PDA

View Full Version : Oddest hand I've played in a while.

Jeff W
09-10-2005, 03:28 AM
Villain is 21/11/1.5 over 2500 hands. FBB=49

Party Poker Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>.

W. Deranged
09-10-2005, 03:31 AM
Dude... you have a lot of hands on this guy.

Ummm... Raise and call a three-bet. Capping can't be bad either. The turn move seems to indicate he liked the A... whether that means he hit it or had a 2 to begin with is hard to tell, but I think you'll see like AJ or something here often.

Would this guy defend his blind very liberally against you? You didn't necessarily enter in a steal position, which means he might not enter with many hands containing deuces. Since the most likely hands contain dueces are A2 and 22, I think we're likely safe here.

hobbsmann
09-10-2005, 03:37 AM
I think this is a very safe cap. Like W. has pointed out the only likely holdings that villian can have that contain a 2 are not very likely given the board so pump the pot expecting to win.

cold_cash
09-10-2005, 03:44 AM
With what hands would this guy go apeshit on the flop with besides a 2?

Does he cap and checkraise the turn with, say, 66-TT or Ax against a pre-flop raiser? If the answer is "yes" I'd go another bet on the turn.

It just seems unlikely that the Ace on the turn could have helped him based on the flop action, and he certainly doesn't seem concerned about it helping you, either.

Nick Royale
09-10-2005, 03:46 AM
I need to raise at least one more time here.

Buck_65
09-10-2005, 03:48 AM
Wow, seeing monsters under the bed are we? I'm not even close to slowing down yet on that turn.

Jeff W
09-10-2005, 03:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, seeing monsters under the bed are we?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, his play is very consistent with quad deuces. This player is probably not capping the flop w/ Ax and he is probably not check-raising the turn w/ less than a pair of aces. I think he has Kxs, A2s or even A2o or X2s more often than he is out of line.

Of course, I raised the river anyway because I had Aces full and everyone knows Aces full is a monster.

cold_cash
09-10-2005, 04:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, seeing monsters under the bed are we?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, his play is very consistent with quad deuces. This player is probably not capping the flop w/ Ax and he is probably not check-raising the turn w/ less than a pair of aces. I think he has Kxs, A2s or even A2o or X2s more often than he is out of line.

Of course, I raised the river anyway because I had Aces full and everyone knows Aces full is a monster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was prepared to see four-of-a-kind simply because I couldn't believe he would give all that action on the flop w/ overcards or a small pocket pair.

Then again, if he did flop four deuces how likely would he be to checkraise the flop? Seems like most people I know would check and call and then try something tricky on the turn.

09-10-2005, 04:28 AM
Very interesting hand. At first I thought he would be unlikely to cap OOP -&gt; c/r an Ace without having the nuts here. But then it dawned on me that your 3-bet on the flop, followed by an ace turn-card probably convinced him that you were holding a PP. I put him on TT/JJ, just barely enough times to reraise the turn. If reraised, just call the river.

Buck_65
09-10-2005, 04:30 AM
The longer I stare at the hand, the more I think you're right that he has quads. I need to pay more attention to stats next time, also.

Chris Daddy Cool
10-10-2005, 09:48 AM
i would just call down as you did.

his play is very consistent with quads and he checkaised the ace on teh turn (a card, given how he played the flop, couldn't possibly have helped him).

mtdoak
10-10-2005, 10:23 AM
I have a hard time buying quads here. Most flopped monsters would wait to the turn to pop you.

Buckmulligan
10-10-2005, 10:29 AM
i would lke to get in at least one more bet on the turn. This guy is not that passive, and we better be sure of a pretty obscure read, in my opinion, to give up 2-4 BB.