PDA

View Full Version : KQs against unknown - river donk. 6max

GoblinMason (Craig)
09-10-2005, 06:36 AM
Opponent just sat down this orbit. Haven't noticed him so far.

Party Poker Pot-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB ($369.44)
Hero ($419.90)
Button ($365.20)
SB ($296.40)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $14</font>, SB (poster) calls $12, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($32) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $20</font>, SB calls $20.

Turn: ($72) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $55</font>, SB calls $55.

River: ($182) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $181</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $363

-Craig

captZEEbo1
09-10-2005, 06:51 AM
only hand you're really behind is like A9 I'd assume, MAYBE AK? weird spot. You had the draw on the flop, so I don't really know what is going on in this hand. A/images/graemlins/heart.gif8/images/graemlins/heart.gif is possible too I guess. This is really weird though.

Heimdal
09-10-2005, 07:30 AM
I would check the turn. There are no draws to charge and getting checkraised is not fun

09-10-2005, 07:57 AM
I'll fold against an unknown... wierd spot I'll say it's a bluff fair % of the time here. I'll put him on a9/a8 though and fold. looks like he got lucky and wants to get paid off.

vanHelsing
09-10-2005, 08:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would check the turn. There are no draws to charge and getting checkraised is not fun

[/ QUOTE ]

DonButtons
09-10-2005, 12:53 PM
looks like a easy laydown?

Ive seen this a lot, either big monster hoping you hit your ace and that you were bluffing on flop/turn, or he hit his Ace with Ahxh on the river making it look like a big bluff.

gol4pro
09-10-2005, 01:33 PM
Weird spot... but checking the turn is awful.

Personally, I'm trying to get the money in fast here, so as a small gear-shift, I'll overbet this flop quite often trying to represent QQ/JJ trying to push someone off Kx. You'd be amazed how often Kx falls for it at my 2/4 game.

Pot the turn, and this is a good river fold.

JooWish622
09-10-2005, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you kidding?

Allinlife
09-10-2005, 02:01 PM
no

creedofhubris
09-10-2005, 03:31 PM
You played this fine.

iceman5
09-10-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Weird spot... but checking the turn is awful.

Personally, I'm trying to get the money in fast here, so as a small gear-shift, I'll overbet this flop quite often trying to represent QQ/JJ trying to push someone off Kx. You'd be amazed how often Kx falls for it at my 2/4 game.

Pot the turn, and this is a good river fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love how people say "check the turn" and then other people say "checking the turn is aweful". And both of them say it as if its the definitively correct play. Clearly they both cant be correct.

I just read another thread where people are saying "no way to fold there" and others are saying "crystal clear fold". Amazing.

BobboFitos
09-10-2005, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just read another thread where people are saying "no way to fold there" and others are saying "crystal clear fold". Amazing.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is the thread Ithink it is, it's only because half the people are sarcastic and the other half are serious. (So they really do agree)

In this thread I think both views can be correct... Most cases this is a "standard' check given you have a good draw and a decent made hand, but if all the money goes in on the turn the made hand matters not and you dont have odds for the draw. However, given it's 4 handed and whatnot alot of times I'd slip a value bet here...

[ QUOTE ]
Clearly they both cant be correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

what im trying to say is maybe they are

ahnuld
09-10-2005, 07:40 PM
My two cents, checking the turn is better.

Anyways I fold this river pretty fast without a read. Looks like he was slowplaying and was afraid ace would scare you from betting, or the A helped him.