwoods trip 9/8

09-10-2005, 09:32 AM
Hi all,

Been a long time lurker and finally going to post something. I had taken 3 trips up to Foxwoods with the local chinatown bus company. Can't beat 12 dollar round trip and get 12.50 meal and 40 dollar match play coupons.

I sat down and played an Act I for the WPT Finals in November. First time playing live poker ever. Benn playing online for a couple of months. Micro limit and tournys and pretty much breaking even. Anyway top 2 places wins an act 2 seat and I got my seat.

Did an act II a couple of weeks later and an older gentleman named Burt. Wears a cap and a red jacket. It Everyone knows him from other players, dealers and the floor people. I wonder if this is the same Burt that I read about on another Foxwoods trip report earlier?

He was seated 2 to my right for this AcII. he and I placed and got our buy ins for ACT III.

I get there and register for ACT III and 80 people are playing so 8 seats are being won. I get my seat assignment and go to my table and see Burt seating at Seat 1. Iam at 4. Table is pretty friendly everyone chatting up and People asking Burt How nmany?

Seat 3 is empty and a new player comes in. he looks familiar just can't place him yet. Puts pictures of his kids behind his chip stack and I tell cute kids. I have one myself. Then it hits me. He finished 13th in the WSOP Saw pictures of him on cardplayer. geeze what have I gotten myself into.

4th round I think and early position short stack goes all in about 3000T. I'm on the button and look down at two red aces. I call and he flips over Qs Js, Flip over my aces and he groans and flop come 5,9,5, turn and river don;t help and my aces hold up.

Another hand I had I was in late position and folded all around to me and I was holding Ad Jd and rasied to 500. Button called (WSOP 13th finisher). Flop came A K 10. I made it 1000 to go he mucks his hand and says I believe you. I show my Ace and hes I belive you. hehe

I busted out after the second break I finished 30th out of 80 not bad for a first live MTT. WSOP finisher came up to me after I busted out the table broke and told me about my tell. He's Im not trying to be critical. I tell him no I appreciate any advice. This is my third time playing live. He tells me I played well and then he told me my tells. I went to my room and thought about that for a while and got prepared for the Friday morning tourny.

talk about that in my next post.

boedeker
09-10-2005, 10:47 AM
what was your tell?

grandgnu
09-10-2005, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what was your tell?

[/ QUOTE ]

His tell was that his writing and grammar would improve anytime he had a strong hand.

woo-hoo-hoo-hoo!

Seriously though, congrats, hope I don't have you at my table when I'm down at tha' Woods.

09-10-2005, 10:16 PM
My breathing pattern. I thought it was just because I am 90 pounds overweight.

I only played 4 live tournies. ACT I, II, III and the Friday 8 am tourny. Finished in the money out of 120 players. Last spot hehe.

Toro
09-11-2005, 06:15 PM
Yes that's most likely the same Burt that I know and posted about. He's a suckout artist supreme. But he plays a lot of hands.

I played the same Act III, was at Table 3, busted before the first break. Wish a WSOP player would tell me my tells, that's valuable info.

09-11-2005, 07:35 PM
I was at table 2 wearing a chicago bears football jersey Piccolo 41

blendedsuit
09-11-2005, 07:41 PM
nice report. where does the bus leave from?(Chinatown, Boston?) Do you know where any other information on the bus is available? Thanks

09-11-2005, 07:59 PM
Chinatown Queens in NYC sorry I wasnt clear with that in my post.

Toro
09-12-2005, 07:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was at table 2 wearing a chicago bears football jersey Piccolo 41

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw you, because I remember the shirt.

09-12-2005, 12:19 PM
Wife got it for me for Christmas. I'm a very distant relative of Brian Piccolo. After she got it I saw the throwback jerseys of Brian Piccolo half the cost of the authentic one /images/graemlins/frown.gif